Weird Spot In Sm Blind

Was playing in a live tournament on Sunday and made the final table. We had eight people left which was two places before the money when this hand arose:Blinds 1500-3000 with a 500 ante Folds around to cutoff who has 40k stack and he limps in for 3k. (player had been doing weird things all day like limping, min-raising, or even 7x preflop bets)POT: 11,500Button FoldsIm in small blind and look down at 77 and my stack is 40kBig Blind Stack is 20k What would you do in that situation w/ 77?

I suspect most people will tell you to shove due to your M of 4, but I'm a nit, so I probably limp and fold to a shove by the BB. Then check/fold any non-7 board. You didn't mention stack sizes of the rest of the table. If everyone else has a monster stack compared to us, I might shove instead I guess.

ok i did end up jamming and the CO obv. calls with KK lol. I thought that was the right play when i did it but when something like that happens you tend to start second guessing yourself. I talked to some fellow players that have a solid game and they all agreed i did the right thing. Thanks for the input.

ship ship ship, ship your 7's,... ne ne ne dah dah!

Without BvB history, he makes a terrible limp here. Brush this one off.
LOLI love how every time somebody posts a hand where villain ends up snapping him off because he/she slowplayed a monster everybody says villain played it terribly.

obviously villain could have realized that i was an aggressive player from the small blind that would have jumped at the chance to pick of the BB and a limper but on account that he couldn't even keep track to what the big blind and ante was i dont think he was anywhere near that caliper of play. the main point of this is that regardless of whether he raises or limps im forced to go allin so it was going to end up being a cooler either way.

Read the posts above yours again... that was not directed at OP
Ah...gotcha lol. To be honest, I have been caught a couple of times with, say, TT or JJ when someone limps or min raises AA/KK (I will raise in a situation like that, in general), but more often, I find I can get to the flop cheaply with crap and **** them up the ass, which is always nice, esp when they say "wtf r u playin 76sooted for dumass", which makes me larf.

The more I think about it, the more I dislike jamming here. Unless villian has shown a habit of weak, passive play, I think I'd rather find a spot where we're first in or have a hand higher up the food chain.When people limp in a spot where raising is clearly the correct play, you have to wonder why they want action this late in a tournament. If this opponent has been making a habit of limping all tournament, that's one thing.Instead, our villian looks like he enjoys being "creative" preflop. Even if my read is wrong and he has like pocket 9s or KJo, there's still a good chance our opponent makes the call and we're flipping or crushed...I can't fault anyone from taking the jam line of play, but this seems like a spot you can get away from too.I hate limping here, though. It's push/fold for sure.

Do we need a new thread called "Limping with a monster" ? I've been caught more than once by those incorrect playing basterds !