For Our New Resident Thumper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Atheist will arrogantly spout that the Bible and its message is false2. When you respond to them how they talked to you, they will remind you that the Bible says don't do that.3. They will not understand why this is hilarious.
If I were to point out that you are not following the standards of the bible, it's not because I believe in the bible, but because you do. If you don't follow its standards that makes you a hypocrite. I could point that out and also reject the bible as false. Why would that be hilarious? (I'm not accusing you of not following the bible)
If I were to point out that you are not following the standards of the bible, it's not because I believe in the bible, but because you do. If you don't follow its standards that makes you a hypocrite. I could point that out and also reject the bible as false. Why would that be hilarious? (I'm not accusing you of not following the bible)
Yea, you are mostly right. I get why people want to use the standards of the Bible to judge others, but not themselves.But I only turn the other cheek every now and then.Today was not one of the thens...
Yea, you are mostly right. I get why people want to use the standards of the Bible to judge others, but not themselves.
I think you're smarter than this comment makes you look.
There are three things you can guarantee in this section.1. Atheist will arrogantly spout that the Bible and its message is false2. When you respond to them how they talked to you, they will remind you that the Bible says don't do that.3. They will not understand why this is hilarious.Therefore there are two rules I adhere to in this section.1. Don't cast pearls before swine ( fail at this often but what you going to do )2. Return all insults back in an equal fashion, then enjoy the show.
It makes your argument less credible imo. I mean I could be wrong but I think you yourself have pointed out that insults don't make for a good argument. So as I believe vb pointed out, that makes you kind of a hypocrite. I mean, you are on God's side of this, shouldn't you have the power to let things roll off your back? Shouldn't you have more patience? You know, patience is a virtue and all that jazz. I mean if I was in your shoes and I knew my eternity was golden, I surely wouldn't worry about what a bunch of heathens said to me. Shit, they are about to get a rude awakening, mirite? But instead you feed the flames and then get a bit offended and start your own fire. Oh well, just rambling. Either way, it's all just entertainment anyway. Carry on.
It makes your argument less credible imo. I mean I could be wrong but I think you yourself have pointed out that insults don't make for a good argument. So as I believe vb pointed out, that makes you kind of a hypocrite. I mean, you are on God's side of this, shouldn't you have the power to let things roll off your back? Shouldn't you have more patience? You know, patience is a virtue and all that jazz. I mean if I was in your shoes and I knew my eternity was golden, I surely wouldn't worry about what a bunch of heathens said to me. Shit, they are about to get a rude awakening, mirite? But instead you feed the flames and then get a bit offended and start your own fire. Oh well, just rambling. Either way, it's all just entertainment anyway. Carry on.
I see what you're saying. I don't see it this way though. People like Soldzer, who I don't anything about other than he pops in, makes the most incendiary remarks he cans, then runs like a girl, are the ones that I do this too. So I posted an equally incendiary post towards him.Then people act like I started it, remind me that I am a hypocrite for it, all while giving people like Soldzer a pass for being a troll.Repeat ad infinitum.So yes, I should be a better representative of Christ and only be positive and not fall into negative attacks. And Yes, I do get heaven..which is nice.So I will take your advice and try to begin doing this.It will be boring in here though.It will be your fault.
I'm sorry you feel this way.
I am sorry that my conduct has led you to this conclusion
On behalf of all the Christians trying desperately not to alienate all the people heading to hell on this forum. I accept your apology.
I see what you're saying. I don't see it this way though. People like Soldzer, who I don't anything about other than he pops in, makes the most incendiary remarks he cans, then runs like a girl, are the ones that I do this too. So I posted an equally incendiary post towards him.Then people act like I started it, remind me that I am a hypocrite for it, all while giving people like Soldzer a pass for being a troll.Repeat ad infinitum.So yes, I should be a better representative of Christ and only be positive and not fall into negative attacks. And Yes, I do get heaven..which is nice.So I will take your advice and try to begin doing this.It will be boring in here though.It will be your fault.
Oh don't get me wrong, I know you aren't the only one in here that likes to throw around insults, it's just that as a believer in Christ and all he stands for, I, probably incorrectly, expect more from your end. I mean come on, they are all heathens, of course I expect insults from them.In regards to your last line...DAMMIT
On behalf of all the Christian's trying desperately not to alienate all the people heading to hell on this forum. I accept your apology.
And as a Christian who believes in the true way of asking forgiveness..I will not continue in the sin..Except with VB..he likes me insulting him. And I him me do.
Oh don't get me wrong, I know you aren't the only one in here that likes to throw around insults, it's just that as a believer in Christ and all he stands for, I, probably incorrectly, expect more from your end. I mean come on, they are all heathens, of course I expect insults from them.In regards to your last line...DARNIT
Yea, but when the 'angry guy' in the forum tells me that I come across a little angry...it made me pause.I had to apologize to BigD a few years back when I went to far. I let myself forget how much I have been forgiven, and as such need to be much more forgiving towards others.So I think you for reminding me that there are more important things than winning an internet fight.Like being light in a dark world, like Bravey is.Now where do I put my new 'converts' since I don't have a basement?
Yea, but when the 'angry guy' in the forum tells me that I come across a little angry...it made me pause.I had to apologize to BigD a few years back when I went to far. I let myself forget how much I have been forgiven, and as such need to be much more forgiving towards others.So I think you for reminding me that there are more important things than winning an internet fight.Like being light in a dark world, like Bravey is.Now where do I put my new 'converts' since I don't have a basement?
Garage? Shed? Under the deck?
Hey, we've got to do unto others as we would have them unto us do to us also, right?
As long as no one gets hurt..it should be allowed!
Yea, but when the 'angry guy' in the forum tells me that I come across a little angry...it made me pause.I had to apologize to BigD a few years back when I went to far. I let myself forget how much I have been forgiven, and as such need to be much more forgiving towards others.
In fairness, I was needling you quite harshly.
In fairness, I was needling you quite harshly.
But that is our nature on the interweb. To needle a lot more harshly than we do in real life.Gives it an edge...
  • 2 weeks later...
Text book definition of ironacal.
Are you sure about that?
It's a perfectly cromulent word.
Not how he spelled it, it's not.