Toronto Raptors Fanclub

Really fun game tonight against OKC even if they didn't have Durant.Calderon had a really good game 15 assists, only 1 turnover and 2 steals. Believe it or not he actually played good defense on Westbrook. I was joking with my friend who I went to the game with that we should play a drinking game where every time Westbrook blew by Jose we would have to take a drink. Well we wouldn't have even got much of a buzz on since Calderon and Bayless did a really good job on Westbrook who had 5 turnovers tonight.Not having Reggie on the floor makes their offense so much better since the other team has to respect everybody on the floor and it opens up room while when Reggie is out there it's 4 on 5 and they can take the space away from the Raptors. Without Reggie on the floor dominating the boards Barney had 12 rebounds, Amir 9 and the Raptors outrebounded OKC 42 -34.Barbosa is really a unique player. 22 points and no assists. Love how he drives to the rim but he needs to stop trying for steals and cheating on defense and just keep his man in front of him.Fun game.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors · 18m Game 5 of #Raptors - Nets was highest-ever TV audience for NBA game in CAN! Averaged 968,000 viewers/ min & over 4 million fans watched #RTZ

Barbosa is really a unique player
To say the least. So glad he's out of Phoenix and only gets to kill the Lakers twice a year.Exciting game tonight against the Knicks, although their defense looked like January 22, 2006.Am I way off, or could Bargnani's ceiling be Dirk?
To say the least. So glad he's out of Phoenix and only gets to kill the Lakers twice a year.Exciting game tonight against the Knicks, although their defense looked like January 22, 2006.Am I way off, or could Bargnani's ceiling be Dirk?
Dirk is a very very high ceiling but you're not nuts to think it for Barney although doubtful he reaches it. I guess 41 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a game gets you thinking in that direction.On the positive he already shoots as well as Dirk does and he's really added an inside and midrange game this year. When both he and Bosh were on the floor he mostly was hanging around outside. Now he's posting guys up and setting up on the elbow and is a really tough cover. He's a legit 7 footer who is quick and can handle the ball. If you give him space he can kill you with the jump shot but if a big guy gets too tight on him he has a quick first step and can drive by them.He's starting to understand what he can do and to demand the ball more. If he doesn't reach his full potential it isn't going to be because of skills but rather if he gets complacent and doesn't stay aggressive.On the downside he's never going to be a good rebounder and his help defense is bad. I guess that's Dirk like. His one on one defense against other big guys is pretty good though. He's quick and tall and can keep other bigs in front of him.His growth this year as the Raptor's main offensive weapon has been interesting so far and I hope it gets even more so.
On the positive he already shoots as well as Dirk does.
Really? I think the last Raptor game I've watched was whenever the last time they were in the playoffs, so I can't even envision what this guy's game is like. But...nobody surprises me more when they miss a shot than Dirk. I understand the criticisms of Dirk, but I still love watching him shoot the ball. How nice must it be to just be able to take normal jump shots and not have to worry about someone blocking your shot even when they're right there?
Really? I think the last Raptor game I've watched was whenever the last time they were in the playoffs, so I can't even envision what this guy's game is like. But...nobody surprises me more when they miss a shot than Dirk. I understand the criticisms of Dirk, but I still love watching him shoot the ball. How nice must it be to just be able to take normal jump shots and not have to worry about someone blocking your shot even when they're right there?
I think Barney's range is as good as Dirk's and maybe better. You're right though, he doesn't have that Dirk rainbow fade away with a hand in his face that is unstoppable.
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty unexpected win against Dallas.No Barney, Calderon, Reggie (this is actually a positive), Peja (never really had him) or Weems and Barbosa and Amir Johnson would possibly be sitting out if others weren't hurt and it was a back to back.Dallas was also on a back to back and didn't have Dirk but still an impressive road win holding Dallas to only 76 points.Ed Davis really played great. 17 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks with zero turn overs. The rook looks like he has a chance to be a pretty good player.One observation, Barbosa's defense is borderline horrible. He just lets guys blow by him and he tries to make the steal from the back. Just keep in front of your freaking man for once please.

