Earthquake In Toronto

Probably nothing serious but just had a shaker here and over most of Southern Ontario they say.
That was quick, how'd you get info on it? Was just looking for the Earthquake thread from a week or two ago.We all felt it here in Detroit in the Ren Cen.
That was quick, how'd you get info on it? Was just looking for the Earthquake thread from a week or two ago.We all felt it here in Detroit in the Ren Cen.
Local all news station here in Toronto covering it right away.
Yeah I see they finally agreed to the quake about 30 seconds after I posted that. Assholes!I think this is the second one felt in Detroit that I can remember. I remember after lunch in 7th grade getting into Mr. Lilly's Algebra class and then having an announcement of an earthquake. Never felt it.
Yeah I see they finally agreed to the quake about 30 seconds after I posted that. Assholes!I think this is the second one felt in Detroit that I can remember. I remember after lunch in 7th grade getting into Mr. Lilly's Algebra class and then having an announcement of an earthquake. Never felt it.
I felt one in 1986 in a class @ UofM Dearborn. Felt like someone was shaking my chair. I looked around and there wasn't anyone close enough. I saw a couple of other people looking around and I said it was probably an earthquake and everyone laughed.A few years later I was working in NYC and felt the same thing. We were in one of the top floors of a downtown skyscraper. Several of us speculated that it was an earthquake. It was February 26, 1993 and some morons had just bombed the WTC.Today's earthquake was apparently two quakes. One @ 1:41 and another at 1:50. I think we felt the second one @ 1:50 here in the Ren Cen.
I felt one in 1986 in a class @ UofM Dearborn. Felt like someone was shaking my chair. I looked around and there wasn't anyone close enough. I saw a couple of other people looking around and I said it was probably an earthquake and everyone laughed.A few years later I was working in NYC and felt the same thing. We were in one of the top floors of a downtown skyscraper. Several of us speculated that it was an earthquake. It was February 26, 1993 and some morons had just bombed the WTC.Today's earthquake was apparently two quakes. One @ 1:41 and another at 1:50. I think we felt the second one @ 1:50 here in the Ren Cen.
...hmmm, apparently not since I was able to post by 1:50 about feeling the quake.

MY daughter moved to South Carolina a couple years ago, the first week they had a tornado watch followed by a touch down in her town.She was terrified, I told her to relax and just tell everyone she was from Southern California.They all asked her how she could deal with earthquakes, she told them they were no big deal. She grew up 5 miles from the San Andreas fault.Give me an earthquake any day. They hit you by surprise, and are over quickly. Much better than hours of warnings and fear.Besides, if you want big earthquakes, you have to go to Alaska.

My apartment shook so bad, that a glass fall off the counter and broke. Being in a high rise I definitely felt the effects. Was watching the news like crazy afterwards. it was at least 25 seconds long which apparently is long for an earthquake

Listed as 5.5 and centered at the ontario/quebec border:http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/rec...America_eqs.phpMy house was rocking, first quake I've ever felt.
man, i can't imagine that. living in CA my whole life we have small quakes on a daily basis. the first earthquake i remember was the 1989 Loma Prieta quake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquakeim glad everyone is ok.
man, i can't imagine that. living in CA my whole life we have small quakes on a daily basis. the first earthquake i remember was the 1989 Loma Prieta quake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquakeim glad everyone is ok.
I was there for that one. LOTS of stories about that.
  • 3 weeks later...

My only one was a tiny 4.-something in Virginia a few years ago. Felt like a truck rumbling by the building, but a loooooong truck. Our monitors all started wobbling. More bemusement than anything else.

• 1 year later...