Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Here's what I'd buy off the bat...Bauer Vapor X15 Ice Hockey Skates Sr 10 - $89.95Bauer 1500 Hockey Helmets w/Cage - $42.95Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Shin Guards Sr 10 - $26.99Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Elbow Pads Sr 10 - $22.99Bauer Hard Ice Skate Blade Guards Black - $7.99IW Hockey Helmet / Shield Bag Black - $6.99I don't really have any reason to pick Bauer stuff but that's what I did.If it's serious enough I'll get some shoulder pads and hockey pants, jock, and some better sticks.
I decided on the Bauer Supreme ONE40 Ice Hockey Skates Sr 10 - $124.95.Obviously a bit more expensive than I originally intended to pay but from what read it leaves me a little more room to grow with them as a learn the game.Any other thoughts? I'm trying to muster up the courage to pull the trigger here.
I decided on the Bauer Supreme ONE40 Ice Hockey Skates Sr 10 - $124.95.Obviously a bit more expensive than I originally intended to pay but from what read it leaves me a little more room to grow with them as a learn the game.Any other thoughts? I'm trying to muster up the courage to pull the trigger here.
If you are starting out, they should be fine.BTW, I am still using those white Nike Fedorov skates (20 years old).
I think that's an excellent choice...

I used to wear Lange's forever. Remember those hard black plastic skates that weigh a tonne? I loved them though. Anyway, I now own Reebok 5K with the pump. I really like them, but there's something a little bothersome about them. Is it possible to get a flatter blade put on them?

I used to wear Lange's forever. Remember those hard black plastic skates that weigh a tonne? I loved them though. Anyway, I now own Reebok 5K with the pump. I really like them, but there's something a little bothersome about them. Is it possible to get a flatter blade put on them?
Take them to either a pro equipment guy or a really good hockey shop and ask to have them custom rockered. They will cut them to a radius you want, and that will put more of the blade in contact with the ice...
Yes I do remember those Lange skates with the hard black plastic. Never had them.My son wears the Reebok something K with the pump. He keeps asking me what what the pump is for since he does not feel any difference.I imagine that you can exchange the blade. Me personally as an ankle burner would not know the difference in blades.
Take them to either a pro equipment guy or a really good hockey shop and ask to have them custom rockered. They will cut them to a radius you want, and that will put more of the blade in contact with the ice...
Thanks. I will definitely look into this. I just find they rock too much for my liking.
Yes I do remember those Lange skates with the hard black plastic. Never had them.My son wears the Reebok something K with the pump. He keeps asking me what what the pump is for since he does not feel any difference.I imagine that you can exchange the blade. Me personally as an ankle burner would not know the difference in blades.
You should wear high heels around the house whenever you get a chance...it will strengthen your ankles.**I have no idea if this is true, but the thought of Wayne walking around his house wearing high heels is hilarious.
You should wear high heels around the house whenever you get a chance...it will strengthen your ankles.**I have no idea if this is true, but the thought of Wayne walking around his house wearing high heels is hilarious.
You and me on the ice.

Are the skates Dev bought still pretty good for someone who is beyond just starting out, but still not a great skater? Im pretty crappy at things like crossovers and turning on a dime.This thread was the final nail in my 10yr old skates coffin. I want something better.I guess I could do as Chris said, just go try on a bunch of stuff, but if anyone has a recommendation for a good pair, let me know.

This is getting me the hockey bug...I REALLY want to play..Watching Adrian every week has renewed my interest in getting out there .I think I will go buy some skates this weekend.

Are the skates Dev bought still pretty good for someone who is beyond just starting out, but still not a great skater? Im pretty crappy at things like crossovers and turning on a dime.This thread was the final nail in my 10yr old skates coffin. I want something better.I guess I could do as Chris said, just go try on a bunch of stuff, but if anyone has a recommendation for a good pair, let me know.
I like the Reeboks and I love Grafs, but they are very expensive...unless you're Tim Fryer and Graf skates just fall into your lap :)You really need to try some on though because everyone's feet are different.

Serge, have you played in a league?My buddy Sam has started learning skating just this year, and I think in the summer hes gonna try to get a team going in a beginner league, or at least get like 5/6 of us onto another one. Im prob gonna go play with him, cause my current team has just been upgraded to way too high a level. (Im a D/E player, we just got bumped to B, with some serious A teams)Either that or a bunch of us are trying to put together some shinny (Brandon is in this)Let me know if your looking. Same goes for you Wayne if your interested.

I like the Reeboks and I love Grafs, but they are very expensive...unless you're Tim Fryer and Graf skates just fall into your lap :)You really need to try some on though because everyone's feet are different.
Most guys that played either elite level hockey or played their whole lives are in one skate brand permanently. I have always been a bauer guy (except for getting a brief sponsorship from Graf, but I didn't love the 702). Because the widths and footbed angles are different from brand to brand, find what you feel good on, and what feels good on YOU, and go with the most expensive skate you can afford in that line.... we're adults, and unless you're playing 4 or 5 days a week, you wont go through those skates for 10 years...
Serge, have you played in a league?My buddy Sam has started learning skating just this year, and I think in the summer hes gonna try to get a team going in a beginner league, or at least get like 5/6 of us onto another one. Im prob gonna go play with him, cause my current team has just been upgraded to way too high a level. (Im a D/E player, we just got bumped to B, with some serious A teams)Either that or a bunch of us are trying to put together some shinny (Brandon is in this)Let me know if your looking. Same goes for you Wayne if your interested.
I have never played ice hockey....I can barely skate..However i have amazing hockey sense and surprisingly i am a very good ball hockey player...If you are a d/e player I am probably a M player..However I would love to come out with you guys and play. Its a bit embarrasing when my 5 year old can skate circles around me. He is like "I can teach you how to skate daddy".I am definetely interested and if its a summer league, I can practice my skating now and maybe be ready to at least try and play with you guys.If that doesnt work, ill just come cheer you guys on and enjoy the after game beers..:club:
Depending on the day, I would definitely play. I am a D level player. I can skate but have hands of stone.
Depending on the day, I would definitely play. I am a D level player. I can skate but have hands of stone.
Hey, I get emails every week from other head coaches in our league dumping practice ice they aren't using. If you guys can skate on a couple of days notice, we could take some (prob around 150 for the hour), and just have a stick and puck skate. Bring your kids..
Hey, I get emails every week from other head coaches in our league dumping practice ice they aren't using. If you guys can skate on a couple of days notice, we could take some (prob around 150 for the hour), and just have a stick and puck skate. Bring your kids..
Hey Chris that is awesome..I would definetely be in for this...West end?
That would be awesome if I could make it. Im trying to find more opportunities to skate/play.