Recreation Hockey League

Happy Birthday to your boy Serge.Chris, if you get it going, I will be in.
Thats a bad day for me, or else I would come.Going to watch the Leafs take on the Stanley Cup champs from the comfort of the TD box.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Just realized that the closed the city outdoor rinks in Toronto. That sucks since we have been hitting the rinks to goof around about once a week.Last night at my son's game they won their 1st playoff game. 6-3. Nathan scored the 6th goal (usual, standing in front of the net).Afterwards, we saw the convenor who has a nickname for Nathan (Animal). He told us that he is in the top 5 goal scorers (non select kids, so only houseleague players).

Just realized that the closed the city outdoor rinks in Toronto. That sucks since we have been hitting the rinks to goof around about once a week.Last night at my son's game they won their 1st playoff game. 6-3. Nathan scored the 6th goal (usual, standing in front of the net).Afterwards, we saw the convenor who has a nickname for Nathan (Animal). He told us that he is in the top 5 goal scorers (non select kids, so only houseleague players).
One more chance to skate... my tyke team has open ice on tuesday march 14th at 6 pm at chic murray in east mississauga. I was going to sell it back to the league, but if you guys want to skate, we can set it up...
One more chance to skate... my tyke team has open ice on tuesday march 14th at 6 pm at chic murray in east mississauga. I was going to sell it back to the league, but if you guys want to skate, we can set it up...
East Mississauga is closer to me. LOL.Thanks for the offer but unfortunately he has next playoff game on Tuesday at 8 pm.
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm officially day-to-day with a lower body injury. Probably shouldn't have played last night.One game left in the regular season, against the 1st place team. The Ninja Turtles have been rolling lately with 7 wins in our last 8 games, and we've moved ourselves from the basement to 2nd place.

My son's school hockey team made the finals. They will be playing at the Ricoh in 2 weeks.They played 5 games today from 7 am till 3 pm. My son will also be playing tonight at his houseleague playoff game. So 6 games today.In my present state, I am not sure if I can play 2 games in a day.

What? That's absurd. Most I ever played growing up was 2 in a day. I played 3 in a day a year or so ago in some men's tournament. Surprisingly, I felt much better in the 3rd game. Dunno why. Had a few hours in between each of them to recover.

They apparently had refrigeration problems with the rink here in town and it was serious enough that they just melted the ice 2 weeks before they were planning to do so for the summer months. I've skated a number of times in the past month or so hoping to join a drop in game by the end of the month but that's not gonna happen till the fall. Not a huge deal for me but the hockey leagues aren't happy as they had the last week in the regular season as well as playoffs canceled.

I play in a summer men's league. :club:
Summer hockey is the BEST!! Going to the rink in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt then patio beers after?????? life is gud..
Summer hockey is the BEST!! Going to the rink in shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt then patio beers after?????? life is gud..
Damn skippy. Except I play in Kanata, near SBP, and if you've ever been there, you know it's nowhere near any bars. Our games are late too, so it's tough to get the team to go out after. Idiots have real jobs and shit.
Yeah, they have cooling systems in the rinks...
True, but the extra heat in C-ville makes it more costly to keep things cold. Plus the genius that designed the place put these big windows along the whole ice surface so the sun shines onto the ice for much of the day. Plus I live in a college town so the customer base goes down quite a bit. They'll have indoor soccer and roller hockey (which I might try) until the ice comes back in the fall.1142516582_Ty7zL-M.jpgBottom line, I wish I lived somewhere that had ice hockey year round.

Roller hockey is an absolute blast. I was better at roller hockey than I was at ice hockey, I think. They only had a decent league the last 2 or 3 years of my eligibility (age) though. I have a career point streak, including TWO games I played as goalie. Lots of 6+ point games as well.

To all of those that kindly expressed concern over my 6 year olds hockey playing concussion, good news! He has been cleared, and will make his team's final game of the season. It's a huge relief, and thank you all for your kind words....

To all of those that kindly expressed concern over my 6 year olds hockey playing concussion, good news! He has been cleared, and will make his team's final game of the season. It's a huge relief, and thank you all for your kind words....
Good stuff!

Now I remember why I should have kept wearing a cage.Adult league game last night, took a stick that went underneath the visor and caught me above the right eye. Thankfully missed the eye but took 4 stitches.To all those "Adult League All-Stars" if you are going to do the chip and spin move at the blue line keep your damn stick down.

Now I remember why I should have kept wearing a cage.Adult league game last night, took a stick that went underneath the visor and caught me above the right eye. Thankfully missed the eye but took 4 stitches.To all those "Adult League All-Stars" if you are going to do the chip and spin move at the blue line keep your damn stick down.
Glad it wasnt more serious...Do a lot of Adults wear cages?
Yes. They're usually the guys carrying their sticks really high....
When I played I rarely lifted my stick higher than my waist. There is just no point. It drives me crazu seeing NHL players trying to knock the puck out of the air with a highstick. Really...what's the point?