The Pokerstar.net The Big Game

Hey guys, I read through the threads on The Big Game and wanted to answer some of your questions/concerns about the show and thought I'd start a new thread. Hope that's ok mods.The Set: I originally didn't like the set either, but the more it was explained to me the more it made sense to have a flashy set rather than yet another set that looks like a living room. Poker fans want to watch good poker and I don't think they care all that much about the set, but to casual viewers, the set is more of a channel stopper. People see the bright lights and the futurist set and want to see what it's all about. So yes, it's not what you are used to, but you will get used to it and eventually won't pay any attention to the fact that it's different.Loose Cannon: A lot of you are complaining that the LC is an awful player. Not all players are created equal, and in the first six weeks I think you'll see 3 decent players and 3 guys who just aren't very good. I thought Earnest was great for the show and had tons of charisma. Not all the LC's had that quality. Each week the LC will add a very different vibe to the show. Next week, we have a quiet guy playing who played pretty well I thought.My Seating Position: It's an absurd assertion to think I chose the seat to the left of Wiggins. The seat draw is completely random each week and you'll see that I'll end up sitting in all kinds of random seats. The LC will always be in seat one, and the rest of the pros draw cards to see where they sit. There is actually an LC who played far worse than Earnest coming up in a future week, and I was in seat 4 that day.Amanda Leatherman: In my opinion, she is a triple threat: beautiful, great personality, and she knows poker. She'll be wearing different outfits each week so if you didn't like this weeks you'll probably like next weeks. I will say, that I agree they put too much makeup on her, she is the most naturally beautiful woman I've ever seen and I think she looks better without makeup on. Her role on the show will increase also, she'll be more a part of it in later episodes.Needling Phil Hellmuth: PH and I are friends. I always needle him, and he needles me back. When he lost that pot to the amateur, of course I'm going to cheer! If I lost the pot to Earnest I would fully expect the guys to be rooting hard for Earnest. He is the "contestant" on what is a cash GAME show. Stats: Most of you love the stats and readers here were basically the target audience for that addition to the show. We felt you guys would both appreciate and enjoy the stats as well as the fact that you can see EVERY hand on the website.Casting: The first week we did use mainly familiar faces, but you will see that on our show more new pros get an opportunity to play than on any other televised show out there. It will NOT be the "same old, same old" that you are used to. We'll have tons of new great players showing up over the next few weeks including: Eugene Katchalov, Prahlad Friedman, Lex Veldius, Chau Giang, Dani Stern, Isaac Haxton, Justin Bonomo, Vanessa Rousso, Abe Mosseri, Jason Mercier, etc. Also guys, you should understand that sometimes the LC is going to bust and he'll be replaced by a pro and the show will go on! It will be 6 pros playing for the remainder of the week when that occurs. One week in particular I think you guys are really going to like: LC, Dani Stern, Prahlad Friedman, Eugene Katchalov, myself, and Phil Hellmuth. You'll really enjoy the poker that week I think. Some very interesting hands come up. A lot of what you are seeing with our show is new to you, and different. I get it, sometimes when you are used to something, anything new might seem a bit odd, but don't write it off, I genuinely believe the more you watch the show the more you are going to love it. One more thing, you WILL have a chance to be a part of this show. The Daniel's Room games on PokerStars were designed to help cast the show with some of you guys who play on Stars. Obviously with any TV show a bit of personality helps, but if you are crushing those games you might get on the show.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you cross some t's and dot some i's, get me on the show man. I once finished 3rd place in the 50 dollar +1 rebuy + 1 add-on on PokerStars. True story.

Were people complaining about the show in general? The post kinda comes off that way, I for one thought the show was good. Yes this LC was bad, but I don't think that's really a bad thing, just an observation. The set took a minute, but who cares really.

Were people complaining about the show in general? The post kinda comes off that way, I for one thought the show was good. Yes this LC was bad, but I don't think that's really a bad thing, just an observation. The set took a minute, but who cares really.
This is just a crosspost from the forum that DN mainly hangs out on: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/37/telev...ers-you-811340/
This is just a crosspost from the forum that DN mainly hangs out on: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/37/telev...ers-you-811340/
There were a lot of criticisms in other places about certain things and I guess Daniel decided to post the same thing in a few places.Daniel hasn't been hanging around any forums recently and the last time he posted anywhere other than FCP before that post was in March.

i for one think the show is actualy kinda cool a tweak in the set and i think its a winner. id also like to know if dn is tapping dat ace of amanda lethermans even tho its not any of our business.also would like to see durrrr on there id even be willing to play him and the toughest table ever hit me up

I think the show is great and I really like the "stats" section. Really interesting to see what the stats are on a few players that rarely play online.

