2cent 5 Cent Rush, Last One...

do you get away from this??? easy shove? call and re-eval turn? bet more flop? I bet small to induce a decent raise, and when i got it, i figure i should shove right?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comMP ($5)CO ($3.83)Button ($11.77)SB ($4.86)BB ($5.18)Hero (UTG) ($3.13)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q :4h, A :club:Hero bets $0.17, 2 folds, Button calls $0.17, 2 foldsFlop: ($0.41) J :ts, A :5c, 6 :3h(2 players)Hero bets $0.10, Button raises to $0.94,Hero?

betting small to induce at the micros is fancy play syndrome imo... we beat the micros by playing disciplined, tight, aggressive poker... make hands and value bet... bluff/semi-bluff good scare cards etc... tight, solid poker... 5nlas for the hand...I'd just bet normally bc it's a wet/drawy board giving him 5-1 he can call with a gutter and bdfd or whatev and we're oop so it sucks on a lot of turnsas played... youre gonna get 66 jammed in your face a lot, but prob enough heart draws and maybe worse Ax to call it off

ugh i hate it is such a big raise, screams of a set trying to get it in, but we are kinda suckered into this hand. please tell me you didnt shove it thou,... call and on the turn if it bricks i either c/f or b/f, leaning towards bet half pot and fold but i mean all options are less then ideal at this point.

How come Rush Poker...specifically the river makes me want to kill a hooker? :club:

Your bet on the flop is terrible. I'd bet .30 - .40.You need to get value from your hand, which might be good.You need to reduce the chance of getting bluffed off the best hand.You need to reduce your losses if you're up against a better hand, which a bigger bet here actually can accomplish.Your bet gives you no information, allows your opponent to draw cheap and opens you up to getting bluffed.As played, I probably fold. There's just no way of knowing where I'm at in the hand at this point. At these stakes, your profit comes from playing big pot with big hands and protecting yourself from getting stacked when you have a small hand. Here, you have a small hand and your opponent is trying to force you to play a big pot. I would fold and move on.I would also always play with $5 in my stack, to maximize my winnings when I make a big hand.

How come Rush Poker...specifically the river makes me want to kill a hooker? :club:
bc it takes so much skill out of poker!
Specifically, bet more on the flop. Generally, yYou're having a lot of trouble in general with bet sizing.
i know 2/3 is usually best...but i guess i'm experimenting, especially with these micro stakes where it's no big loss to lose $$...

I'd bet like $0.35 on the flop. Try to get some money in the pot. Bet bigger when you make a hand to get more value and less when you're bluffing to make it cheaper when it doesn't work. It sounds way too obvious and exploitable, but I don't think many people are paying enough attention for that to matter. As played, I'm getting it in here. Maybe you get shown a set sometimes, but I think you're up against a weaker A or a flush draw often enough.

