Degenerate Gambling

This game ended about 2 hours ago. Also if the game goes over during the game it usually cashes out right away

Just checked my account and it still is unsettled

Call off the internet police. My account is now updated

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not clutch.

Glad you won! I'll probably be scalin back the volume for the playoffs, since I never feel too confident on short slates, but we'll see how I feel about my lineup once the weekend rolls around.   Af

At the Pens practice facility and Rick Tochett ends up standing next to me. It took every ounce of self control to not engage him in a conversation about the Rick Tochett Experience.

Posted Images

This game ended about 2 hours ago. Also if the game goes over during the game it usually cashes out right away

Just checked my account and it still is unsettled

Sorry, I misread your post. I didn't realize you said game was over an hour ago, I dont know how I missed that, my bad.

Your gambler/collector/buffet King throne is still valid. Well done on the bet!

Sorry, I misread your post. I didn't realize you said game was over an hour ago, I dont know how I missed that, my bad.

Your gambler/collector/buffet King throne is still valid. Well done on the bet!

I put a larger bet on a cfb game tonight. I need tds

I put a larger bet on a cfb game tonight. I need tds

Got a push on the CFB game. Took over on the Georgia and Kentucky game for 5 units. There were three 25 yard field goals.

I suck.

• 2 weeks later...

DFS+Fanduel merging.

as a DFS only , occasional player at best, does this really matter to me?

lots of things need to be addressed. For example, if the pros are able to maintain two accounts (one FD and one DK) but play both in the same contest, the average punter might as well set fire to his entry fee. Doubling the number of lineups in a contest for the pros is deadly.

On the plus side, if they take the big contests like the milly makers for golf and football and combine the fields, it would be fun to have a two million first prize that I'll never win.

The overall profit/loss for all of the people who play 150 lineups in the milly maker is a massive loss. I can't remember the numbers off hand, but it is significant. So I disagree that allowing more entries has much of an affect on the average player.

The overall profit/loss for all of the people who play 150 lineups in the milly maker is a massive loss. I can't remember the numbers off hand, but it is significant. So I disagree that allowing more entries has much of an affect on the average player.

i disagree. That's why the Crowley brothers are under investigation. They have won the milly maker and a ton of other contests by entering non duplicate lineups to beat the max lineup limit. Those entry limits are in place to keep top players from being able to cover a huge swath of entry possibilities.

http://deadspin.com/draftkings-investigating-possible-collusion-scandal-in-1787208013

Those limits are in place because public perception is that pros shouldn't be able to cover a huge percentage of lineup possibilities. Public peception does no always align with reality. The number of pros who actually have a positive overall expectancy on their 150 lineups is very minimal. If they changed it to 300 lineups tomorrow, the average joe's chance to win the million dollars would only go down as a function of the overall number of lineups going up. I think you could probably make an argument that lineups 150-300 would have a worse expectation than lineups 1-150 for the vast majority of people who would be willing to do it.

There definitely would exist some people who's process and analysis is so sharp that they could increase the overall expectancy of their portfolio with more lineups, but the overall affect on the average player would be negligible.

Those limits are in place because public perception is that pros shouldn't be able to cover a huge percentage of lineup possibilities. Public peception does no always align with reality. The number of pros who actually have a positive overall expectancy on their 150 lineups is very minimal. If they changed it to 300 lineups tomorrow, the average joe's chance to win the million dollars would only go down as a function of the overall number of lineups going up. I think you could probably make an argument that lineups 150-300 would have a worse expectation than lineups 1-150 for the vast majority of people who would be willing to do it.

There definitely would exist some people who's process and analysis is so sharp that they could increase the overall expectancy of their portfolio with more lineups, but the overall affect on the average player would be negligible.

Yeah, I'm definitely referencing only the top players. I'm not sure what the stats are for 2016, but in the past 90% of the money was won by 5% of the players. Players like the Crowleys aren't sports fans. They're computer guys. They (and others like Ken Jennings, et al) have proprietary computer algorhythyms for building lineups. And their expectancy is that their opportunity of WINNING (not min cashing) goes up with more lineups. There are some good interviews with top DFS pros where they discuss this.

And to your point, does the percentage chance of a punter with a single lineup winning the million change significantly if Jennings can put in 1000 lineups instead of 500? Probably not measurably. But I think Jennings chance of winning it increases a little more.

Ken Jennings...that's the Jeopardy guy, right?

lol. No. same name. Probably just as smart. I interviewed him last year. He has his own computer program for dfs that includes, for baseball, high or low ball hitters vs high and low strike calling umpires in his stats lines.
  • Like 1

Peter Jennings is the man. I listen to his podcast with him, Al Zeidenfeld, and Adam Levitan every week.

absolutely the man. The Crowley bros too. How much does Jennings reveal on his Podcast? I interviewed him and he came back after the interview and asked me to scrap most of it because he said too much about the input points for his baseball program.

They just go game by game each week and talk about the players they like and dislike. He is very open and honest. Doesn't try to hide the plays he really likes or anything. Doesn't go into detail at all about his actual lineup inputting process, just talks plays and matchups and pricing and whatnot.

Adam Levitan and Al Zeidenfeld are also really sharp guys, and the three of them have a really good rapport and chemistry together.

I highly recommend the podcast: it's called Daily fantasy football Edge.

Do you guys know fanvice? Anyone use it?

Turns out a friend I do pools with is now a writer for them. Hockey+MMA I think.

curious if anyone has had any experience with this site, or others that are pay for info.

Does it produce fake news?

I think just fake advice.

Think of it as the same thing as the replies I provide to you on here about your fantasy hockey questions, but there you have to pay for it. Here, you get it for free from me!

• Like 1