Disappointed With Wsop Segregation

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't have the courage to talk to Shannon Elizabeth tho. Just saying. I think you just stood there for like 15 minutes staring though.
You don't really think I kept coming back over to see you, do you?Also there was really no opening for me to propose to her without it being awkward. Our love is best left unspoken.

I was late in the day in the 2500 6m tournament and daniel negreanu was at the table right next to me and right after we got done bagging chips for the end of day I almost said "Hi Daniel im an fcp'r" but then he ran away and I didnt get a chance to :club:

I was late in the day in the 2500 6m tournament and daniel negreanu was at the table right next to me and right after we got done bagging chips for the end of day I almost said "Hi Daniel im an fcp'r" but then he ran away and I didnt get a chance to :club:
I assume this means you are quitting the WSOP?
this does little to dispel the rumors...
You probably should have said "Hi Daniel, I am Vtlaxter and I love men." (uncomfortable silence)"And I know Luke.":Fist Bump:
These are just idea's I'm throwing out there. It's not just 'my friend'. Now I've talked to over 20 random strangers who didn't know there was a secondary room with events being held. The Pavilion is so big that people think 'thats all there is'. Maybe just add some signs telling guys to come check out the action in the Amazon room behind the poker Pavilion would be sufficient. I knew to find it but apparently a lot of people are lemmings. I want the masses to have fun and want to come back to the WSOP next year so poker will grow :club: Nothing more. But yes, the funnel idea would be a logistical nightmare. I just think they should equally split it. Anyway. Other then multiple reports of people getting sick from the salad at the poker kitchen, it's being run very well.
Although I appreciate where you are coming from, the bolded statement would be an equal nightmare. When running a tournament, it is a million times easier to deal with the logistics of synchronizing breaks, playing hand-for-hand, making tournament specific announcements etc. if the tournament is being played all in one room. If it were possible to put one entire field for a tournament in one room and another tournament field in another room, then it will be easier to manage both tournaments. Breaking both tournaments equally into both rooms unnecessarily increases the logistical nightmare of organizing both events.
I assume this means you are quitting the WSOP?
LOL nice!
Daniel has negotiated that the Rio construct an elaborate system of secret tunnels which he uses to escape the teaming masses. Some have entered and never returned.
So he is gay?
Let me start by saying I've never asked anyone for an autograph in my life, and I have no idea what people do with the scrap piece of paper they may ask me to sign. That's just not my thing. I'm not wow'ed by anyone really. I've met lots of "important people" and the more of them I meet the more obvious it becomes that the substance rarely matches the hype. Thing is, I've met lots of people, whereas a random couple from Idaho may not have. They come to the WSOP and see their favorite players, the guys they watch on TV, and it's a pretty cool moment for them. Don't hate. Only thing worse than a fanboy is a fanboy hater!
Not that it's bad but your signature is a pic of you with Obama. I would say you're wow'ed by him. Kurt, your initial statement is wrong, fluffdog, bob and lots of other fcper's in this post is right, it is hard to be a top pro poker player, otherwise all of us would be making millions playing poker, winning multiple bracelets, wpt events, getting sponsored by pokerstars and playing almost all the events like DN. Just like any other discipline, anyone could prob do it but to be the best in the world at it, definitely not.
Not that it's bad but your signature is a pic of you with Obama. I would say you're wow'ed by him. Kurt, your initial statement is wrong, fluffdog, bob and lots of other fcper's in this post is right, it is hard to be a top pro poker player, otherwise all of us would be making millions playing poker, winning multiple bracelets, wpt events, getting sponsored by pokerstars and playing almost all the events like DN. Just like any other discipline, anyone could prob do it but to be the best in the world at it, definitely not.
You assume that a lot of the guys you know from TV make millions. Big assumption. Steve kinda implied the same thing.
You assume that a lot of the guys you know from TV make millions. Big assumption. Steve kinda implied the same thing.
