I'm not sure what I think about this. I mean I absolutely LOVVVVVED the first movie, already seen it like 6 times, a total classic.Wonder if the magic can be recreated again?Some interesting notes I've read so far .....Hangover 1 has already grossed half a billion dollars and was made on a 34 million dollar budgetBradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis 'only' made $300K each for the first movie and had no profit sharing agreement. They have contracted for $5 million each plus 4% gross profit sharing for the 2nd movie.Director Todd Phillips forfeited an upfront salary for the original hangover so he could make budget and instead took a 15% gross deal which has banked him over 50 million already. Phillips signed on for $10 million up front salary and 10% gross profit sharing for the 2nd movie.25 million plus 22% gross in just those 4 alone compared to an entire budget of 34 million on original.The Hangover 2 is expected to start production this October for a possible release Memorial Day weekend in late May, 2011.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see it. Every time I see the Hangover, I like it a little more (love the Tiger song). I dont think a sequel will necessarily work though.

When was the last time a Sequel to a comedy was funnier than the first? I think the second will have some good laughs, but won't hit quite as hard as the first one.It won't be as bad as Caddyshack 2 .. that's for sure!

When was the last time a Sequel to a comedy was funnier than the first? I think the second will have some good laughs, but won't hit quite as hard as the first one.It won't be as bad as Caddyshack 2 .. that's for sure!
weekend at bernies 2
I need to watch it again. The first time I wasn't impressed and the second time I was only slightly more impressed.One more shot.
That is how I felt. I think it had so much hype to live up to when I watched it that I expected total greatness. I haven't watched it a second time yet but I have to do it.
I think you mean as good... as good as Caddyshack 2.
When was the last time a Sequel to a comedy was funnier than the first? I think the second will have some good laughs, but won't hit quite as hard as the first one.
I tend to agree with you, but they have signed screenwriter and story writer Scot Armstrong (probably most notable for writing Old School) for the script so there is a decent chanceEither way there is really not any way I don't see this. Plus ..... "...according to director Todd Phillips, the former champ Mike Tyson is as interested in being seen again on the silver screen as you are in seeing him. “I’ve got to find something for him because he’s been texting me,” Phillips said. “I’ve got to figure it out. We’re going to find something for Mike.”
Director Todd Phillips forfeited an upfront salary for the original hangover so he could make budget and instead took a 15% gross deal which has banked him over 50 million already. Phillips signed on for $10 million up front salary and 10% gross profit sharing for the 2nd movie.
mbn
I tend to agree with you, but they have signed screenwriter and story writer Scot Armstrong (probably most notable for writing Old School) for the script so there is a decent chanceEither way there is really not any way I don't see this. Plus ..... "...according to director Todd Phillips, the former champ Mike Tyson is as interested in being seen again on the silver screen as you are in seeing him. “I’ve got to find something for him because he’s been texting me,” Phillips said. “I’ve got to figure it out. We’re going to find something for Mike.”
Yeah, I will definitely see it as well. I do have higher hopes since they are bringing back the original cast, but IMO they should just try to do another movie ... like how "Get Him To The Greek" was almost a sequel to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but not really.
Comedies don't normally get sequels... but:Fletch 2
I need to watch it again. The first time I wasn't impressed and the second time I was only slightly more impressed.One more shot.
you're willing to re-watch something you weren't impressed with after one viewing?I'm going on six months of no daily activities and still haven't found the time to do that

I liked it and I'm notoriously hard to please, comedy-wise. Zack G was gold. On e of the funniest moments for me was when they get tazed by the kids and Zack G gets it in the forehead and just stands there trying to talk "DIt! Gah! Bip!" and the kids start screaming and then the cop hits him again ("Sometimes you gotta hit these big fellas twice!") and he collapses on a table...good stuff. Also, the Asian dude: "Toodle-oo, muthafukka!!!"

you're willing to re-watch something you weren't impressed with after one viewing?I'm going on six months of no daily activities and still haven't found the time to do that
twice. impressive.
Yeah, I hear you, but when I keep being told (granted, by people I don't really know...most of my close friends weren't all that impressed either) that a movie is hilarious I try to keep an open mind and work on the assumption that maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind the first time around.
thank you

I don't think there's anything wrong with re-watching a movie when your perception of it is significantly different than what other people think. I think if you were to rate a movie 1-100, your rating of it could swing 20+ points based on the mood you were in, who you watched it with, or other extenuating circumstances. Here would be a good place to put an example of a movie that I changed my mind on, but I can't think of any right now.But I've definitely watched movies a second time that I didn't like the first time.

I don't think there's anything wrong with re-watching a movie when your perception of it is significantly different than what other people think. I think if you were to rate a movie 1-100, your rating of it could swing 20+ points based on the mood you were in, who you watched it with, or other extenuating circumstances. Here would be a good place to put an example of a movie that I changed my mind on, but I can't think of any right now.But I've definitely watched movies a second time that I didn't like the first time.
I had heard for years about the Big Lewbowski and no one could believe I hadn't see it. I rented it a month or two ago and watched it and had a few laughs and found a few quotable lines, but it was noooooooooooooo where near what the expectation had been led up to be. I was totally like WTF with all the tripping scenes, etc. I've been told I need to watch it again and it will be 20x's better the second time.Still not convinced, but may give it a shot some year.
I had heard for years about the Big Lewbowski and no one could believe I hadn't see it. I rented it a month or two ago and watched it and had a few laughs and found a few quotable lines, but it was noooooooooooooo where near what the expectation had been led up to be. I was totally like WTF with all the tripping scenes, etc. I've been told I need to watch it again and it will be 20x's better the second time.Still not convinced, but may give it a shot some year.
I'll say that "Big Lebowski" is a good example of a film that I "got" after a second viewing years later. Still not my favorite, but much much better for me....and really, how bad can a movie be with a bottomless Julianne Moore?
I've been told I need to watch it again and it will be 20x's better the second time.
Sigh. It won't be. The people telling you these things are ruining the movie for you, which is a damn shame.
Sigh. It won't be. The people telling you these things are ruining the movie for you, which is a damn shame.
Exactly. What they meant was, you have to watch the movie twenty times before you begin to realize how funny it is. Dude.

Ya, it's a mildly entertaining movie, with a couple pretty good parts.I just can't imagine how any body would just be laughing uncontrollably at this movie, it just doesn't have that type of humor.

Ya, it's a mildly entertaining movie, with a couple pretty good parts.I just can't imagine how any body would just be laughing uncontrollably at this movie, it just doesn't have that type of humor.
But the little oriental guy was naked....