Belief In Fantasy Gods. Literalists And Fundamentals.

Yep. Snakes really really talk. Trust me. I know where their school is.Perfectly logical. Not.
You would be, like, the worst movie critic ever.
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. If that is the case then Satan, the snake and God are all metaphors.Who do you think that these imaginary characters represent then?If Eden is a metaphor, do you see God as wining round one with man or losing it?RegardsDL
Of course by treating this story as history Christians miss the metaphor in it, which is its true value. It's the tree of "knowledge of good and evil" because in our natural, original state, before language and thought, there is no distinction between things: good and evil, up and down, me and you. The phrase which is translated as "good and evil" here is most probably a figure of speech which refers to pairs of opposites, not specifically good and evil. Eating of this tree "brings death" because it brings the distinction between life and death, between one's self and the entire flow of nature. It also leads to the "expulsion from the garden" because once one sees separations, between self and other, one becomes disconnected from nature at large.
That part is for you to decide.
I know what I have decided. The question was to you.If you do not want to communicate then go away with such stupid statements.Men do not fear putting themselves out there boy.RegardsDL
I know what I have decided. The question was to you.If you do not want to communicate then go away with such stupid statements.Men do not fear putting themselves out there boy.RegardsDL
You have passed the troll test: antagonize those who are on your own side of the argument. It's too bad because I really felt something special brewing between you and I. There was a spark there: something I haven't felt in a long time and wasn't sure was possible any more. I guess I let myself get caught up in it...
You have passed the troll test: antagonize those who are on your own side of the argument. It's too bad because I really felt something special brewing between you and I. There was a spark there: something I haven't felt in a long time and wasn't sure was possible any more. I guess I let myself get caught up in it...
I am always happy to make a new friend but my friend do not shy away from stepping up to show their views.I always try to answer a question given.If skirting an answer is your style, we would not get along anyway.For a spark to become a flame, the oxygen of your words are required just as mine are.Your move.RegardsDL
I am always happy to make a new friend but my friend do not shy away from stepping up to show their views.I always try to answer a question given.If skirting an answer is your style, we would not get along anyway.For a spark to become a flame, the oxygen of your words are required just as mine are.Your move.RegardsDL
Man, you guys sound like you'd make a great couple.[vb, aren't you expecting or a new dad?]
  • 1 month later...
Im rerally sorry I missed this exchange back when. It is so moving to watch two people make a life connection and not to have been a part of it is really disturbing. Good luck to the two of you.