Pretty unexpected win against Dallas.No Barney, Calderon, Reggie (this is actually a positive), Peja (never really had him) or Weems and Barbosa and Amir Johnson would possibly be sitting out if others weren't hurt and it was a back to back.Dallas was also on a back to back and didn't have Dirk but still an impressive road win holding Dallas to only 76 points.Ed Davis really played great. 17 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks with zero turn overs. The rook looks like he has a chance to be a pretty good player.One observation, Barbosa's defense is borderline horrible. He just lets guys blow by him and he tries to make the steal from the back. Just keep in front of your freaking man for once please.
Yeah, definitely a great win. As for Barbosa, well I guess that was a given when we signed him. It's not like you can expect a guy to play D when he's never played in a system that has D in the vocabulary. He fits right in on the Raps though in that regard.
  • 1 month later...

I'll be at the Raptors - Heat game tonight. There'll be a ton of booing of Bosh since that's what Raptor fans do. I won't boo him since I don't blame him for going to Miami and I save my booing for the refs.

I'll be at the Raptors - Heat game tonight. There'll be a ton of booing of Bosh since that's what Raptor fans do. I won't boo him since I don't blame him for going to Miami and I save my booing for the refs.
Nice, have fun. I hope they boo.....Heat seem to play better when the other crowd boos.I hope Bosh has a big game....what the Raps GM said about him this summer was way over the line imo.
Nice, have fun. I hope they boo.....Heat seem to play better when the other crowd boos.I hope Bosh has a big game....what the Raps GM said about him this summer was way over the line imo.
It might not have been the smartest thing for him to say but it was accurate.Edit: will be interesting to see how Bosh plays. Every time the Raptors had a big game he would play poorly.
It might not have been the smartest thing for him to say but it was accurate.
I disagree 100%. Once Bosh was out the door, all of a sudden there is an accusation that Bosh milked an injury? Sour grapes x1000.If there was no reason to voice concern while he was a Raptor.....
I disagree 100%. Once Bosh was out the door, all of a sudden there is an accusation that Bosh milked an injury? Sour grapes x1000.If there was no reason to voice concern while he was a Raptor.....
There were a ton of stories that came out during the time that Bosh was hurt questioning how hurt he was and why he wasn't playing. Also the fact that his play dropped off significantly after the All Star break was pointed out at the time and the most talked about reason was a change in his attitude coming back after the break.You really expect the GM to come out in public and say that he thinks a player on his team is dogging it ? That's just silly.Like I said I don't think it was wise for Colangelo to say what he did but what he said about Bosh was being said by a lot of people long before Colangelo said it.

Well, Bargnani outplayed Bosh (though Bosh played decently). Probably not a very satisfying win for Bosh but I'll take it.Colangelo should have more class than that, Bob, it's that simple.

Well, Bargnani outplayed Bosh (though Bosh played decently). Probably not a very satisfying win for Bosh but I'll take it.Colangelo should have more class than that, Bob, it's that simple.
You're way too sensitive about remarks that a GM made.Bosh had a good game tonight. Barney was good on offense and his usual horrible self on defense. His rebounding gets worse and worse.I came up with a new name for DeRozan last week. He's now Emar Erozan since he doesn't know the letter D. He's one of the worst perimeter defenders out there and I don't think it's fixable. I think there is some sort of disconnect in how his brain and muscles work together and he just doesn't react quick enough and I don't think he ever will.
You're way too sensitive about remarks that a GM made.Bosh had a good game tonight. Barney was good on offense and his usual horrible self on defense. His rebounding gets worse and worse.I came up with a new name for DeRozan last week. He's now Emar Erozan since he doesn't know the letter D. He's one of the worst perimeter defenders out there and I don't think it's fixable. I think there is some sort of disconnect in how his brain and muscles work together and he just doesn't react quick enough and I don't think he ever will.
I just don't understand the hate for Bosh I guess.I think Bargnani had 31/1/0 at some point tonight. Such an amazing stat line. Erozan should be a good defensive player. It's weird.
I just don't understand the hate for Bosh I guess.I think Bargnani had 31/1/0 at some point tonight. Such an amazing stat line. Erozan should be a good defensive player. It's weird.
The hate for Bosh comes from 2 places for Colangelo I think.1. Bosh stopped giving it his all after the All Star break last year and that included when he was healthy, there is really no doubt or debate about that. Reports from inside the team are that he came back a different player with a different attitude and keep in mind at the All Star break last year I think the Raptors were 5th or 6th in the East and there was talk about home court in the playoffs being possible.2. Bosh wasn't honest with the team's management. The stories are that all along he talked about trying to work with the team to get a max deal for himself and the best sign and trade that made sense for the team. Well it appears that he was never honest with the Raptors about his intentions and Colangelo probably feels a bit betrayed by that when you combine the fact that he didn't give 100% to the team after the All Star Break last year.Other than the average fan being disappointed in his leaving like all fans are when one of their favs leave he pissed a lot of people off with some of his comments and general attention whoring since he left. To me those don't matter, I don't blame him for going to Miami it was the right decision for him and the stupid things he's said don't bother me.What bothers me is the fact that he stopped giving his all last season and I pay good money to watch them play and be entertained and he basically stopped caring about the team at the All Star break.As for Emar I really think there's a disconnect between the information going from his brain to move his feet and stay in front of his man and that's something that hard work and experience I don't think can be fixed.
Simmons on DeRozan: "It's also unclear whether he knows he can pass to his teammates -- that rule may not have been explained to him yet."
Emar doesn't have the greatest court vision but in fairness to him he's been told to be a finisher and be aggressive at driving and taking his own shots. He isn't a ball hog black hole.The closest player to him I could find was Wesley Mathews on Portland based on position and court time and they both are averaging about 2 assists per game.
  • 9 months later...

