Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

C'mon...that can't be real, right? It's pretty choppy which leads me to believe someone cobbled it together. Amazing if it's legit.
If it's not real then it's a damn fine job. Check out how Henrik's right arm nudges Daniel's left arm and moves the number 2 slightly.
C'mon...that can't be real, right? It's pretty choppy which leads me to believe someone cobbled it together. Amazing if it's legit.
I'm pretty sure it is real. If pretty sure = pure speculation. I have seen it in a few places, and nobody ever mentioned that it was fake or chopped.
If anyone has NHL Gamecenter, you can access old games, and Vancouver isn't in Pittsburgh very often (I think it's Pit?), so it wouldn't be hard to verify at all.
http://espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=281122016 - Vancouver went up 2-0 on goal by Daniel assisted by Henrik at 6:50 in the second so I would imagine it happened shortly after that. Mike Zigomanis made it 2-1 at 0:22 in the 3rd.

So all I have at this point are gloves, crappy $20ish wooden sticks and some street hockey shin guards.My plan is to attend a few stick and puck sessions to get a feel for the puck and get some more practice skating. If that goes well I'll do some drop in sessions. The next step after that is to sign up for league play. They have what's best compared to the NFL draft combine where they access skills and place you on teams with the goal being to make the teams even. The stick and puck sessions require you to wear a helmet, shin pads, elbow pads, gloves, regular pants and long sleeved shirt.Here's what I think I'm gonna buy. I'm looking for stuff at entry level prices that should allow me learn the game and last awhile. I know basically nothing about this stuff so would be grateful for feedback.Here's what I'd buy off the bat...Bauer Vapor X15 Ice Hockey Skates Sr 10 - $89.95Bauer 1500 Hockey Helmets w/Cage - $42.95Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Shin Guards Sr 10 - $26.99Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Elbow Pads Sr 10 - $22.99I don't really have any reason to pick Bauer stuff but that's what I did.If it's serious enough I'll get some shoulder pads and hockey pants, jock, and some better sticks.

So all I have at this point are gloves, crappy $20ish wooden sticks and some street hockey shin guards.My plan is to attend a few stick and puck sessions to get a feel for the puck and get some more practice skating. If that goes well I'll do some drop in sessions. The next step after that is to sign up for league play. They have what's best compared to the NFL draft combine where they access skills and place you on teams with the goal being to make the teams even. The stick and puck sessions require you to wear a helmet, shin pads, elbow pads, gloves, regular pants and long sleeved shirt.Here's what I think I'm gonna buy. I'm looking for stuff at entry level prices that should allow me learn the game and last awhile. I know basically nothing about this stuff so would be grateful for feedback.Here's what I'd buy off the bat...Bauer Vapor X15 Ice Hockey Skates Sr 10 - $89.95Bauer 1500 Hockey Helmets w/Cage - $42.95Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Shin Guards Sr 10 - $26.99Bauer Vapor X20 Hockey Elbow Pads Sr 10 - $22.99I don't really have any reason to pick Bauer stuff but that's what I did.If it's serious enough I'll get some shoulder pads and hockey pants, jock, and some better sticks.
Looks like a good start. The only suggestion I would make is forget about better sticks- first of all, a wooden stick will teach you feel for the puck a lot better than a composite, and secondly, as a beginner, you wont be able to flex a composite stick in the way that creates the advantage that will improve your shot. Take the money you save there, and invest in better skates. I always tell people spend as much on the skates as you can possibly afford (within reason). A good quality skate will be much more comfortable, and will also help you learn to skate better, with energy transfer from your feet to the ice. So I would skip the X15's, and move up a little. Try ALL the brands: foot angles are different (and so is width) from Bauer to CCM to Reebok to Graf, etc... find the most comfortable, highest performance skate you can afford. It's money well spent....
Try Hockeyoverstock.com for pricing.
Looks like a good start. The only suggestion I would make is forget about better sticks- first of all, a wooden stick will teach you feel for the puck a lot better than a composite, and secondly, as a beginner, you wont be able to flex a composite stick in the way that creates the advantage that will improve your shot. Take the money you save there, and invest in better skates. I always tell people spend as much on the skates as you can possibly afford (within reason). A good quality skate will be much more comfortable, and will also help you learn to skate better, with energy transfer from your feet to the ice. So I would skip the X15's, and move up a little. Try ALL the brands: foot angles are different (and so is width) from Bauer to CCM to Reebok to Graf, etc... find the most comfortable, highest performance skate you can afford. It's money well spent....
Cool thanks. I'll certainly wait on the sticks. I know the ones I have aren't even good for being wooden but until I get to the point where a composite would make a difference (if I ever get to the point) I don't think I'll waste the money on it. My main issue is that there's no stores anywhere near me that I can buy hockey stuff. Pretty sad but true. Thankfully it seems that most hockey sites have no restocking fees. I do have a wider foot so I went with Bauer after I noticed they had EE widths. I ended up on IceWarehouse.com after stumbling upon the videos they have for each item. They also will price match so I feel pretty good about getting the lowest price there.

I need FCP's help..Since you guys are awesome with suggestions in the other thread.This weekend is picture day for Adrian's hockey team. We are getting hockey cards and there is a spot where you can pick a nick name.For soccer i chose Armenian Assassin...It didnt go over too well with some members of my family..Any suggestions.

I need FCP's help..Since you guys are awesome with suggestions in the other thread.This weekend is picture day for Adrian's hockey team. We are getting hockey cards and there is a spot where you can pick a nick name.For soccer i chose Armenian Assassin...It didnt go over too well with some members of my family..Any suggestions.
oh Serge. Im laughing cause your funnny, but Im also shaking my head. :)Something with Vaive! Vaive the 3rd?
oh Serge. Im laughing cause your funnny, but Im also shaking my head. :)Something with Vaive! Vaive the 3rd?
I like to incorporate Armenian..thats why I put Assassin..Apparently it was offensive to some people.