I liked the fact that they finally switched things up and invited the losers into the judging room first. I think that the worst dish went home, which was good...even though she got screwed by not having chocolate, which was probably the fault of Amanda and her big dollar dish that sucked, especially for how much it cost. So maybe Amanda should have gone home, but she's hot so I'm glad she's sticking around.

Douche Ninja really earned his name tonight.
Because he cooked a weak dish or because he then kind of pretended that he did it on purpose?
Also I can't remember 2 different teams criticizing each other at judge's table like that before. They were trying to argue why the other team sucked more, and then it didn't even matter cuz they just picked the person with the worst dish.
Yeah, that was really awkward, and the one guy (maybe from Ohio?) that jumped in first to criticize the other team was WAY out of line, and I was surprised the judges didn't jump all over him. Actually, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be shocked if the producers have encouraged that kind of thing as a way to mix it up a bit.
So it's better to serve alcohol than sugar to school children. Gotcha.
I can't tell if this is a joke.
All the kids wanting to hug Padma was hilarious and cute.
Agreed. I'd want to hug her too, but it would be more creepy and uncomfortable than hilarious and cute.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell if this is a joke.
It's a disagreement with the outcome of the judge's table. I realize blondie ignored the point of the challenge by adding that much sugar, and I'm sure the dish was completely disgusting.However, Amanda completely screwed up on this one. She thought serving a dish with alcohol in it to a group of school kids was a great idea. She's an idiot. Whatever amount of alcohol was left at the end of the cooking process was minimal, sure, but it was still a bad idea and she had to know the judges would roast her for it.Of course, at the end of the day, that entire team screwed up. Nobody called her out for the sherry useage, which they should have, and blondie for sure should have told her to put it back in order to get the ingredients she needed for her pudding.
It's a disagreement with the outcome of the judge's table. I realize blondie ignored the point of the challenge by adding that much sugar, and I'm sure the dish was completely disgusting.However, Amanda completely screwed up on this one. She thought serving a dish with alcohol in it to a group of school kids was a great idea. She's an idiot. Whatever amount of alcohol was left at the end of the cooking process was minimal, sure, but it was still a bad idea and she had to know the judges would roast her for it.
I'd imagine there was no alcohol left in the chicken after cooking...of course they wouldn't have let her do that if it was going to be against the law. Now whether or not kids would enjoy the flavor is a different story. In the end, as with almost any challenge, I'm guessing it came down to flavor, and the judges apparently were pretty disgusted by the pudding, while the chicken didn't get knocked around too much for that (just for not being catered to kids).

They didn't like the chicken, they thought it looked horrible and that taking the skin off was a bad mistake. I have no issue with who got booted but for fun I would say that Amanda should have gone home for not only making poor chicken, using sherry, but also to use up a decent chunk of $ to buy the sherry instead of helping her TEAM put out 4 decent dishes. Without the sherry she could have found a different chicken recipe for sure but by going with the sherry she shortchanged other dishes. Seems to me that this episode had a lot to do with teamwork more than individual excellence. But again, I have no issue with who went home, just offering a different take.

They didn't like the chicken, they thought it looked horrible and that taking the skin off was a bad mistake.
There's no way they let her get away with leaving the skin on the chicken. The other group had taken it off as well...too fatty for the meal.
I have no issue with who got booted but for fun I would say that Amanda should have gone home for not only making poor chicken, using sherry, but also to use up a decent chunk of $ to buy the sherry instead of helping her TEAM put out 4 decent dishes. Without the sherry she could have found a different chicken recipe for sure but by going with the sherry she shortchanged other dishes. Seems to me that this episode had a lot to do with teamwork more than individual excellence. But again, I have no issue with who went home, just offering a different take.
I agree that she screwed her team for little results, which easily could have sent her home...but she's cute, so I like the decision.
this season isn't being shown up here in canada yet. can we spoiler the entire thread for a month or two?
This will come off as mean but I don't know how else to say it...don't read the thread then? I haven't watched the last ep of Hell's Kitchen so I have not gone into that thread. Sorry if that sounds mean, not my intention.
I'd imagine there was no alcohol left in the chicken after cooking...of course they wouldn't have let her do that if it was going to be against the law. Now whether or not kids would enjoy the flavor is a different story. In the end, as with almost any challenge, I'm guessing it came down to flavor, and the judges apparently were pretty disgusted by the pudding, while the chicken didn't get knocked around too much for that (just for not being catered to kids).
My understanding is that the alcohol is never 100% cooked off. As it evaporates, the moisture condenses on the side of the pan, on the food itself, etc. Whatever is left is a trace amount, sure, but it's still there. Added to the other reasons already stated, I think there's a strong case to be made for her to get the boot.Like I said, though, I have no doubt that the pudding was awful and deserving of elimination as well.

