Going To Join This Community

Hey there, Roughly a week ago I was gifted a $15 card to any Borders book store as a thank you for my work in the campus writing center. I had absolutely no idea what kind of book I would buy, seeing that I really didn't much. After walking around the shop for a few minutes, a small shelf entitled "gambling" caught my attention. Now I once played online poker before during the boom when I was, well.. not old enough to play by a long shot. It didn't last long, but it was enough of a memory to make me interested in this book section. There I found Daniel's Power Hold'em Strategy, and I kicked in the extra $20 to get it. My birthday came around a couple weeks before this, and I had some money to boot around once more online. I dropped $100 and began playing over the past few days. At the moment I am up a little bit, but I'm slowing down and playing small-staked SnGs until I develop my poker identity. Well, the past few hours have brought me an experience that encourage me to want to learn and perform better. I entered a qualifier to a $100,000 MTT with about 40-50 other players. I started off poorly, but essentially told myself that I wouldn't tilt and that I would reach the final table. I began to play well, making proper bets, exploiting good position, and taking feverish notes on the other players. The latter paid off, and I ran myself up to a top 5 stack - where I remained for the entirety of the tournament. I felt great going into the final 5-6 players. I knew who was good, I knew who was bad. I had a feel for the way they played and made a general strategy for how to confront them. I kept grinding, being fearless at times and folding when I was surely beat. Soon enough, I was in heads-up with the chip leader... and I was less than a third his size. I really,really wanted to be able to narrate about how I made an inspiring comeback for my first MTT win (and for a ticket worth 150% of my bankroll). I played this guy for 30 minutes, and it seemed like forever. Every pot I won, every time I clawed my way to near half his stack, I thought about what winning would be like. Then a string of trash cards came my way, and I had no idea what to do. I froze up. I fell to 1:5 underdog, and was thereafter knocked out. The other guy told me that I played a excellent tournament, but I'm not so sure if he's just elated for winning. He claimed to be a vet with over $100k winnings on a different site, and he just wanted to try this one out. Well, good timing.. Obviously being so close to the top prize when you were never as close before made me hopeful. I was proud. Then I came into an underdog situation, and couldn't pull through. For some reason, it really bugs me. On the positive side, I felt like I played rather well for my lack of experience. I only read the pre-flop strategy of Daniel's "small-ball", but I felt that I applied it well. I played well enough to earn myself a ticket to another table, and I could still land myself in the big one. I have to beat out another table of players though; it seems like a massive obstacle. Getting so far and being so close has motivated me to want to do more. I want to expect a consistent chance at playing this deep every time I play. So that's why I signed up here. Daniel's print on pre-flops most likely stopped me from an early exited, terribly played tournament. It kinda makes sense to join the guy's site (He's funny, yet deeply talented) where I could talk to countless other players. Heck, maybe some of you could offer me some encouragement or advice. Maybe I could learn something and do the same for others; who knows what one moment could do for somebody. Now I'm only hoping that this post isn't terribly out of place...