Raptors Roster2011-12 Roster Solomon Alabi Leandro Barbosa Andrea Bargnani Jerryd Bayless Rasual Butler Jose Calderon Anthony Carter Ed Davis F DeMar DeRozan Amir Johnson James Johnson Linas Kleiza Jamaal Magloire Jonas Valanciunas Is it just me or is this the most random roster ever. It almost seems like an expansion team where we just plucked a bunch of players off different teams that were left unprotected. Everyone is okay just nobody is great.

Raptors Roster2011-12 Roster Solomon Alabi Leandro Barbosa Andrea Bargnani Jerryd Bayless Rasual Butler Jose Calderon Anthony Carter Ed Davis F DeMar DeRozan Amir Johnson James Johnson Linas Kleiza Jamaal Magloire Jonas Valanciunas Is it just me or is this the most random roster ever. It almost seems like an expansion team where we just plucked a bunch of players off different teams that were left unprotected. Everyone is okay just nobody is great.
I think DeRozan could head towards the Eric Gordon level this year. If Ed Davis gets stronger (and he bulked up) then Barg's shortcomings may not be as apparent.But ya, after that we're really just talkin about a bunch of bench players. I'm actually ok with this. If the Big 3 youngsters improve but the team still sucks -- they WILL suck -- then they get a sweet draft pick in 2012 (great class!). Add Jonas Valanciunas and maybe the Raps are on their way to building a la Atlanta Hawks. Realistically...this is the best result for Toronto.
  • 4 weeks later...
Its a great draft coming up so I hope we get a top 3 pick. Problem is lots of other teams in the league suck as well.
ya, but the Raps are headed towards some serious sucking. I mean, Philly isn't even on the Suck List anymore and the T-Wolves actually have talent.I want to say that the Wizards are the only team that the Raps are clearly better than but they just lost to them.Pretty safe to say Toronto will be Bottom 5 and good chance to score a sweet pick. Come on ping pong balls!

...oh, and speaking of suckage. can somebody please explain why DeRozan has suddenly slipped off the face of the earth?it's like he knew I traded for him in my fantasy team and proceeded to suck monster arse. I'm not in the Tdot so wondering if the locals know about problems with team, injury, etc. that can explain the sudden dropoff after that sick 3pt barrage game

...oh, and speaking of suckage. can somebody please explain why DeRozan has suddenly slipped off the face of the earth?it's like he knew I traded for him in my fantasy team and proceeded to suck monster arse. I'm not in the Tdot so wondering if the locals know about problems with team, injury, etc. that can explain the sudden dropoff after that sick 3pt barrage game
I think he just isn't that good of a player and the Raptors don't have very many offensive weapons so when the opposition gives him a bit of extra defensive attention he struggles. That combined with a lot of fatigue from the schedule and the fact that the Coach has him using a lot of energy on defense means his shot isn't falling.