Personally...I like the show a lot. Not as much as High Stakes Poker...But perhaps that will change in the future.Pretty good write up on all the questions that were brought up about. While I think Earnest is pretty damn awful, he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy who was not star struck and was willingto really converse with the rest of the pros at the table. I'm also sure he would draw much more attention from any non-poker players. Due to hisfun personality and charismatic nature. I'm certain it is his personality that got him on the show, not his skill.

The show is produced to attract poker players with the same skillset as 'Earnest' , and apparently there are plenty of them. Other than that, DOYLE must be invited for every damn show , obviously a pokershow can't be successfull without Doyle. Apparently the poker producers doesn't realize that he is just getting grumpier and grumpier by the show. It's sad to see Daniel showing the world his hypocrisy around poker etiquette.... Yeah I'm sure Daniel you will appreciate players outside the pot cheering and high-five'ing next time you lose a pot in lets say HSP. Ah Daniel and Phil are friends... Phil constantly needles Daniel? Oh.. on TV? Regularly? Where? What show?

also would like to see durrrr on there id even be willing to play him and the toughest table ever hit me up
could you imagine if durrrr played this week, and was in daniel's spot.

Meh, I think you're often outta line with the PH needling, even though he might deserve it.No reason to bring yourself down to his level though.

One more thing, you WILL have a chance to be a part of this show. The Daniel's Room games on PokerStars were designed to help cast the show with some of you guys who play on Stars. Obviously with any TV show a bit of personality helps, but if you are crushing those games you might get on the show.
The show's concept is great. A lot of people like to root for the underdog. Earnest was nowhere near the best player at the table. But things worked out very well for him.I'd like to have a chance to be a part of this show. I've played in the qualifying tournaments at PokerStars and I finished in the top 300/5000, 1000/7708, and 200/951. At this point, I've played poker through the three stages of qualifying tournaments. And I've succeeded in qualifying to be invited to put an audition video on YouTube. I looked over what PokerStars is looking for in the audition videos, and I feel that I did a pretty good job.Now, it's out of my hands. Hopefully, the people who choose the Loose Cannons will see my video and say, "This guy looks like he would do great on the show. Let's give him a shot!"
The show's concept is great. A lot of people like to root for the underdog. Earnest was nowhere near the best player at the table. But things worked out very well for him.I'd like to have a chance to be a part of this show. I've played in the qualifying tournaments at PokerStars and I finished in the top 300/5000, 1000/7708, and 200/951. At this point, I've played poker through the three stages of qualifying tournaments. And I've succeeded in qualifying to be invited to put an audition video on YouTube. I looked over what PokerStars is looking for in the audition videos, and I feel that I did a pretty good job.Now, it's out of my hands. Hopefully, the people who choose the Loose Cannons will see my video and say, "This guy looks like he would do great on the show. Let's give him a shot!"
csb

1. If I'm in a pot with an LC and he gets lucky and doubles up through me, I would hope that not just the players at the table, but everyone watching would be happy for that guy and cheer for him. You have one contestant who needs the money, and the rest are professional poker players. If one pot busts them, then they shouldn't be in the game.2. Amanda Leatherman is my best friend in the whole world and I absolutely love her unconditionally. So watch your mouth peeps!!!

I liked the show and thought it was very entertaining for late night tv. I like the set and the loose cannon idea. Its new and different but with some of the same things you come to expect on a poker show. I think amateurs will love it! :club:

Personally, I liked the set. It was more enlightening than most poker tv sets; Dark, Drab, Etc. I wish that more Fox stations carried it. I set my Dish Network DVR to find the show, and it still can't find it. My couch is more comfortable than my computer chair, and my TV is much bigger than my laptop screen. :club: If MacBook Pros only came with HDMI...

I think the show is great for what it is....Itsa game show mixed in with Poker after Dark...The rules arent hokey like the other show you were involved with Daniel..Also like Face the Ace..This show has the appeal of a game show, without ruining the rules of the game..yes there is a 150 hand minimum, yes its pot limit pre flop ..But this makes the game interesting...The personalities add to the show definetely..The one problem i have with is the term Loose Cannon...Obviously Earnest wasnt a loose cannon, he was definetely weak tight....But I get the fact you need a term for the contestant..I really like the show and look forward to seeing more...Please get more of Tony G and Hellmuth...Also Daniel, what sort of contract obligations are there?I know Pokerstars and Full Tilt dont get along , especially with normal Pokerstars pros not being allowed to play on PAD...It looks like you arent going to allow Full Tilt pros on this show...I think this is a disservice to the concept of the show as there are a lot of interesting characters, legends and personalities that we will miss out on...Is it 100% that we wont see any Full Tilt pros ever??

Jennifer used to his best friend until a couple of weeks ago when he all of the sudden started to laugh out loud at Bobby's Room after Doyle hit a runner runner flush to beat her in a $672.000 pot.