Hey there, Roughly a week ago I was gifted a $15 card to any Borders book store as a thank you for my work in the campus writing center. I had absolutely no idea what kind of book I would buy, seeing that I really didn't much. After walking around the shop for a few minutes, a small shelf entitled "gambling" caught my attention. Now I once played online poker before during the boom when I was, well.. not old enough to play by a long shot. It didn't last long, but it was enough of a memory to make me interested in this book section. There I found Daniel's Power Hold'em Strategy, and I kicked in the extra $20 to get it. My birthday came around a couple weeks before this, and I had some money to boot around once more online. I dropped $100 and began playing over the past few days. At the moment I am up a little bit, but I'm slowing down and playing small-staked SnGs until I develop my poker identity. Well, the past few hours have brought me an experience that encourage me to want to learn and perform better. I entered a qualifier to a $100,000 MTT with about 40-50 other players. I started off poorly, but essentially told myself that I wouldn't tilt and that I would reach the final table. I began to play well, making proper bets, exploiting good position, and taking feverish notes on the other players. The latter paid off, and I ran myself up to a top 5 stack - where I remained for the entirety of the tournament. I felt great going into the final 5-6 players. I knew who was good, I knew who was bad. I had a feel for the way they played and made a general strategy for how to confront them. I kept grinding, being fearless at times and folding when I was surely beat. Soon enough, I was in heads-up with the chip leader... and I was less than a third his size. I really,really wanted to be able to narrate about how I made an inspiring comeback for my first MTT win (and for a ticket worth 150% of my bankroll). I played this guy for 30 minutes, and it seemed like forever. Every pot I won, every time I clawed my way to near half his stack, I thought about what winning would be like. Then a string of trash cards came my way, and I had no idea what to do. I froze up. I fell to 1:5 underdog, and was thereafter knocked out. The other guy told me that I played a excellent tournament, but I'm not so sure if he's just elated for winning. He claimed to be a vet with over $100k winnings on a different site, and he just wanted to try this one out. Well, good timing.. Obviously being so close to the top prize when you were never as close before made me hopeful. I was proud. Then I came into an underdog situation, and couldn't pull through. For some reason, it really bugs me. On the positive side, I felt like I played rather well for my lack of experience. I only read the pre-flop strategy of Daniel's "small-ball", but I felt that I applied it well. I played well enough to earn myself a ticket to another table, and I could still land myself in the big one. I have to beat out another table of players though; it seems like a massive obstacle. Getting so far and being so close has motivated me to want to do more. I want to expect a consistent chance at playing this deep every time I play. So that's why I signed up here. Daniel's print on pre-flops most likely stopped me from an early exited, terribly played tournament. It kinda makes sense to join the guy's site (He's funny, yet deeply talented) where I could talk to countless other players. Heck, maybe some of you could offer me some encouragement or advice. Maybe I could learn something and do the same for others; who knows what one moment could do for somebody. Now I'm only hoping that this post isn't terribly out of place...
Wow I have like 9000 posts and all together they add up to the number of words in your first post.Welcome hope you stick around. You have to have a thick skin to play poker and to be a member here so dont let any hate chase you off.
Wow I have like 9000 posts and all together they add up to the number of words in your first post.Welcome hope you stick around. You have to have a thick skin to play poker and to be a member here so dont let any hate chase you off.
I was reading around and noticed right away that everybody likes to get to the point. I'll uh.. do that more often.

WALL OF TEXThi im the trollthe first thing you should do as a member is to get kobe2odom8 on AIM and send him all of your bad beatsalso, congrats, you're already more respected than Arsenic!im gonna try not to troll you too bad thowelcome! join the Stars competition :club:

I ran into a similar situation yesterday. Except I was the Chip Leader HU. And I lost. Oh, how I want to win something, but I am oh so bad with my emotions.Anyways, Welcome!

WALL OF TEXThi im the trollthe first thing you should do as a member is to get kobe2odom8 on AIM and send him all of your bad beatsalso, congrats, you're already more respected than Arsenic!im gonna try not to troll you too bad thowelcome! join the Stars competition :club:
I don't know who you are, but somebody said that you're good. Maybe they're mocking you, maybe not. I respect the Space Ghost though. I'm also not sure what the hell you're talking about or whether I should I follow that advice. Lol
I ran into a similar situation yesterday. Except I was the Chip Leader HU. And I lost. Oh, how I want to win something, but I am oh so bad with my emotions.Anyways, Welcome!
That has to be far worse, but you've probably won more than me. Let's see.. are you up more than $10? :club:
That has to be far worse, but you've probably won more than me. Let's see.. are you up more than $10? :club:
I was. But even then, placing second in the sat was my biggest win. In 3 years. >.> I'm taking another week off, then seeing if I can't learn proper BR Management and Emotion Control without panic attacks. I'm a crazy person, but when I'm sane I'm p. good.Stealth Complaint obv.
I was. But even then, placing second in the sat was my biggest win. In 3 years. >.> I'm taking another week off, then seeing if I can't learn proper BR Management and Emotion Control without panic attacks. I'm a crazy person, but when I'm sane I'm p. good.Stealth Complaint obv.
Hmmm, BR as in bankroll? Mine isn't too great, but I feel like I can steadily improve upon it. A 2nd in a tournament like that would do the trick, but I'd be pretty bummed about losing out too.
I don't know who you are, but somebody said that you're good. Maybe they're mocking you, maybe not. I respect the Space Ghost though. I'm also not sure what the hell you're talking about or whether I should I follow that advice. Lol
i like your style already

