The Pokerstar.net The Big Game

There are/were a ton of shit poker shows. This is not one of them.Complaints and criticism will come, but this is a TV show first and foremost. Hard core players/critics need to keep this in mind. This show is very watchable and is great for poker overall, especially to help bring in the new prospects.I've met Amanda briefly a couple times and she was always super nice. Seems very down to earth, genuine and cool. Great choice for a host imo. Is this her only gig now? never saw her around the Series/pokeroad/ etc...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Pokerstars and Full Tilt dont get along , especially with normal Pokerstars pros not being allowed to play on PAD...It looks like you arent going to allow Full Tilt pros on this show...I think this is a disservice to the concept of the show as there are a lot of interesting characters, legends and personalities that we will miss out on...Is it 100% that we wont see any Full Tilt pros ever??
Daniel said:
1. We invited ALL pros from all sites. PokerStars is the title sponsor, but I thought it was important that we invited all poker players. We invited The FTP pros as well, but they have decided not to support our show. If we had JUST Stars pros and unaffiliated pros I think the show loses some of it's legitimacy so it felt like the right thing to do, inviting everyone "kum bay ya."2. Incentive is offered to the LC to continue to play, a 50K NAPT passport with loads of press opportunities etc. and a chance for them to make a name for themselves if they want to. Obviously if someone is up an amount that is significant to them, they have every right to tighten up. If someone is up just $7000, though, they may decide to play another week and try for that passport. They absolutely have mathematical incentive to ALWAYS play, much like on Deal or No Deal. On that show, taking the deal is always costing them EV, but some will do it because the money is important to them.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/37/telev...t=#post19702036
my only gripe is that the show needs sammy farha.
QFT
I liked the show and thought it was very entertaining for late night tv. I like the set and the loose cannon idea. Its new and different but with some of the same things you come to expect on a poker show. I think amateurs will love it! :club:
QFTIf the show is all about Joe Blow poker player winning or losing...shouldn't the pros be happy for him to win, especially when it's not their money he wins.And come on..he won 3 out of 4 being a 90% dog to Phil Hellmuth..can any of you say you didn't get a chubby watching that?

Googled Jason Calcanis - pretty impressive. Check out his blog: http://calacanis.com/. Electric supercars, airplanes, wow...seems like a nice guy (and dad) too. I missed the very beginning of the show - how did they pick an amateur in addition to the LC or do they do this every week?

Googled Jason Calcanis - pretty impressive. Check out his blog: http://calacanis.com/. Electric supercars, airplanes, wow...seems like a nice guy (and dad) too. I missed the very beginning of the show - how did they pick an amateur in addition to the LC or do they do this every week?
They didn't specifically say something, but since Amanda Leatherman stressed after each show that "if you have the money, you are always welcome" I guess that's just what they'll do.
what happens if the loose cannon goes broke the first day do they just play 5 handed the rest of the week?
no..Daniel mentioned another pro will sit in.
what happens if the loose cannon goes broke the first day do they just play 5 handed the rest of the week?
Casting: The first week we did use mainly familiar faces, but you will see that on our show more new pros get an opportunity to play than on any other televised show out there. It will NOT be the "same old, same old" that you are used to. We'll have tons of new great players showing up over the next few weeks including: Eugene Katchalov, Prahlad Friedman, Lex Veldius, Chau Giang, Dani Stern, Isaac Haxton, Justin Bonomo, Vanessa Rousso, Abe Mosseri, Jason Mercier, etc. Also guys, you should understand that sometimes the LC is going to bust and he'll be replaced by a pro and the show will go on! It will be 6 pros playing for the remainder of the week when that occurs.One week in particular I think you guys are really going to like: LC, Dani Stern, Prahlad Friedman, Eugene Katchalov, myself, and Phil Hellmuth. You'll really enjoy the poker that week I think. Some very interesting hands come up.

My favorite moment of this week so far...Daniel - (holding up Doyle's 10 duece) "This is Doyle's hand.." to Amanda LeathermenAmanda - (with the look of contempt on her face) "I know what his hand is..."

2. Amanda Leatherman is my best friend in the whole world and I absolutely love her unconditionally. So watch your mouth peeps!!!
So hook me up with the digits son.
Also guys, you should understand that sometimes the LC is going to bust and he'll be replaced by a pro and the show will go on! It will be 6 pros playing for the remainder of the week when that occurs.
I noticed that no one took the LC's seat when he busted this week. Maybe it was because it was so close to the end of the 150 hands, and it wouldn't make sense for someone to sit in for twenty to thirty hands and then sit out.
I noticed that no one took the LC's seat when he busted this week. Maybe it was because it was so close to the end of the 150 hands, and it wouldn't make sense for someone to sit in for twenty to thirty hands and then sit out.
Robl sat in for Williams...

