The Pokerstar.net The Big Game

Lol @ confused. Give it a break man. Your jig has been up on this forum for years. I highly doubt you'd get picked for the show. It'd be funny though.
It'd be funny?I guess that, after thinking about it for a minute, whether I go broke in the first show, or double up at the end of the first week, choose to play a second week and double up again, with a profit of $300,000, it would be pretty funny.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Rose : Welcome to another week here at the big game, and we have a new loose cannon, DCJ001. He's been doing everything he could to get on this show for a long time and he finally made it.Joe Stapleton: That's right, he has been hounding us through every media outlet for about 6 months now and he's finally made it. Let's get right to the action.(Cut to table seating DCJ001, Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Barry Greenstein, Jason Mercier and Vanessa Rousso)Vanessa: So I heard you tried to get on the show really hard for 6 months? Congratulations for getting here! :)DCJ001: (douchebag tone) Actually it was more like 8 months, I told that to production too. I mean I was pretty clear on how long it exactly was but they somehow still messed it up.Vanessa : (blank stare)(Poker hand takes place where DN loses to a rivered bigger fullhouse)Daniel: I'm telling you, these cash games on TV are just so brutal to me. That happened to me like 5 times alone on High Stakes Poker.DCJ001: (quickly interjects) Actually Daniel that precise scenario happened to you only twice on HSP. Once on season 1, vs Sammy Farha where you both flopped sets and once on season 5 vs Patrick Antonious where you both flopped 2 pair and rivered a full house. If you want to count the quads hand vs gus, I guess you can but you clearly said fullhouse vs fullhouse. Even that one though, would leave you at three (3) times, leaving you two (2) times short than what you just claimed. (DCJ then flops top pair with AJ in a 3 bet pot and stacks off for 300bbs on a JT8 flop to Vanessa Rousso)Jason Mercier: Wow that had to be the biggest pot yet on this show!DCJ001: (out of chips and about to leave the table) NO ACTUALLY THERE WAS A BIGGER POT PLAYED BY DAVID "VIFFER" PEAT AND ANTOINIO ESFANDIARI. (pulls out smartphone, types on it for a bit and shows it to Mercier)Jason Mercier: Did you really just show me a wikipedia page to prove me wrong? (looks at him and laughs)(DCJ001 exits stage right)Phil Hellmuth: What a whiny little bitch. And I thought Barry Greenstein was a miserable prick.Barry Greenstein: **** you.

Chris Rose : Welcome to another week here at the big game, and we have a new loose cannon, DCJ001. He's been doing everything he could to get on this show for a long time and he finally made it.Joe Stapleton: That's right, he has been hounding us through every media outlet for about 6 months now and he's finally made it. Let's get right to the action.(Cut to table seating DCJ001, Phil Hellmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Barry Greenstein, Jason Mercier and Vanessa Rousso)Vanessa: So I heard you tried to get on the show really hard for 6 months? Congratulations for getting here! :)DCJ001: (douchebag tone) Actually it was more like 8 months, I told that to production too. I mean I was pretty clear on how long it exactly was but they somehow still messed it up.Vanessa : (blank stare)(Poker hand takes place where DN loses to a rivered bigger fullhouse)Daniel: I'm telling you, these cash games on TV are just so brutal to me. That happened to me like 5 times alone on High Stakes Poker.DCJ001: (quickly interjects) Actually Daniel that precise scenario happened to you only twice on HSP. Once on season 1, vs Sammy Farha where you both flopped sets and once on season 5 vs Patrick Antonious where you both flopped 2 pair and rivered a full house. If you want to count the quads hand vs gus, I guess you can but you clearly said fullhouse vs fullhouse. Even that one though, would leave you at three (3) times, leaving you two (2) times short than what you just claimed. (DCJ then flops top pair with AJ in a 3 bet pot and stacks off for 300bbs on a JT8 flop to Vanessa Rousso)Jason Mercier: Wow that had to be the biggest pot yet on this show!DCJ001: (out of chips and about to leave the table) NO ACTUALLY THERE WAS A BIGGER POT PLAYED BY DAVID "VIFFER" PEAT AND ANTOINIO ESFANDIARI. (pulls out smartphone, types on it for a bit and shows it to Mercier)Jason Mercier: Did you really just show me a wikipedia page to prove me wrong? (looks at him and laughs)(DCJ001 exits stage right)Phil Hellmuth: What a whiny little bitch. And I thought Barry Greenstein was a miserable prick.Barry Greenstein: **** you.
Exactly. Brilliant.
This shit is just too funny, also lurbz you should drink and post in the hhaha I'm drunk thread more so I don't look like a complete alcoholic.
This shit is just too funny, also lurbz you should drink and post in the hhaha I'm drunk thread more so I don't look like a complete alcoholic.
currently drinkingprob wont remember to post in drunk thread

I wasnt the biggest fan of Troy. Kind of a DB if you ask me. Just another player that thinks they are way better than they are. He mentioned grinding harder than anyone there, getting into shit with Viffer and Rahim (not that that wasnt called for, but youre on a show and he's an idiot just let him be), and I think the exact quote was "Im probably the best producer for 100 miles. Artists love being produced by me." I dont know, he was a bit unsavory for me.Plus he reminded me of this guy:benny.jpg"I got 5 kids to feed!!"HAHAHAI'll give him this though, his raps were pretty good....

