Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Yeah, most of the ice is around Cawthra and QEW. Right off the highway tho..
I played a lot of minor hockey at Cawthra, Clarkson, Centennial Arena in Etobicoke, the Lakeshore, etc...

Order placed. I could be skating by mid next week. It's UPS 2 day that's shipped out today. I'm not sure if UPS will pick up the order today, tomorrow, or Monday but I could be skating by the end of next week. Now let the embarrassment begin.

Sitting in the store having my skates heat molded. Just bought some bauer x22. Guys in tor. Scarborough sport Chek closing sale 40-60% off skates.I'm thinking I'll get these for now and then consider even better ones next yr if I keep playing reg. These onl 110.

Sitting in the store having my skates heat molded. Just bought some bauer x22. Guys in tor. Scarborough sport Chek closing sale 40-60% off skates.I'm thinking I'll get these for now and then consider even better ones next yr if I keep playing reg. These onl 110.
Thanks I will check this out tomorrow.

So after losing every game so far, we won 7-3 today and Adrian scored two goals..The kids had a great time and are playing so much better. The key at this age is skating. A lot of the kids including Adrian are much better at skating then they were 3 months ago..While its all about having fun, its fun to win once in a while too.Two great goals by Adrian, one a down the wing shot to beat the goalie, the other a breakaway where he actually deked the goalie..Good times.

I'd imagine skating isn't just key for Adrian's age but also at my skill level.The first part of my shipment last night left at 7:56pm from Ontario....California that is. It's due to arrive by the end of the day Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday there are stick and puck sessions so I'm going to shoot to attend one of both. Hopefully I can get my skates sharpened at the rink as I understand they're not sharpened out of the box.

I'd imagine skating isn't just key for Adrian's age but also at my skill level.The first part of my shipment last night left at 7:56pm from Ontario....California that is. It's due to arrive by the end of the day Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday there are stick and puck sessions so I'm going to shoot to attend one of both. Hopefully I can get my skates sharpened at the rink as I understand they're not sharpened out of the box.
Please keep us up to date in your journey as I am also beginning a similar one..
Lol, I could have picked it up and sent it to you. I live 5 minutes from Ontario haha.
Please keep us up to date in your journey as I am also beginning a similar one..
Will do. Hopefully my skates fit. I wide to a shoe store and measured. I'm a size 10.5 but with a wider foot. I ordered size 9EE skates. Bauer Supreme's are supposed to considered wider to begin with so hopefully I'll be ok. They do have free return shipping though. I watched these videos to help me decide...
- How to Properly Fit Your Skates
- How to Select an Ice Hockey Skate
- Bauer Supreme ONE40 Ice Hockey Skate
Lol, I could have picked it up and sent it to you. I live 5 minutes from Ontario haha.
Haha, I don't think you'd want to match the free 2 day shipping I got. It originated in San Luis Obispo anyway.

My neighbour who is around 50 and has been around hockey forever and has put 2 kids through minor hockey(one of his sons played very high level) recommends I should be spending about $300 on a pair of skates..He said"you dont need to get really expensive ones" WTF..$300 is a lot for skates NO?He said once you become good you can spend $600 on really good skates..

My neighbour who is around 50 and has been around hockey forever and has put 2 kids through minor hockey(one of his sons played very high level) recommends I should be spending about $300 on a pair of skates..He said"you dont need to get really expensive ones" WTF..$300 is a lot for skates NO?He said once you become good you can spend $600 on really good skates..
If you shop around you can grab Bauer 150's or something equivalent for 200 or less..... that's all the skate you need right now serge... fit and comfort come first, then buy the best pair you can afford. But you dont need to get into super high end..