I'd bet like $0.35 on the flop. Try to get some money in the pot. Bet bigger when you make a hand to get more value and less when you're bluffing to make it cheaper when it doesn't work. It sounds way too obvious and exploitable, but I don't think many people are paying enough attention for that to matter. As played, I'm getting it in here. Maybe you get shown a set sometimes, but I think you're up against a weaker A or a flush draw often enough.
+1
betting small to induce at the micros is fancy play syndrome imo... we beat the micros by playing disciplined, tight, aggressive poker... make hands and value bet... bluff/semi-bluff good scare cards etc... tight, solid poker... 5nl
BIG +1 here :club: If these guys here can turn me into a decent/profitable player at .25nl (got hot, small downswing, managed roll, on upswing and back to 40-100bb again instead of 20-50bb), then you can do this!! Generally I bet 3/4 to full pot all the time. No small induce bets, because it lets you know where you are at. Generally big bets/ c/r at small stakes means they have it and you will be just flipping or behind. Sometimes you catch a bluffer, but until he gets caught with his pants down in a bluff, big c/r generally mean they have it. Pay attention to the board (You already have this down) and light bluff at str8/flush draws, but don't be surprised to see some guys pay no attention to board texture and after you fire 3 bullets at a wet board showdown with top pair. Don't go fancy. ABC with a small twist at times if you feel like it. It took me about 1k hands at .25nl to get the light bulb to click, but you already have better basics down than me, so it should not take you that long. You will figure out the tendencies of most players here. Sometimes you run across someone who's skill level is above stake level here, but for the most part ABC.
+1BIG +1 here :club: If these guys here can turn me into a decent/profitable player at .25nl (got hot, small downswing, managed roll, on upswing and back to 40-100bb again instead of 20-50bb), then you can do this!! Generally I bet 3/4 to full pot all the time. No small induce bets, because it lets you know where you are at. Generally big bets/ c/r at small stakes means they have it and you will be just flipping or behind. Sometimes you catch a bluffer, but until he gets caught with his pants down in a bluff, big c/r generally mean they have it. Pay attention to the board (You already have this down) and light bluff at str8/flush draws, but don't be surprised to see some guys pay no attention to board texture and after you fire 3 bullets at a wet board showdown with top pair. Don't go fancy. ABC with a small twist at times if you feel like it. It took me about 1k hands at .25nl to get the light bulb to click, but you already have better basics down than me, so it should not take you that long. You will figure out the tendencies of most players here. Sometimes you run across someone who's skill level is above stake level here, but for the most part ABC.
good to hear you're doing well...i've noticed that at these micro stakes, there's a lot of limping going on with big pp preflop...two hands i ran into qq with turned a q against my kk (which i raised and he didnt even re-raise), and jj which i had 7/6 from the big bb - flop was j 7 6, turn 7...lol......
good to hear you're doing well...i've noticed that at these micro stakes, there's a lot of limping going on with big pp preflop...two hands i ran into qq with turned a q against my kk (which i raised and he didnt even re-raise), and jj which i had 7/6 from the big bb - flop was j 7 6, turn 7...lol......
Yea, for some reason online you will see some crazy shit like the 6/7 hand happen. Just don't tilt off when it happens to you. What goes around comes around online. I play the shorter stack tables, so there if they have a big hand they are putting it all-in PF/Flop, so you kinda know where you stand earlier in the hand, but there are alot of calling stations that will call and catch with crap. I just mentally try to keep track off what they have when they showdown and how they played to classify them better. Afer another week or so bump up to the next level. You may have better luck there. I tried playing the 5nl, but stuff like you are seeing drove me nuts. The 25nl has worked out alot better for me. At least there they don't play quite as bad and they know when to fold 8/3 off OOP prelfop to a raise instead of flatting all the time, and then catching on the flop. That shit drives me nuts...
Yea, for some reason online you will see some crazy shit like the 6/7 hand happen. Just don't tilt off when it happens to you. What goes around comes around online. I play the shorter stack tables, so there if they have a big hand they are putting it all-in PF/Flop, so you kinda know where you stand earlier in the hand, but there are alot of calling stations that will call and catch with crap. I just mentally try to keep track off what they have when they showdown and how they played to classify them better. Afer another week or so bump up to the next level. You may have better luck there. I tried playing the 5nl, but stuff like you are seeing drove me nuts. The 25nl has worked out alot better for me. At least there they don't play quite as bad and they know when to fold 8/3 off OOP prelfop to a raise instead of flatting all the time, and then catching on the flop. That shit drives me nuts...
yeah, i'm going to start playing 25nl later this week (all you full tilt 25nl players, start licking your chops...big fish coming..lol)..besides of just getting fed up with not caring about the stakes, i realized that i'm not getting my bonus money cleared...pots rarely reach $1 rake, which i need it to..
Be careful, jumping up in stakes to clear bonus or because you're fed up with the donkish play at micro stakes are both good ways to deplete your bankroll very quickly.
+++++1Kosin Trouble
Be careful, jumping up in stakes to clear bonus or because you're fed up with the donkish play at micro stakes are both good ways to deplete your bankroll very quickly.
i definitely agree..but i think i'm disciplined enough to know when im outclassed..in a way, i'm just taking a shot really, and if it doesnt work out, 5nl or 10nl will always be there...i only have until the end of july to clear my bonus, it's about 500 left, so i need to get started..