Pokerstars Play Money

Alright, I am not quite a noob on these here forums, but I've got a question, and wonder if any of you yoo-hoos knows the answer. I have seen various websites offering to buy Poker Stars play money... is this forreal? I just don't how play money can be worth anything... they offer like $10 for every million. Seeing as how I am an American and can't get money on Stars for the life of me, I figure if this is really legit, might as well try and rack up a cool mil. So.... is this legit? And how the hell is play money worth real money? TIA

I'm a bit curious why people would buy these?Just for fun I guess? Is there actually any value in having a lot of play chips?
I guess to get into some freerolls...?Congrats on your recent success J.
How much $$ do you need on stars? I might be able to meet you in person when I get back to Indiana from Vegas. I'll be flying into Indy
Not much really, I just want to do some nutbarring in some tourneys. Prolly $100. When are you comin' to Indy? I'm actually leavin for Vegas on the 23rd, comin back the 29th.I've tried the Echecks option, and it didn't work.
I'm a bit curious why people would buy these?Just for fun I guess? Is there actually any value in having a lot of play chips?
http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/ukpl/Division 2 has a buy in of 2000 play chips, so if you want to be on the leaderboard and make actual $, you'd need 60k-62k playchips every month. I don't think it's worth the time and effort, though.

Why?There are private groups who use the PokerStars play money tables for their own private purposes. Real money is exchanged behind the scenes and PokerStars doesn't get any cut of the action. By playing on the "play money" tables, they don't pay tourney entry fees and there is no rake if they play a ring game.For obvious reasons, PokerStars does not approve ... and the people in these groups try to remain unnoticed.

Not much really, I just want to do some nutbarring in some tourneys. Prolly $100. When are you comin' to Indy? I'm actually leavin for Vegas on the 23rd, comin back the 29th.I've tried the Echecks option, and it didn't work.
When u in vegas just buy from someone at your table im sure there will be loads of peps wanting to sell Stars or FTP
I deposit using Western Union, I find it easiest of all the U.S. options, def look into that.
I would agree...Except spending an extra $15 (to have it done in minutes) is kind of a bitch. You canspend like $8 and have it done within a day.I guess if you are left with no other options....That would be the way to go.
http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/ukpl/Division 2 has a buy in of 2000 play chips, so if you want to be on the leaderboard and make actual $, you'd need 60k-62k playchips every month. I don't think it's worth the time and effort, though.
Its not the worse place to start a bank roll from zero. Certainly beats spending 7 hours or so on one of the regular freeroll tournaments.