Is there really not a thread for this already?I won't talk about this first episode tonight since it seems like people forgot about it. The only thing I will say before discussion starts up is there are a few great chefs and some I can do without already.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad, I wanted to see more of the kooky guy.
He is a dick, his restaurant sucks ( well sucks is harsh, not that great), and I was excited to see him go off first. I got more enjoyment out of the fact that a article ran in one of the local papers yesterday or the day before where he acted like some awesome chef and then to watch him donk it up day one and get booted was awesome.Padma needs to hide the tit veins. I don't like tit veins. No one really stands out yet as my personal favorite.
He is a dick, his restaurant sucks ( well sucks is harsh, not that great), and I was excited to see him go off first. I got more enjoyment out of the fact that a article ran in one of the local papers yesterday or the day before where he acted like some awesome chef and then to watch him donk it up day one and get booted was awesome.Padma needs to hide the tit veins. I don't like tit veins. No one really stands out yet as my personal favorite.
I've never been to The Lark. Sad that the last two South Eastern Michigan Chefs on this show have done so poorly. Eve was pretty difficult to watch in her short stay.Edit: Just looked at The Lark's menu. Looks good but very expensive.
I've never been to The Lark. Sad that the last two South Eastern Michigan Chefs on this show have done so poorly. Eve was pretty difficult to watch in her short stay.Edit: Just looked at The Lark's menu. Looks good but very expensive.
Eve was horrible. But without even looking I knew she had to be from Ann Arbor. lol
He is a dick, his restaurant sucks ( well sucks is harsh, not that great), and I was excited to see him go off first. I got more enjoyment out of the fact that a article ran in one of the local papers yesterday or the day before where he acted like some awesome chef and then to watch him donk it up day one and get booted was awesome.
Agree, I had already vowed not to watch another episode until he was gone, so it definitely works that dready boy was first to go.

I'm probably rooting for Isaac Hayes at this point, just because Douchey McWinsalot is such a douchey little douche and Isaac seems to be his strongest competition so far. I also liked Alex, with the borscht.

Finally watched this episode.Wow was that guy annoying. What a complete flake. "I want to set a President" The word is "precedent" you moron.Every year you get some idiot chef who decides that the very first challenge is the right time to "take a risk" (See: Seitan). This episode we got two of them. Low fat pate? I think my wife is hot for Eric Ripert.I liked pre-baby Padma better, but she still looks ok.Have you ever noticed how many Chefs have no clue how to actually sharpen a knife. They'll do this flashy swish-swish with their steel but don't pay any attention to the edge angle or covering the entire blade. And they never wipe and inspect the blade. You're going to sharpen a blade and not bother to wipe it after to get the metal dust off the blade before using it on food? Not a big deal, just a pet peeve - sort of like double dipping with a taste spoon.Gail looks good.Nancy Pelosi on Top Chef? I'm gonna puke. I'm putting the over/under on obvious Liberal fawning for the season at 8. We're at 1 so far: "I love D.C. - the home of my favorite President"

Two observations:1. Padma's tits are HUGE!!!! (both of them)2. Why have a judge with an accent so that it's hard to understand what he's saying?Bonus observation* Why can't you cook when it's time to cook, and have fun when you have down time? I'm annoyed by those who seem all put out by those blowing off steam.

I'm not crazy about the fact that they let in another Michelin starred chef...I feel like it kind of defeats the point, and obviously last season it ended up exactly how you would expect. I don't really have much of a problem with the rest of the choices though. I like the fact that they have an instructor from a cooking school.I'm liking Angelo, he's had some great quotes already, such as "I feel like a ninja" and "I feel like an orchestra". Can someone please tell me how his fish dish was "deconstructed"? Amanda's cute...looks like the girl that hooked up with josea last season. Whose name might also have been Amanda, actually. Kenny an early favorite.I like how Tom said that the black guy in the bottom four "should know better" just because he was top four in the quickfire. Really? You know that he should know better because you saw him cut some stuff up pretty fast?

I'm probably rooting for Isaac Hayes at this point, just because Douchey McWinsalot is such a douchey little douche and Isaac seems to be his strongest competition so far. I also liked Alex, with the borscht.
I approve of "Isaac Hayes", but I'd like to amend the other nickname to "Douche Ninja".
2. Why have a judge with an accent so that it's hard to understand what he's saying?
Beeeeeecause he's one of the best chefs in the world and it's really not all that hard to understand him?

I know it's only one episode in, but I liked last season a lot better. Maybe this season will turn out to be awesome, but I dunno how they can top the quartet of Kevin, Ripert's girl (I honestly forget her name), and the brothers from last season.

I know it's only one episode in, but I liked last season a lot better. Maybe this season will turn out to be awesome, but I dunno how they can top the quartet of Kevin, Ripert's girl (I honestly forget her name), and the brothers from last season.
I am a real fan of this show, but there is just no way to beat last season. However I am confident that there there will be some great characters and food this season....but I still think that the Liberal ass kissing is going to make me puke at some point.
I dunno how they can top the quartet of Kevin, Ripert's girl (I honestly forget her name), and the brothers from last season.
True. I did talk to a friend the other day who's been to both of the Colorado chick's restaurants, and he said they're incredible. I guess one is an upscale burger joint and he said it's by far the best he's ever had. The guy's been to some amazing restaurants, so I trust his opinion...I'm putting her towards the top of my list (although she may have already been there).

Douche Ninja really earned his name tonight. It was a little unclear - I had assumed that somebody from the "losing team" would go home, meaning that DN and Rosie O'Donnell's half-hearted attempt at sabotage had a real chance of succeeding, but instead the judges obviously made a much better decision. I dunno what the deal was with the chick and her gross-looking-drunken-chicken. She got lucky. Also I can't remember 2 different teams criticizing each other at judge's table like that before. They were trying to argue why the other team sucked more, and then it didn't even matter cuz they just picked the person with the worst dish. God that Douche Ninja is such a little douche. His dish looked like some concoction out of American Psycho (this is a comment on how overly-fancy and also out-of-date his dish looked, not on how bloody or murdery it was, for those of you who haven't read or seen American Psycho).Gail: I love vodka!