on a forum people give a more considered opinion. in a live setting you can't ask everyone discussing the movie to please talk one at a time, and be quiet when it isn't their turn to give the next person space to organize their thoughts.it would probably be useful to occasionally go off on a more rambly in-depth opinion in a live setting. just remember that that unpopular opinion on a forum gets you flamed/trolled. live it can get you a punch in the nose.go!
Yeah this is true, I often find myself keeping my opinions to myself when i go to a movie with a bunch of people if I didn't like it, especially if everyone else is really excited and seemed to enjoy it.I remember going to a movie a few years ago on a double date with my girlfriend and a couple other friends. I can't remember what it was called, it was an action movie where the big 'gimic' was the ability to 'bend' the flight paths of bullets to shoot people around corners and stuff. I hated it, and could barely stay awake for the duration. Everyone else LOVED it, and when I expressed my distaste for it, it wasn't, uhh, recieved very well, and really dampened the mood.I realized that most people enjoy talking about how much they liked a movie, and aren't interested in a debate about whether it was good or not. So now, unless I am given a good inclination that a debate would be welcome, I usually just keep quiet, or say "yeah, it was pretty good". I think it is almost selfish to tell somebody (in real life) how much you hate the movie they just spent two hours enjoying the heck out of. And I haven't found a way to do it that doesn't make me come off as a snob.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember what it was called, it was an action movie where the big 'gimic' was the ability to 'bend' the flight paths of bullets to shoot people around corners and stuff.
Wanted.It was amazingly stupid.But I still enjoyed it.Plus, Angelina Jolie.
Ah yes, that's the one. Yeah, uhh, it was pretty good.
"What a fucking cute baby!"Just in case you're wondering. The previous sentence is the 2011 version of a *shrute buck*, and you earned it.
Jubi, Guapo, strategy, and I are all in the "not that funny" camp.I think part of it depends on when you saw it. I didn't see it until after it had been immensely hyped up and I might have been expecting too much. I miss strategy. :(
So what you are saying is people with great senses of humor thought it was "ok" and other people thought it was hilarious.
Ah yes, that's the one. Yeah, uhh, it was pretty good.
Heh.
So what you are saying is people with great senses of humor thought it was "ok" and other people thought it was hilarious.
In general, this seems accurate to me, though I'm sure there are exceptions.

are you guys talking about the original hangover in here? cause it wasn't that funny. no where near as funny as people said it was.consequently, I will be making zero effort to see the second one.

are you guys talking about the original hangover in here? cause it wasn't that funny. no where near as funny as people said it was.consequently, I will be making zero effort to see the second one.
You liked Napoleon Dynamite didn't you?
You liked Napoleon Dynamite didn't you?
I have tried watching that movie at least 4 times if not a couple more. I don't get why that movie is as popular as it is. I am not completely void of a sense of humor. I love Arrested Development. It's one of funniest shows I have ever seen. But NP doesn't even make me smile.
  • 1 month later...

I liked it.Wasn't as good as the first one, and there was a 20 minute stretch in the last third of the movie where I didn't laugh at all, but I found it pretty funny overall.

I saw it last night. Not as good as the first one but I still found it funny. What do you think if they did a spin off detailing Chows criminal activities? He was the best character in this movie

Saw it last night. It was ok, I certainly didn't hate it, because I like the characters. It's a real shame that the main guys didn't want Mel Gibson to be in it, because he would have slayed the tattoo artist bit. It would have been even funnier if he played himself... as in guys walk in and say, "Shit, it's Mel Gibson". They could have had him drunk and a woman chained to a chair or something... awesome.The director they got for the tattoo artist was bad, and the whole scene was painfully unfunny. The entire scene should have been cut if it wasn't so vital to the plot.

Saw it last night. Not usually a movie I would pay money for but I was meeting a few friends and this is what they wanted to see. Overall I enjoyed it, I actually thought it was better than the first one. Only a couple real LOL moments, but I was entertained throughout.

I just thought that there could have been more penis in it.

Saw it last night. Not usually a movie I would pay money for but I was meeting a few friends and this is what they wanted to see. Overall I enjoyed it, I actually thought it was better than the first one. Only a couple real LOL moments, but I was entertained throughout.
Wait. What?That can't possibly be true.
  • 1 month later...

I'm guessing since this has been out so long, no need to deal with spoiler tags.finally saw this last night with the wife and I thought it was awesome. Literally the exact same movie as the first one with a different person being lost and obviously a new setting. Seems like some of the scenes were damn near identical word for word from the first one, but that didn't bother me. Can't say it was better than the first one, but I really enjoyed it and will own it on DVD.Best line of the movie is when Stu says "I have a demon in me!" and Alan confirms "It's true, he has semen in him" I lol for like 2 minutes.The kid cutting off his finger with no medical attention was kinda BS and Alan showing up at the wedding with the tattoo and it not even being reacted to was kinda BS.