Wsop Event #43: $10,000 H.o.r.s.e. Championship

Event #43 of the 2010 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas is the $10,000 H.O.R.S.E. Championship and Daniel is playing.He'll be sending updates as usual and of course Poker News has their updates and chip counts.http://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2010-wsop/event-43/Daniel's Twitter Updates23 June 2010, 7:18 pmRealKidPoker: This is it. Feel strong as an ox mentally. I have that elusive hyper focus today. Its so on.23 June 2010, 9:05 pmRealKidPoker: That was the best 2 hours of poker I've played this month. I have 23,750. Love how I'm playing and am excited about the stretch run.23 June 2010, 11:25 pmRealKidPoker: 36,100 thru 4 levels on to dinner break. That's the best 4 hour block of poker I've played this month. I think I'm going to win this one.24 June 2010, 2:24 amRealKidPoker: 36,600 played the best 6 hour block of poker all wsop. Weird Razz hand 3-way I bet a Queen low on 6th street and it had to be good. Won it.24 June 2010, 3:47 amRealKidPoker: 47,100 and there is an unscheduled break because the lights went out. Should be one level left to play24 June 2010, 7:03 pmRealKidPoker: Down to 9300 and super frustrated. Took some sick beats. In Razz no one ever catches anything but a wheel card vs me ugh. Very tilting.24 June 2010, 7:25 pmRealKidPoker: Oh gosh same story. Had 98456 on 6th vs A2399J. He caught an 8 and I missed. That's Razz torture. Ahead on 6 lose on 7. Repeat. So tilted.24 June 2010, 8:50 pmRealKidPoker: Funniest moment for me in WSOP: Schmelev just came 4th in Razz and sat at my horse table. Heard his two first words in English"F-ing dealer"

Team PokerStars Members at Tough TablePosted 56 minutes ago by Chad_Holloway PokerStars Team Pro USA members Greg Raymer and Daniel Negreanu are seated together at Table 286. They have some stiff competition surrounding them in the forms of David "Bakes" Baker, Max Pescatori and Justin Bonomo.Raymer even recognized the toughness of the table when he Tweeted: "You expect a tough field, but this table has zero (even slightly) soft spots."

do players know what the payout structure is before hand? Just wondering because there are over 240 entrants and only the top 7 get paid.EDIT: nvm they edited the page. I didn't tally up the payouts.

do players know what the payout structure is before hand? Just wondering because there are over 240 entrants and only the top 7 get paid.EDIT: nvm they edited the page. I didn't tally up the payouts.
They seem to be paying about 10% of the field most events...

no if everyone is playing well, the person that levels correctly will do better. then at some point when things are short luck becomes a factor. I mean people will most likely bluff boards in the stud games a ton, and make it is very hard time to level correctly.

might be time to find new employment.
low blow! i mean he does have pokerstars money!

that sucks for him! but where was the updates! oh well

so if everyone plays perfectly does it just become all luck?
b0kdclyd8glk9dfb4d7.png
Calling two streets with J992 to start against an xx4 5 showing..not sure there is any scenario where this would be called perfect poker.
Calling two streets with J992 to start against an xx4 5 showing..not sure there is any scenario where this would be called perfect poker.
i am really surprised how these people play Razz so bad...That is such a brutal play, unless its like 7th level thinking what is the reasoning there..J992 against xx45 is a brutal play..I must be missing something.
i am really surprised how these people play Razz so bad...That is such a brutal play, unless its like 7th level thinking what is the reasoning there..J992 against xx45 is a brutal play..I must be missing something.
and to top it off, Tryba has less than 1/4 the average AFTER the hand. So he was really short stacked as well.

The only explanation is that the dude just wanted the chance to knock out a famous player like DN, no matter how bad that chance was. He wanted a story to tell his buddies when he goes home. Still, it doesn't excuse that that was an extremely bad play, even against a shortstack.

The only explanation is that the dude just wanted the chance to knock out a famous player like DN, no matter how bad that chance was. He wanted a story to tell his buddies when he goes home. Still, it doesn't excuse that that was an extremely bad play, even against a shortstack.
I have actually seen worse plays..The funny thing is Razz is one of the easiest games to learn the basics of...
The bracelet winner in this event was none other than former FCPer IggyMcFly
Whee congrats Iggy!