Yeah I see a lot of people freaking out about it, but I liked it too.

Wasn’t a big fan of Euron/Jaime or the Cersei death, but the rest was good. I’m not sure if Dany the Mad Queen would have been my preferred way for this thing to go, but they’ve been hinting at it for awhile, and really leaning into it this season. Given that they went that way, I thought it was handled well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

I wouldn't say I'm freaking out, but that's only because I've been down on the writing of GoT for the past two seasons at least. Spectacle and shock value are the only things the show does well anymore.

The heel turn was too drastic too quick.

Varys must have suffered a head wound during the battle of winterfell and gone into hodor-like idiocy for him to go about it the way he did.

Some prime examples of the negative aspects of deus ex this season. I read an (unconfirmed by me) assertion somewhere that HBO offered B&W as many episodes as they needed to wrap this up and I think they should have stuck with the 10 eps per season model. They are ramming and jamming shit down our throats to the disservice of the show's legacy so they can go do star wars. Basically, they are doing the exact opposite of GRRM who is mired in excruciating minutiae.

This season they might as well have let Michael Bay take the helm.

--edit

confirmed.

"HBO would have been happy for the show to keep going, to have more episodes in the final season," Benioff said. "We always believed it was about 73 hours, and it will be roughly that. As much as they wanted more, they understood that this is where the story ends."

I hope those guys never get this kind of autonomy again.

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2019/05/13/game-of-thrones-hbo-wanted-more-season-8-episodes-fans-furious/

• Like 1

I wish this would have been posted at the beginning of the season.

3 minutes of GoT cast being disappointed by season 8.

Yeah I agree with all of that. The last 2 seasons have been way too rushed. I’m still entertained though. It’s not the same show it once was, but I still think it is good.

The best way GoT could end, is with a Wire-style montage, zooming around the world showing common folk doing their mundane, shitty lives, showing all that destruction and war changed nothing and the wheel is unbroken and still turning

They were busy. They have that Confederate cosplay to make, and a star wars franchise to bury. They can't be bogged down with dragons forever.

i tried so hard to not join in and complain but they lost when the completely abandoned jamie’s arc. just no reason or purpose to any of it.

the most frustrating part is reading that hbo wanted more and these d bags cut it short to move on to something else. i want to know if hbo could have fired them both, as they clearly should have.

I recently saw an ad for HBO's "making of GoT" retrospective masturbatory production. Then I was thinking more about that and about the video I posted. The main thought I have is that some, quite a few actually, of the actors from this show as well as tons of behind the scenes production types (costumers, set makers etc) have to be pretty damn mad at B&W for screwing up the legacy of this show with this turd hat of a final season.For a whole lot of people this is their career defining achievement and it is forever tainted because B&W simply couldn't be bothered to DO THEIR ****ING JOBS.

How great would it be, if they used Bran's powers to have a flashback finale episode, like Seinfeld's series finale. Having a highlight episode would really be the cherry on top of this shit sundae of a season.

• Like 1

How great would it be, if they used Bran's powers to have a flashback finale episode, like Seinfeld's series finale. Having a highlight episode would really be the cherry on top of this shit sundae of a season.

I'm thinking more of a Sopranos style ending.

Tyrion gets on the throne, and Sir Bronn shows up and points the cross-bow at him.

Fade to black

*sound of cross-bow being fired*

having never read the books, allow me to make a wild and ridiculous prediction: Bran will one day be King and rule the Seven Kingdoms. I dont know why, but I get that feeling. Or maybe he dies next week, I dont know.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

Despite the poor writing and how the show ended up, it will certainly end as one of the most well acted series of all time.

After the first couple seasons I thought this show might surpass Breaking Bad, but that didn't turn out to be the case. As a whole, I would give the series a 7.5 out of 10.

I think I became desensitized to bad writing and deus ex character turns from the first 5 episodes of the season. When I first watched last night I was like "Ok, so that's how it ends. Fine." But I don't dare think about it because every action in last nights episode that I've thought about even briefly or discussed casually around the water cooler falls apart and/or becomes incredibly disappointing pretty quickly.

A co-worker is re-watching from the beginning and he's starting to regret it knowing how bad it goes. At this point I think I'll just relegate it to the dustbin of trash tv and move on.

Not so fast, my friend

This is why I like you BigD, you don't shy from your harshest critics.

I guess I'm a contrarian, because I enjoyed the final season. (Yes, it would've been nice to have more...but I was mostly fine with the story arc.)

It's not where they went so much as how they got there.

This pretty accurately reflects my thoughts on the season.

• Like 1