To be completely honest, Daniel...I thought the show was great. I think the format is pretty brilliant, actually. It brings in a player that the audience can relate to and gives him incentive to really gambool it up, especially toward the end. I bet the pro's like it too, because to them, it's pretty much free 100k in dead money at the table. The first guy was pretty awful, but his winning 3 out of 4 with KK against Hellmuth was hilarious. Poor Phil, guy can't catch a break. I don't know why anyone would care about the set at all. People watch these shows to see good poker and, most importantly, to see good table talk. And this show has plenty of both.I think the announcers are pretty decent. There's good analysis and they minimize the cheese-ball comments.Also, Phil Laak is pretty much my favorite person on the planet.

It'd be funny?I guess that, after thinking about it for a minute, whether I go broke in the first show, or double up at the end of the first week, choose to play a second week and double up again, with a profit of $300,000, it would be pretty funny.
If you start with $100,000 and double up twice you do not have $300,000. DUCY?Math like that, you're guaranteed to walk away with $300k. Fo' sho'.
If you start with $100,000 and double up twice you do not have $300,000. DUCY?Math like that, you're guaranteed to walk away with $300k. Fo' sho'.
Possibly one of my most favorite things in the world* is when the person making a douchebag comment looks like the douche*world = on fcp
Possibly one of my most favorite things in the world* is when the person making a douchebag comment looks like the douche*world = on fcp
thats was funny, I was hopeing someone busted Troy but when Viffer posterrized him with that bluff i actually felt bad for the guy.But he did deserve it.
Jeez. I really do feel an ass. I wasn't trying to be a douche though, just thought it was funny. Kinda backfired though.
Jeez. I really do feel an ass. I wasn't trying to be a douche though, just thought it was funny. Kinda backfired though.
That's okay, Tim. No harm done.But you and DNA did add some serious humor to the thread, though.
Post the youtube links. Maybe the fine folks at FCP could give you some pointers.
No way he wants to give away his identity and spoil the fact that he has like 4 FCP accounts and many joke accounts directed towards him. Can't wait to see him on the show though! Gl!!!

The concept of the show is great: Regular people can qualify for the show through a series of online freerolls, showing that they can play the game. After which, they submit audition videos, a small number of players are chosen to be staked with $100,000, and, if they finish with more than $100,000, they loose cannons keep the profit.But, from what I understand (through a PokerStars rep on 2+2), some of the loose cannons didn't go through any of the online qualifying tournaments. Some of the loose cannons have been simply selected to play based on other criteria, such as who they are or who they know. From what I understand, this weeks loose cannon - Aaron Jensen - did not go through the online qualifying tournaments. This is disappointing, and it's similar to a tournament at the WSOP a couple of years ago (not sure which one?), in which all of the players needed to qualify. But a couple of additional players, including PH, were added to the field as sponsors choices. A lot of people weren't happy with the way that the event was set up. It didn't seem fair.The Big Game is a great show. But, hopefully, there will be more regular people being brought in to play through the online qualifiers and video auditions.

Wow, Tony G really got coolered this week. I feel bad for him, but I mostly feel bad for myself, because he makes the show really entertaining and I didn't want to see him go. Though the Jonah Hill guy is pretty funny and likable.The Loose Canon this week seems pretty decent, though I think his strategy to simply keep betting and be really aggressive will backfire. Daniel was obviously onto his continual continuation bets (that sounds awkward) when he check-raised him on the flop at some point.Anyway, still a good show, and this week should be pretty interesting.(What, I'm posting about poker? Is something wrong?)

The concept of the show is great: Regular people can qualify for the show through a series of online freerolls, showing that they can play the game. After which, they submit audition videos, a small number of players are chosen to be staked with $100,000, and, if they finish with more than $100,000, they loose cannons keep the profit.But, from what I understand (through a PokerStars rep on 2+2), some of the loose cannons didn't go through any of the online qualifying tournaments. Some of the loose cannons have been simply selected to play based on other criteria, such as who they are or who they know. From what I understand, this weeks loose cannon - Aaron Jensen - did not go through the online qualifying tournaments. This is disappointing, and it's similar to a tournament at the WSOP a couple of years ago (not sure which one?), in which all of the players needed to qualify. But a couple of additional players, including PH, were added to the field as sponsors choices. A lot of people weren't happy with the way that the event was set up. It didn't seem fair.The Big Game is a great show. But, hopefully, there will be more regular people being brought in to play through the online qualifiers and video auditions.
Oh no! I smell a lawsuit!!!

this week is a vast improvement over last. if another loose cannon says, "give me aces and you'll see loose play" i may put my fist through something*.* i'm not really violent. this can probably be read as, "i'll frown really intently-- and possibly: ROLL MY EYES!-- at the screen to let them know i am displeased.