Was this dumb? i figured at these stakes, and my stack, even if it's 40bb, it's good enough to shove...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.comBB ($2.59)UTG ($1.43)Hero (MP) ($2)CO ($4.74)Button ($1.69)SB ($7.33)Preflop: Hero is MP with Q :club:, A :ts1 fold, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, Button calls $0.05, SB bets $0.35, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2 (All-In)

prob finedont play rush...IMO, you make money by making better decisions than your opponents... and we make better decisions when we have stats/notes/reads and we do that better sitting in the same seat and observing our opponents... and we can get position on fish and not randomly be seated

dear god i just realized you open limped,..... oh dear! wwhhhyyyyyy!!!! nnonononno!

Don't limp, ever!Play with a full stack.Your shove here, given that it's rush, where people tighten up, is probably bad.The hands you'll usually see your opponent turn over here include 88-AA, AK, AQ. So, you're on the wrong side of a bunch of flips in the best case scenarios, or you're crushed.

prob finedont play rush...IMO, you make money by making better decisions than your opponents... and we make better decisions when we have stats/notes/reads and we do that better sitting in the same seat and observing our opponents... and we can get position on fish and not randomly be seated
You realize HUD's work on rush now, right? All it means is that you can better exploit the FR nits because they have a harder time figuring out what they're doing and you'll know who the nits are.That said, yeah, don't limp-raise. Just open here from MP
You realize HUD's work on rush now, right? All it means is that you can better exploit the FR nits because they have a harder time figuring out what they're doing and you'll know who the nits are.That said, yeah, don't limp-raise. Just open here from MP
Yeah, but if you don't obsess over volume and play ~4 table of regular 6max, you can notice how ppl play hands... like wow, he bet pot as a bluff and bet 1/2 with the nuts... your HUD can't tell you that...
So nobody ever does the limp reraise? Guess that officially is played out and old school.... Even with a small stack? I appreciate All the replies btw
Not sure if the limp reraise was ever optimal. It's not the worst thing you can do, but then again, it's not the best.The problem lies in when you do limp, and nobody raises, you can never be too comfortable post flop unless you hit it pretty good. So you limp your AQ or AK, no one raises, and the flop comes 3 8 10 or something like that. Sure you can bet, and you may even win the pot every once in a while. Of course, when you get raised, it sucks.Now take that same scenario, except raise preflop. You'll find that you can take pots more easily post flop where the majority at 5NL plays horrible.Last but not least, buy in for the full amount.
Not sure if the limp reraise was ever optimal. It's not the worst thing you can do, but then again, it's not the best.The problem lies in when you do limp, and nobody raises, you can never be too comfortable post flop unless you hit it pretty good. So you limp your AQ or AK, no one raises, and the flop comes 3 8 10 or something like that. Sure you can bet, and you may even win the pot every once in a while. Of course, when you get raised, it sucks.Now take that same scenario, except raise preflop. You'll find that you can take pots more easily post flop where the majority at 5NL plays horrible.Last but not least, buy in for the full amount.
i use to do it a lot back in the day in limit...and i occassionally do it when my stack is low (in live) and i'm trying to get more $$ in the pot...but for the most part, i do stay away from it...it screams QQ+ too much sometimes...i recently figured out where the auto top up is on full tilt... :club:
You can still learn to make better decisions than your opponents in Rush. You're just basing your decisions on different information and filling some gaps with reasonable assumptions, which you have to do even if you use a HUD because you rarely have a large enough sample to get a solid read. You can also take notes on opponents when they do unusual things or make plays you can exploit. I'm a huge fan of Rush.