A big win in second is sometimes the biggest disappointment. And yeah, BR = Bankroll. I'm working on it, but I get money hungry because all I know are ballas who make me feel inadequate.

Hey there, Roughly a week ago I was gifted a $15 card to any Borders book store as a thank you for my work in the campus writing center. I had absolutely no idea what kind of book I would buy, seeing that I really didn't much. After walking around the shop for a few minutes, a small shelf entitled "gambling" caught my attention. Now I once played online poker before during the boom when I was, well.. not old enough to play by a long shot. It didn't last long, but it was enough of a memory to make me interested in this book section. There I found Daniel's Power Hold'em Strategy, and I kicked in the extra $20 to get it. My birthday came around a couple weeks before this, and I had some money to boot around once more online. I dropped $100 and began playing over the past few days. At the moment I am up a little bit, but I'm slowing down and playing small-staked SnGs until I develop my poker identity. Well, the past few hours have brought me an experience that encourage me to want to learn and perform better. I entered a qualifier to a $100,000 MTT with about 40-50 other players. I started off poorly, but essentially told myself that I wouldn't tilt and that I would reach the final table. I began to play well, making proper bets, exploiting good position, and taking feverish notes on the other players. The latter paid off, and I ran myself up to a top 5 stack - where I remained for the entirety of the tournament. I felt great going into the final 5-6 players. I knew who was good, I knew who was bad. I had a feel for the way they played and made a general strategy for how to confront them. I kept grinding, being fearless at times and folding when I was surely beat. Soon enough, I was in heads-up with the chip leader... and I was less than a third his size. I really,really wanted to be able to narrate about how I made an inspiring comeback for my first MTT win (and for a ticket worth 150% of my bankroll). I played this guy for 30 minutes, and it seemed like forever. Every pot I won, every time I clawed my way to near half his stack, I thought about what winning would be like. Then a string of trash cards came my way, and I had no idea what to do. I froze up, my mom got scared, and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said FRESH and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo, holmes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo holmes smell ya later!" Looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air. Obviously being so close to the top prize when you were never as close before made me hopeful. I was proud. Then I came into an underdog situation, and couldn't pull through. For some reason, it really bugs me. On the positive side, I felt like I played rather well for my lack of experience. I only read the pre-flop strategy of Daniel's "small-ball", but I felt that I applied it well. I played well enough to earn myself a ticket to another table, and I could still land myself in the big one. I have to beat out another table of players though; it seems like a massive obstacle. Getting so far and being so close has motivated me to want to do more. I want to expect a consistent chance at playing this deep every time I play. So that's why I signed up here. Daniel's print on pre-flops most likely stopped me from an early exited, terribly played tournament. It kinda makes sense to join the guy's site (He's funny, yet deeply talented) where I could talk to countless other players. Heck, maybe some of you could offer me some encouragement or advice. Maybe I could learn something and do the same for others; who knows what one moment could do for somebody. Now I'm only hoping that this post isn't terribly out of place...
FYP
ok serious part: join the Stars leaderboard threadthe you-don't-have-to-but-it-would-amuse-me-if-you-did part: sending kobe2odom8 a PM with every bad beat you take
ok serious part: join the Stars leaderboard threadthe you-don't-have-to-but-it-would-amuse-me-if-you-did part: sending kobe2odom8 a PM with every bad beat you take
So I probably should have money on PS, huh? I had trouble with that
Try dividing by 25k
this is an excellent idea i don't know why i never thought of it
Nice first post, certainly beats mine which was a drunk incorherent mess.