Pokerstoving @ The Mgm Grand

OUt of the many incidents that happened during my trip, I think this one still is the hardest to believe.Its 6 am @ a 2-5 nlhe table at MGM grand. As for the hand details, i forgot the exact preflop action but I remember that it was heads up on the flop w/ about 70 in the pot.V 1 - about 350 v 2 coversFlop - Jc 9c 6hv1 cbets 60, v2 min raises, v1 shovesSo the v2 tanks for over a minute before pulling out his iphone. THe hand should have been dead at this point, but no one bothered to speak up, including the dealer. After 30 seconds of him on his iphone, it occured to me what he was doing..."Are you actually poker-stoving this hand?", i ask. To which he nods then promptly calls off with the nut flush draw.Obviously i was stunned that the hand wasn't dead and that no one, including the dealer seemed to have an objection. His friend tried to defend him, but I pointed out that he has an unfair advantage being able to get his estimated equity on the spot when no one else can. How is this defendable?It is shocking on so many levels - 1. v2 CiB then actually didn't know what the right play was once the v1 shoved. As played this should be a snap call, and you'd have to be a tard not to know it.2. The hand wAsn't declared dead as soon as he pulled out his cell phone.3. V1 didn't request the floor himself after v2 called, complained and forced the poker stoving villain to surrender the pot.4. Only after i explained fully what the villain had just done, no one seemed to notice or care... including the dealer. I think a player next to me agreed that it was wrong but no one called the floor. I didn't call the floor as I wasn't involved in the hand, also v2 was an obv horrible player sitting on over 3bi and I had position on him. Possibly why no one else really made an issue out of it?

Holy Crap! That's rediculous! I would have instantly called for a supervisor. Also, how the hell can the dealer not say anything if you're not allowed to be on your phone during a hand? That's terrible.

wow... If I was involved in the hand I would have gone nuts. v1 just sat there and did nothing?
v1 seemed totally indifferent. as a result he won the pot with AA, fading the flush. But still he probably could have thrown a shit-fit to the floor and forced v2 to basically surrender the hand.i think only 3-4 players(myself included) knew what PS is, 2 of which being v2 and his friend. thats part of the problem. IMO the dealer should be disciplined for not getting the floor involved.

after the pot is pushed: "FLOOR TABLE XX!" Then I'd ask him what range he used for V2 and then ask what the very bottom hand in the range would be to make a call break even. Hopefully this would allow me to make some shit up that sounds plausible but is completely false and he would question the effectiveness of using stove in real time.Of course I never would have been seated at this table since MGM's tables tilted the crap out of me when I played there a couple years ago.

after the pot is pushed: "FLOOR TABLE XX!" Then I'd ask him what range he used for V2 and then ask what the very bottom hand in the range would be to make a call break even. Hopefully this would allow me to make some shit up that sounds plausible but is completely false and he would question the effectiveness of using stove in real time.Of course I never would have been seated at this table since MGM's tables tilted the crap out of me when I played there a couple years ago.
Lol i did ask about the range he used..." AA & KK" Apparently v1 never shows up w/ QQ, JJ, QJ+ etc i did make a big deal, but again since I wasnt involved & v1 won the pot, i eventually dropped it.
Of course I never would have been seated at this table since MGM's tables tilted the crap out of me when I played there a couple years ago.
This pretty much sums it up for me also.MGM's poker room staff is the nut low.
OUt of the many incidents that happened during my trip, I think this one still is the hardest to believe.Its 6 am @ a 2-5 nlhe table at MGM grand. As for the hand details, i forgot the exact preflop action but I remember that it was heads up on the flop w/ about 70 in the pot.V 1 - about 350 v 2 coversFlop - Jc 9c 6hv1 cbets 60, v2 min raises, v1 shovesSo the v2 tanks for over a minute before pulling out his iphone. THe hand should have been dead at this point, but no one bothered to speak up, including the dealer. After 30 seconds of him on his iphone, it occured to me what he was doing..."Are you actually poker-stoving this hand?", i ask. To which he nods then promptly calls off with the nut flush draw.Obviously i was stunned that the hand wasn't dead and that no one, including the dealer seemed to have an objection. His friend tried to defend him, but I pointed out that he has an unfair advantage being able to get his estimated equity on the spot when no one else can. How is this defendable?It is shocking on so many levels - 1. v2 CiB then actually didn't know what the right play was once the v1 shoved. As played this should be a snap call, and you'd have to be a tard not to know it.2. The hand wAsn't declared dead as soon as he pulled out his cell phone.3. V1 didn't request the floor himself after v2 called, complained and forced the poker stoving villain to surrender the pot.4. Only after i explained fully what the villain had just done, no one seemed to notice or care... including the dealer. I think a player next to me agreed that it was wrong but no one called the floor. I didn't call the floor as I wasn't involved in the hand, also v2 was an obv horrible player sitting on over 3bi and I had position on him. Possibly why no one else really made an issue out of it?
Since this isn't a tournament situation is completely depends on the room. If MGM doesn't have a policy against players being in a hand and on the phone then there is no issue. Binion's allows players to use their phones during a hand so this situation would be fine in a cash game.

i wouldn't have said a word. no player who knows how to use pokerstove correctly is going to do this. in fact he sounds like somebody you want at your table.now if i'm v1 i don't say a word unless he hits the flush, then i go completely crazy. as a second thought though if v2 seems close to the breaking point and has a lot of money making a big deal out of it could be a good idea.