Steve is right as this all relates to poker players. Only a few have seemingly endless $$$ and many are broke or always skating that line. but does poker fandom (or any fandom) always come down to money?Interest in people in general, and having folks (fans if you like) following or being curious regarding their careers/deeds/acts does not always come down to net worth. I think it often comes down to being blown away or impressed by observing people doing things that ordinary people can't or won't do.We watched a guy with an over sized pogo stick doing 20 foot high back flips on Venice beach one day. I am a fan. Went to the Louvre in Paris and was blown away at Vermeer. FAN. Florence had sculptures by Michelangelo. fanboi. Cemetery full of soldiers at Omaha beach....big fan. Tiger, fan. My wife's work ethic...FAN. Steve Jobs.....fan. Kurt? ...fan. etc...Is being a fan of something so bad?just sayin. :club:
Steve is right as this all relates to poker players. Only a few have seemingly endless $$$ and many are broke or always skating that line. but does poker fandom (or any fandom) always come down to money?Interest in people in general, and having folks (fans if you like) following or being curious regarding their careers/deeds/acts does not always come down to net worth. I think it often comes down to being blown away or impressed by observing people doing things that ordinary people can't or won't do.We watched a guy with an over sized pogo stick doing 20 foot high back flips on Venice beach one day. I am a fan. Went to the Louvre in Paris and was blown away at Vermeer. FAN. Florence had sculptures by Michelangelo. fanboi. Cemetery full of soldiers at Omaha beach....big fan. Tiger, fan. My wife's work ethic...FAN. Steve Jobs.....fan. Kurt? ...fan. etc...Is being a fan of something so bad?just sayin. :club:
I am a BIG fan of this post.
Is being a fan of something so bad?
It was never about being a fan of something being bad. I said we're all fans of poker. I'm a fan of a lot of things. It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with people playing $1000 tournament and being mad he didn't see enough poker 'celebrities'.
Fanboys are stupid, I don't really care what they want.
It was never about being a fan of something being bad. I said we're all fans of poker. I'm a fan of a lot of things. It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with people playing $1000 tournament and being mad he didn't see enough poker 'celebrities'.
I guess this has been miscommunicated after your volatile statement in that first post. I agree with your latest post.
I guess this has been miscommunicated after your volatile statement in that first post. I agree with your latest post.
I used fanboy in a way that is different than just being a fan. Pretty sure in one of the posts along the way I tried to clear it up. I'm kinda done at this point though, lol.
they should attend the archie karas school of bank roll management
Steve is right as this all relates to poker players. Only a few have seemingly endless $$$ and many are broke or always skating that line. but does poker fandom (or any fandom) always come down to money?
So, who are these broke pros that you speak of? I mean, obviously you know, is it some kind of secret or something?
Vermeer was the bomb...there aren't very many who mastered the use of light in their paintings as Vermeer did.
Rembrandt can kick Vemeer's butt all day every day
So, who are these broke pros that you speak of? I mean, obviously you know, is it some kind of secret or something?
The list would be shorter to say which of the TV stars aren't broke...
is it some kind of secret or something?
Yeah, but it's not hard to guess. who has money/deals etc. ? There were far more walking the money tightrope before the online endorsement days. But the high stakes poker community has an economy all it's own, some are bankers, lenders, stakers, etc. many are broke one week and set the next. If you are good and have a winning track record you most likely will never be penniless.It would be very hard to suddenly halt it all and tally up everyone's actual individual net worth for that exact moment because so much of it is intermingled or in a state of flux.but everyone knows most of this. Was this a serious question?blah blah blah....
Yeah, but it's not hard to guess. who has money/deals etc. ? There were far more walking the money tightrope before the online endorsement days. But the high stakes poker community has an economy all it's own, some are bankers, lenders, stakers, etc. many are broke one week and set the next. If you are good and have a winning track record you most likely will never be penniless.It would be very hard to suddenly halt it all and tally up everyone's actual individual net worth for that exact moment because so much of it is intermingled or in a state of flux.but everyone knows most of this. Was this a serious question?blah blah blah....
yah, it was actually a serious question. I know you can't say but I would love to know which tv pros are broke.I'm thinking that most pros nowadays have deals with pokerstars or fulltilt, so those pros are prob ok but then most of the tv pros have those deals, so I still really can't figure out who is broke and who isn't. Oh well, doesn't matter I guess, I 'm just a nosy parker.