dude, really? I don't know why but this is amazing to me. Schindler's List and a sports story...........huh. Have you seen UP? IT HAS

TALKING DOGS

and had my tear ducts working twice.

Once brothers is more than a sports story as it does deal with genocide and many innocent deaths. To not have an emotional attachment to it would be very difficult.
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got the Ouya TV and decided to watch a couple of 30 for 30 that I have missed. No Mas was the first one. Another excellent production. Love every single minute.   Next one was Going for Gold.

dude, really? I don't know why but this is amazing to me. Schindler's List and a sports story...........huh. Have you seen UP? IT HAS

TALKING DOGS

and had my tear ducts working twice.

Yeah, I know, it's strange. I'm not saying that those are the two saddest things I've ever watched, they just happened to be the two times I have been moved to tears while watching a program. It probably has more to do with my emotional state at the time, rather than actually how powerful/sad the scene was. I think normally I'd fight back tears too, if I was watching with other people, but my girlfriend is off in ontario visiting her parents and I had the house to myself, so when the tears came, I just let them flow. I did find the whole story just completely heartbreaking though, and it was presented so effectively.I have seen UP a few times, and I did get a lump in my throat when

his wife dies in the opening Montage

but no tears.

Once brothers is more than a sports story as it does deal with genocide and many innocent deaths. To not have an emotional attachment to it would be very difficult.
Yeah, it was

Petrovich's Death that got me though. I just thought the whole thing was so damn sad, that he died when he did, after finally achieving fame and recognition in the NBA, and Him and Divac never got to sort out their differences

the part in Schindler's List that got me was when

Schindler was listing off all of the material things in his life and saying how many lives he could have saved with the money he spent on material things. It was a very emotional monologue that I just paraphrased really terribly

30 for 30 is such a good show. they should make one on FCP hockey forum though. It should be how FCP has changed. How way back in the day when the vets like Serge and Biatch had everything going well in the FCP hockey forum, where there was joy. Then the FCP newbies like pens fan came and ruined it.

30 for 30 is such a good show. they should make one on FCP hockey forum though. It should be how FCP has changed. How way back in the day when the vets like Serge and Biatch had everything going well in the FCP hockey forum, where there was joy. Then the FCP newbies like pens fan came and ruined it.
so true...

Watched a few more over the past week:The Band that wouldn't die: It was a nice story, and a good doc, but definitely one of the weaker 30 for 30's, in my opinion.Small Potatoes: Death of the USFL: I really enjoyed this one, mostly for all the great USFL footage. I kind of wish the whole show would have just been chronicling great games and drama from the 3 USFL seasons. Instead, it seemed to be a vehicle for the director to carry out a personal vendetta against Donald Trump. It was still an excellent doc though.Mohammed Vs. Larry: This one was fantastic. Again, a ton of awesome footage, and a really interesting story that I knew nothing about.

i watched 'once brothers' today. amazing. one of the best produced, most captivating and poignant things i have ever watched. my girlfriend watched it with me and was in floods of tears at the end. its safe to say she has absolutely zero interest in basketball. its the personal interest stories that make these so capitavating.its definitely the best one i have seen, with 'the 16th man' my personal 2nd favourite.

• 3 years later...

I got the Ouya TV and decided to watch a couple of 30 for 30 that I have missed. No Mas was the first one. Another excellent production. Love every single minute.

Next one was Going for Gold. I can't believe it was 20 years ago. Really felt for Harding watching it.

• Like 1

When watching Going For Gold I kept thinking to myself that I must be remembering this whole thing wrong. They let Harding make claims and present herself in a way that made me question almost everything I knew about the fiasco. I think they did a decent job of finally getting the known facts out but they waited too long before going that direction. It's worth watching.

I assume you felt bad for Harding because of how she was raised.

When watching Going For Gold I kept thinking to myself that I must be remembering this whole thing wrong. They let Harding make claims and present herself in a way that made me question almost everything I knew about the fiasco. I think they did a decent job of finally getting the known facts out but they waited too long before going that direction. It's worth watching.

I assume you felt bad for Harding because of how she was raised.

Yes how she was raised. When she got off the phone and said the B word. Also getting into a bad relationship with Jeff.

Also, agreed on No Mas being really well done but I'm a boxing fan.

IMO the short timeframe was the cause of No Mas. Dropping weight after very excessive partying in a short time takes a toll. The dangling of $10 million made it happen.