The pros look really bad when they openly root for the LC because they view the LC as a weak player. One could argue the pros are rooting for the LC because they truly want the LC to do well and make some scratch. It'd be ok if the pros could actually pull this off, but they don't. This week was horrible in this regard. The pros rooting for the 'fish' and 10 seconds later everyone giving him 'respect' because he's a 2/4 3/6 NL 20 table grinder that will be SNE by the end of the year kind of gave away their attitude towards the LC. You'd think the pros would know better than anyone else how bad it is to tap the glass on national(kind of) cussing television. As a side note, I don't like the use of common HUD stats being used on The Big Game or the NAPT broadcasts.

it may have been 5-handed at the end because they didn't anticipate two people being eliminated that late, and as such didn't have enough backup singers hanging around.

Robl sat in for Williams...
And then they were playing five handed instead of six handed.
Also guys, you should understand that sometimes the LC is going to bust and he'll be replaced by a pro and the show will go on! It will be 6 pros playing for the remainder of the week when that occurs.
And then they were playing five handed instead of six handed.
Well, yes.
Maybe it was because it was so close to the end of the 150 hands, and it wouldn't make sense for someone to sit in for twenty to thirty hands and then sit out.
My point was they make someone sit in for Williams for twenty hands. So I don't see why they wouldn't for the LC.
Well, yes. My point was they make someone sit in for Williams for twenty hands. So I don't see why they wouldn't for the LC.
Robl might continue playing when the next LC plays next week. But, if a pro sat in for the LC after he got knocked out, as Daniel said would happen, he/she would need to give up the seat for the next LC after a small number of hands.

Each week there is only one LC and there are usually 2-3 guys in the green room waiting for a seat if either the LC busts or a player goes bust and doesn't rebuy. Since there were only 20 hands left, Robl was the only one hanging around and took the seat. That doesn't happen in any of the other 6 weeks.

Really like the show. Did not like Wiggins at all. Horrible player but in his interview he said how he "plays his cards goooood and reads people goooood". Yeah right, laughed my ass off at that. That guy had no clue. Could not understand half the stuff he was saying either. Every time he spoke Doyle would give him a smile but Doyle was probably clueless what the guy was saying he was so inarticulate.

• 1 month later...
One more thing, you WILL have a chance to be a part of this show. The Daniel's Room games on PokerStars were designed to help cast the show with some of you guys who play on Stars. Obviously with any TV show a bit of personality helps, but if you are crushing those games you might get on the show.
I'd like to be a part of this show.This is easy to say, but I'm pretty sure that I would have called Viffer's all in bluff against Troy's queens. It's all about playing the player. And Viffer knew that Troy was playing scared. Plus, Troy should have considered that, if Viffer is bluffing, Troy doubles up. If Viffer did have the ace, Troy goes home with nothing, which was the way that the game was going anyway.At this point, I've qualified for the PokerStars Big Game audition video twice. And I'm going for a third time this weekend. Daniel: Shouldn't the show want someone, like me, who can keep his cool, knows the game and the players, isn't afraid to go for it, and is a multiple audition qualifier?I'm ready to play when I get the invitation.I've posted this a couple of times. But, if it helps me to get on the PokerStars Big Game, it's worth it.
I'd like to be a part of this show.This is easy to say, but I'm pretty sure that I would have called Viffer's all in bluff against Troy's queens. It's all about playing the player. And Viffer knew that Troy was playing scared. Plus, Troy should have considered that, if Viffer is bluffing, Troy doubles up. If Viffer did have the ace, Troy goes home with nothing, which was the way that the game was going anyway.At this point, I've qualified for the PokerStars Big Game audition video twice. And I'm going for a third time this weekend. Daniel: Shouldn't the show want someone, like me, who can keep his cool, knows the game and the players, isn't afraid to go for it, and is a multiple audition qualifier?I'm ready to play when I get the invitation.I've posted this a couple of times. But, if it helps me to get on the PokerStars Big Game, it's worth it.
Based on how often you insult the pokernews staff and act like a pompous douchebag on this forum I doubt your begging will help. Best of luck though!
Based on how often you insult the pokernews staff and act like a pompous douchebag on this forum I doubt your begging will help. Best of luck though!
If I get confused by a PokerNews post, I sometimes point out a probable mistake. Quite often, they thank me and make the corrections.Calling people names, like you do, doesn't accomplish anything in a positive way.If you're serious with your well wishes, as I believe you to be, I appreciate it.
If I get confused by a PokerNews post, I sometimes point out a probable mistake. Quite often, they thank me and make the corrections.Calling people names, like you do, doesn't accomplish anything in a positive way.If you're serious with your well wishes, as I believe you to be, I appreciate it.
Lol @ confused. Give it a break man. Your jig has been up on this forum for years. I highly doubt you'd get picked for the show. It'd be funny though.