Not Sure What To Think Of This Hand

This hand happened to me yesterday and I would like some opinons on it. I don't know how to do the hand reader stuff, so bear with me while I describe it.It was in a six-handed limit hold 'em tournament. I was on the button with AQ of hearts and it was folded to me. I raised, and only the big blind called. Flop was TT2, and we both checked. Turn was an 8 and my opponent led out. I really didn't think the board had hit him yet, so I called. River was a J. Again, he let out. I don't know if it was how he was betting or what, but I honestly thought he didn't have anything. So I called. It turned out I was right, he had K6 for king-high and I won with ace-high. Naturally, he spazzed a little. I believe his exact words were "I was impressed with the call until I saw your cards, donk." I tried to explain my reasoning, saying that if going by my gut (and it turns out my gut instinct is right) makes me a donk, then I guess I was. His response: "Yes it does."So my question is, was that a really stupid call to make? Should I have made a continuation bet on the flop or raised him on the turn or river? I guess I don't know what to think of the situation.

probably a bit of a timing tell on your part

This hand happened to me yesterday and I would like some opinons on it. I don't know how to do the hand reader stuff, so bear with me while I describe it.It was in a six-handed limit hold 'em tournament. I was on the button with AQ of hearts and it was folded to me. I raised, and only the big blind called. Flop was TT2, and we both checked. Turn was an 8 and my opponent led out. I really didn't think the board had hit him yet, so I called. River was a J. Again, he let out. I don't know if it was how he was betting or what, but I honestly thought he didn't have anything. So I called. It turned out I was right, he had K6 for king-high and I won with ace-high. Naturally, he spazzed a little. I believe his exact words were "I was impressed with the call until I saw your cards, donk." I tried to explain my reasoning, saying that if going by my gut (and it turns out my gut instinct is right) makes me a donk, then I guess I was. His response: "Yes it does."So my question is, was that a really stupid call to make? Should I have made a continuation bet on the flop or raised him on the turn or river? I guess I don't know what to think of the situation.
Next time calmly explain to him that if he wasnt as transparent as parchment paper then you would never have made that call down. Also, explain that calling preflop with K6 is terrible and that the poker gods rewarded his insolence by forcing you to call him down.

Perfectly fine call imo. I would just agree with how "terrible" you are and say something along the lines of "Let it be the known to the rest of the table, don't bluff the donkey"

Next time calmly explain to him that if he wasnt as transparent as parchment paper then you would never have made that call down. Also, explain that calling preflop with K6 is terrible and that the poker gods rewarded his insolence by forcing you to call him down.
...this
Agreed

Thanks for the input. I felt that I had played the hand well at the time, but just wanted some other perspectives. I ended up winning the tourney, so I must've been doing something right.