I thought that Kelly has moments of being very attractive. Taco girl I mean. And Arnold the gay asian is very catty. Back to Kelly, she looks just like Holly from the Office. Can't remember her real name, she was nominated for an Oscar for Gone Baby Gone. Was also in The Wire as Port Authority Cop. It'll come to me.......nope

I thought that Kelly has moments of being very attractive. Taco girl I mean. And Arnold the gay asian is very catty. Back to Kelly, she looks just like Holly from the Office. Can't remember her real name, she was nominated for an Oscar for Gone Baby Gone. Was also in The Wire as Port Authority Cop. It'll come to me.......nope
Amy Ryan
Also I can't remember 2 different teams criticizing each other at judge's table like that before. They were trying to argue why the other team sucked more, and then it didn't even matter cuz they just picked the person with the worst dish. God that Douche Ninja is such a little douche. His dish looked like some concoction out of American Psycho (this is a comment on how overly-fancy and also out-of-date his dish looked, not on how bloody or murdery it was, for those of you who haven't read or seen American Psycho).Gail: I love vodka!
seeing the two teams go at each other was pretty odd. It did feel a little hell's kitchenish. As far as the Douche yeah he seems to be an ass. And then when he told Rosie Odonell about can I tell you something " I don't like Kenny" that was pretty odd. Kenny hasn't seemed to do anything to come across as a dick if anything just being DN's competition. Yeah Gails response was hilarious.
Yeah there were one of her interviews that I thought she did look pretty good and then the next one I was like nah never mind. Not as excited as this season but hopefully things will turn around.
Yeah there were one of her interviews that I thought she did look pretty good and then the next one I was like nah never mind.
Yeah, I think it's when they catch her, right after going like crazy in the kitchen vs her just chilling at the house or whatever. Cute face, cute haircutand thanks Ginger Balls, you nailed it, Amy Ryan indeed.

I know last season's was the best ever, but I'm a little disappointed so far. I'm not even sure there's anyone likeable enough for me to root for. Kenny is the winner so far, I guess.

I know last season's was the best ever, but I'm a little disappointed so far. I'm not even sure there's anyone likeable enough for me to root for. Kenny is the winner so far, I guess.
It's tough to get to know people at all through two hour-long episodes, with 16 people still in the house. Some more personalities should start to emerge over the next couple weeks. I do like Kenny, although his lack of leadership last week might lead to more issues in the future if he isn't concerned with protecting himself.
Did anyone expect her not to go home?
While watching last night I think she should have been called Jack black. There was one point in the episode that she her antics reminded me of him.But yeah this season hasn't really been that entertaining. Hell Gail isn't even wearing her boobtastic attire anymore. Damn her for getting married.

I was sitting here all day thinking about who do I like this season. No one. I liked Michael and Beardy almost immediately last season. This season is lacking in personalities imo.

he went to a psychic once...to warn her!
I swear, I heard a long commercial for that beer, Dos Equis, I don't know the spelling, but that was one of them and a bunch others had me laughing and just commending the ad guy that wrote all of that. Until I realized that he probably just stole them from that Chuck Norris website. Still though, good stuff. I'm still not ordering the beer though.
But yeah this season hasn't really been that entertaining. Hell Gail isn't even wearing her boobtastic attire anymore. Damn her for getting married.
she looked prego as hell

Dos Equis is actually a really delicious beer. I really don't like the dude who made the fish wrapped in bacon and came in 2nd-to-last. He is really annoying and cocky and seems to have no idea what he's doing. He was like, "I think the dish was good. The only thing that could have gone wrong is if the fish was overcooked." Like, I think I nailed it, unless I screwed up the entire thing. Who can say?!

was it just me or did the challenge just not make much sense. I mean you needed to be in the bottom three to get to cook dinner and the winner from that gets the grand prize? I think this past weeks elimation was really off. I am not going to say arnold was the best chef but I just can't say it was his time to go home just yet. And I am getting really sick of Douche Ninja. This season is really full of a bunch of no personalities for me. I just wish we could get a couple of last seasons people to make more appearances this season as guest judges.

I can't even follow this show now. These people are soooooo boring and not that great at the whole cooking thing compared to MANY past seasons. I do love how I say Douche Ninja outside of this board. Wife is like...what? That guy right there, he is douche ninja.