Recreation Hockey League

So we just got back from hockey...Adrian scored his second goal and it was one of the weirdest goals you will see..He had a breakaway from centre ice on, 10 feet from the goalie he slips and does a 360 fall..The puck goes towards the net and the dman puts it in..They gave him credit..It was pretty hilarious..This was the first week they started calling offsides, the kids were pretty good not too many whistles..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

We have a huge pond about 5 minutes from our house..There is maybe 7 or 8 makeshift hockey rinks and kids are playing..We are going to go later today..My wife is old school and is scared that its dangerous..Someone tell her that its Canadian tradition and nothing will happen...

We have a huge pond about 5 minutes from our house..There is maybe 7 or 8 makeshift hockey rinks and kids are playing..We are going to go later today..My wife is old school and is scared that its dangerous..Someone tell her that its Canadian tradition and nothing will happen...
Personally I don't think we have had the cold to build a proper base for the ice on a big pond yet.
Personally I don't think we have had the cold to build a proper base for the ice on a big pond yet.
they have been playing on their since early december..its a pretty shallow pond, but its pretty huge...I guess you have to be careful, but its been very cold the last little while.
http://www.phaadmin.com/index.php?p=games&...s&ID=305551Here is the "boxscore" from the last game. Its not done that well but its there..Adrian scores unassisted..Second goal of the yearbtw the team that we played OWEN WILLIAMS..the kid was a monster..Like he looked like he was 9 or 10..He wasnt a very good finisher, as he kept missing the net..Still scored 4 goals..So sick.

At the league my son plays in there is not enough goalies to go around. So we lost our goalie to another team.Tonight we play and we need a goalie.Going in net tonight, my son who has never played goalie (ice hockey) in his 13 years.

At the league my son plays in there is not enough goalies to go around. So we lost our goalie to another team.Tonight we play and we need a goalie.Going in net tonight, my son who has never played goalie (ice hockey) in his 13 years.
He is a big kid, he will do well...

So my son was brutal at the start of the game. He let in the 1st four shots. Then the killer was a shot from their own net and yes boom it went in.After that he let only 1 goal in the 2nd period and the 3rd period 1 goal as well. The last goal was pure hollywood as the kid came out of the box and had a breakway. He went between his legs and put it in.We lost 7-5 and my son got better as the game progressed.

So my son was brutal at the start of the game. He let in the 1st four shots. Then the killer was a shot from their own net and yes boom it went in.After that he let only 1 goal in the 2nd period and the 3rd period 1 goal as well. The last goal was pure hollywood as the kid came out of the box and had a breakway. He went between his legs and put it in.We lost 7-5 and my son got better as the game progressed.
:club:

I skated for the first time in a few years. Just a public skating session but I got some confidence now. Next step is to buy my own skates (the rentals were brutal) and attend a stick and puck session. After that maybe a drop in session. (just an unorganized game with shift changes every 2 minutes) If I survive maybe I'll try out a recreational league.

Another good game for Adrian..He got another goal, but we lost again...This time very close 3-2..It was actually our best game yet...We outplayed the opposition..After the game the refs came over to our bench and said #9(our best skater) gave a nasty slash at the end of the game...Told us to warn him that they will call it next time..(no penalties yet in the league, we just started offsides)I think i asked this before and you guys answered .We hadnt sharpened his skates yet for the whole year....Bad move i think on our part..Anyways I noticed him falling a lot more in practice , so we got his skates sharpened after the game...The guy said he should have them sharpened at least once a month..OOOPS...And i think its time for a new mouthguard, he chewed the original up pretty good...He pays attention to detail when the Leafs play and notices the guys dangling their mouthguards(mostly Versteeg), he wanted to try it too..I told him NO..

Another good game for Adrian..He got another goal, but we lost again...This time very close 3-2..It was actually our best game yet...We outplayed the opposition..After the game the refs came over to our bench and said #9(our best skater) gave a nasty slash at the end of the game...Told us to warn him that they will call it next time..(no penalties yet in the league, we just started offsides)I think i asked this before and you guys answered .We hadnt sharpened his skates yet for the whole year....Bad move i think on our part..Anyways I noticed him falling a lot more in practice , so we got his skates sharpened after the game...The guy said he should have them sharpened at least once a month..OOOPS...And i think its time for a new mouthguard, he chewed the original up pretty good...He pays attention to detail when the Leafs play and notices the guys dangling their mouthguards(mostly Versteeg), he wanted to try it too..I told him NO..
Heh, tell him to watch how often those guys end up having to scoop the mouthguards off the ice. Ask him if he likes to chew on things that have fallen on the ground!Getting skates sharpened more often is a great move. I remember not really noticing until they got bad, but the first few games after getting them done I always felt like I was flying.

You guys make me want to learn how to play. Never got a chance to play with the other kids as i grew up. I somewhat know how to skate, but apparantely i look like this when i do.

You guys make me want to learn how to play. Never got a chance to play with the other kids as i grew up. I somewhat know how to skate, but apparantely i look like this when i do.
just have some kids and watch them play..its almost as fun.

Awesome game! We beat the 1st place team. On my first shift in like 2 months, I took a pass at the blue line after the d-man pinched to keep it in, dangled past a d-man who was standing still, then whipped a backhand pass over to Biatch who had a tap in.We won 6-3, but it was a close enough game. They opened the scoring, then we got 4 goals before the end of the 1st hand, they cut it to 4-3, but then Biatch iced it with a breakaway goal, and we added another one after.I was a little rusty, despite my awesome first shift, and the conditioning was meh. Had a few glorious scoring chances, and chose to do some stupid fancy shit instead of shooting, and basically took away my own scoring chances. Oh well, next game!

I asked the following question to Biatch:On a scale of Brett Lebda to Alex Ovechkin rate yourself as a hockey player and also Zach.Not sure he understood the question:His response was that he was Pavel Bure, and no response on Zach..Bure isnt in the NHL anymore.

Bure's not an awful comparison for Dan, except he misses too many breakaways. Bure never missed one ever. They both get like a million each game though backcheck so seldom that they need to be introduced to our goalie after every game.

Very ironic and funny stat from my sons hockey team.The twins on our team have identical scoring stats. Both have one goal and one assist for 2 pts.This is interesting even more as assists are hard to come by in the league..So the Sedins arent the only ones.