Degenerate Gambling

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not clutch.

Glad you won! I'll probably be scalin back the volume for the playoffs, since I never feel too confident on short slates, but we'll see how I feel about my lineup once the weekend rolls around.   Af

At the Pens practice facility and Rick Tochett ends up standing next to me. It took every ounce of self control to not engage him in a conversation about the Rick Tochett Experience.

Posted Images

I don’t want any Canadian team to win the cup other than the leafs

I agree to this. I am pulling hard for Ovie. I just want Vegas to lose.

So I made a bet on the rays/angels over 7.5 because archer has been brutal this year. No scoring for the first 5 innings Than boom 8 runs and get one in the bottom of the 9th on a ohtani home run

This is why I still gamble. I will remember this for the rest of my life

• Like 1

I feel like we talk about this every year, and every year you guys are wrong. Unless you love the Leafs so much to hate the Habs (or any similar rivalry), you should prefer a Canadian team winning the Cup to an American one. It’s so obvious and common sense I can’t even explain it! Obviously there are exceptions, like if you have a particular interest in a player/team, or there is some absolutely insane expansion team doing something impossible.

I feel like we talk about this every year, and every year you guys are wrong. Unless you love the Leafs so much to hate the Habs (or any similar rivalry), you should prefer a Canadian team winning the Cup to an American one. It's so obvious and common sense I can't even explain it! Obviously there are exceptions, like if you have a particular interest in a player/team, or there is some absolutely insane expansion team doing something impossible.

Its funny your point of view actually makes no sense to me and I believe its common sense to have no allegiance to the Jets as a Canadian. I have talked to several people who feel the same way, and dont see the logic behind cheering for a "canadian team" to win the Cup.

The Winnipeg Jets are actually the team with the least amount of Canadians and have the most Americans on their roster.

Imagining telling a New York Yankee fan he should cheer for the Mets because they are from New York or a Dodgers fan to cheer for the Giants because they are from California..Its beyond pointless...Winnipeg winning the cup does NOTHING for Canadian fans outside of Winnipeg.

The Winnipeg Jets are actually the team with the least amount of Canadians and have the most Americans on their roster.

why does the background of the players matter?

did you cheer less for the Leafs when they had no one from Toronto, and the Flyers had 3 players from the GTA?

you cheer for the Leafs because they are the team closest to where you grew up, your history.

Now your living close to SJ, and recently you were into the Sharks.

Why? Because it was nearest to you I suppose, your history with the clubs or your present day association with the clubs closest to you, GEOGRAPHICALLY.

I dont really care for either side of this argument, as I cheer for reasons other than geography or citizenship, so Im totally off the axis of "what most people do".

why does the background of the players matter?

did you cheer less for the Leafs when they had no one from Toronto, and the Flyers had 3 players from the GTA?

you cheer for the Leafs because they are the team closest to where you grew up, your history.

Now your living close to SJ, and recently you were into the Sharks.

Why? Because it was nearest to you I suppose, your history with the clubs or your present day association with the clubs closest to you, GEOGRAPHICALLY.

I dont really care for either side of this argument, as I cheer for reasons other than geography or citizenship, so Im totally off the axis of "what most people do".

I think the background of the players matter to make a case for the Canadian argument. To me it matters zero. Two of the teams I hate the most in life are Canadian. The argument was made that Canadians should cheer for Winnipeg because they are in Canada. I think if you polled real hockey fans most would tell you they aren’t cheering for Winnipeg because they are Canadian. You actually agreed with me without realizing. I think.

Oh. I cheer for Sharks because I have access to them not because of geography. The Kings are just as close. Not a fan of Kings.

I think the Canadian angle is parallel to the New York angle. I bet you couldn’t find two Mets fans that cheer for the Yankees and vice versa

Apparently Daniel has made close to half a mill betting the Knights. The books are getting hammered.

This early payout on Bet365 is really nice.

I have to think it’s negative EV to ever do it. But I like the option. Sort of like taking even money on a blackjack when dealer is showing an Ace is a losing play

I have to think it's negative EV to ever do it. But I like the option. Sort of like taking even money on a blackjack when dealer is showing an Ace is a losing play

Bet365 pays out if a MLB game is up by 4 runs or 3 goals in a NHL game. I got paid out early in the 3rd inning on the St Louis Cardinals game tonight.

This early payout on Bet365 is really nice.

Bet the Jays today. They are up 4-0 and I get paid by Bet365. Oakland comes back to win 5-4

So how can they do this. Bet365 would lose on both sides

Thank you VGK, for saving me from one of the dumbest decisions I ever made.........(try to follow along on the whole bet, to the end)

Bet Confirmation - HK9074285510I - InternetTime of bet: 10/04/2017 13:04:40

WIN Jets NHL Stanley Cup (including play-offs)(To Win Outright) 06/09/2018 None +4000 To Run

Risk: 20.00 Return: 800.00

Cash Out History

Risk Used Cash Out Amount Date/Time Original Risk : 20.00 Total Cash Out : 19.00 20.00 19.00 10/20/2017 23:41:59

in case you cant make sense of it, on Sept 6th, I put $20 on WpgJets to win the Stanley Cup, at 40-1.

On Oct20, I had no funds left in account, was too lazy to put in more because I had an old card registered, and had an in-play I really liked. Soooooooo, I cashed out the Jets play, took my $19, won my inplay, but then never bothered to bet it again. For months, I watched 40-1 get down to 30-1, to 20-1, to 10-1, to 2.25-1 last week.

But now, Vegas saved me. lol

• Like 2

in case you cant make sense of it, on Sept 6th, I put $20 on WpgJets to win the Stanley Cup, at 40-1.

On Oct20, I had no funds left in account, was too lazy to put in more because I had an old card registered, and had an in-play I really liked. Soooooooo, I cashed out the Jets play, took my $19, won my inplay, but then never bothered to bet it again. For months, I watched 40-1 get down to 30-1, to 20-1, to 10-1, to 2.25-1 last week.

But now, Vegas saved me. lol

Lol that is awesome..

Here is supposedly the biggest liability on Vegas winning the Cup:

@Westgate : $400 at 300:1....$120K

@CGTechnology_ : $500 at 200:1....$100K

@SouthPointLV : $400 at 150:1....$60K

@GoldenNuggetLV : $250 at 200:1....$50K

@WilliamHillUS : $1,000 at 50:1....$50K

Thats a bit surprising to me..That doesnt seem like a lot.

Thinking of the long shot that Vegas was. The longest shot I ever won was a horse ridden by the late Dan Beckon. I was maybe 16 years old and I was watching the hockey playoffs. Didn’t know what to bet so I bet on Beckon. He won and the odds were 99-1 (doesn’t go higher because it can’t be shown). It paid $228 on a $2 bet