• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

Prediction: The starks are wargs, but only Bran (and Ayra in a way) know it. I predict Jon figures it out, takes possession of a dragon and his body dies, so he becomes that dragon, and he and Danys creepy relationship gets a little creepier still

i'd rule 34 the shit out of that.

• 1 month later...

been catching episodes all week during the marathon hbo has been doing. i think the hardest hit is still episode 9 of season 5 when stannis let's the red witch have her wish with shireen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was fun. An entire 80 minute episode that's a battle.

was it a battle? That entire episode was shot so dark that I could have been watching the Andy Griffith show and be able t9 tell the difference. Eye strain city.

was it a battle? That entire episode was shot so dark that I could have been watching the Andy Griffith show and be able t9 tell the difference. Eye strain city.

I watched it in a dark room so I wouldn't have any glare for just that reason.

There was much I liked about this episode, but the basic problem of this episode is the same that the show has had since the red wedding.. it has no grand plan.. it's just scrambling to figure out a way to neatly tie shit back together in a timely fashion for a TV show, that's probably going to take GRRM another 4000 pages to do in the books. I think the writers are doing the best they can, but I found this episode a brutally anticlimactic end to what has been sold as the most important plotline of the series

If HBO continues to milk the GoT cow with spin off series, I hope it's an anthology, True Detective style, with one season story arcs throughout the world and history of the lands

that would be great. There's so much material there they could use.

If HBO continues to milk the GoT cow with spin off series, I hope it's an anthology, True Detective style, with one season story arcs throughout the world and history of the lands

I just read today that one of the spinoff projects is dead. One, or the one(?) remaining is a prequel set thousands of years prior to the beginning of the current story. So likely the story of the first men. Which would likely tell the story of the war with the children of the forest and the creation of the night king.

I can't understand why some people are so upset that more people didn't die.

You have a limited number of main characters, and 3 more episodes to go. No sense in blowing your whole load so soon.

This show has set some high standards for dramatic, important character killing, In a way, having the major characters live is more subversive to people's expectations than having them die. However, I'm just embittered that the battle against the night king is not going to be the series climax. My greatest fear is that these next three episodes are going to be the GoT equivalent to the extra Hour Return of the king drags on after the ring is destroyed. The battle against cersei does not seem anywhere near as urgent as that against the night king. I'm not saying the series can't pull some rabbits out of the hat, but there have been precious few rabbits since the red wedding, and the promise of one of them, Hardhome, got squandered in this episode.

The night king's strength was in the size of his army. Other than that,he was just leading a bunch of mindless zombies.

Cersei has both the numbers and intelligence. To me, that makes her the more compelling villain.

I predict the next episode will be mostly recovery/mourning and they have to touch on what's going to happen with John and Dany. The final 2 episodes should be the big battle in King's Landing, with most of the major deaths happening in Ep. 5

Is cersei more interesting? Certainly so. Can she transform babies into demons with a touch, raise the dead with a shrug and fly on a zombie ice dragon? The night King was a world ending existential threat, the danger of which had slowly been growing, season after season. What was the point of that, from a story telling pov,if the NK is goiy to go out like that? Seems like a lot to pour into an army-thinning mechanism to give Cersei a shot against Dany

Overall, I didn’t hate the most recent episode as much as most but the last 25 minutes were so horribly sloppy. The transition from strategy room to dragon dying/boats attacked to Missendei back at kings landing were some of the most poorly executed parts in the history of the show, yet arguably some of the most important plot wise.

The final scene should have been so powerful, but I just felt more bewildered than anything since we got there so quickly and unexpectedly.

What bothered me more than anything was the fact that Missendei was even with them.

Why? They were going to war. What purpose does she (a non fighter) have to be with them instead of staying behind at Winterfell?

Obviously her death is meant to be the catalyst for Dany becoming the Mad Queen, but it just made no sense.

She's part of the queen's council. Her being there isn't that bad. Her role isn't sex slave; it's as an advisor.

Ben Lindbergh on the Ringer wrote what sums up the biggest issues as a whole for me. Essentially, it's just that Benioff and Weiss wanted this over as soon as possible. HBO, fans, and critics were happy to let them go on for as long as needed. The showrunners only wanted to do 13 episodes to cover what's probably two books worth of materials. Meanwhile, Storm of Swords alone took 20 episodes. Rushing everything is causing most of the problems.

I don’t really get why they are in such a hurry. GoT has to be a cash cow for all parties, no? Or did they get so big that it’s too expensive to profitably film a 10-12 episode season now?

I don't really get why they are in such a hurry. GoT has to be a cash cow for all parties, no? Or did they get so big that it's too expensive to profitably film a 10-12 episode season now?

I think it's time not money for the producers. This 6 episode season took them over a year.

I think it's time not money for the producers. This 6 episode season took them over a year.

That'll happen when you run a one episode 55 night shoot that no one can see.

Best episode since Battle of the Bastards imo. There was a split second when I didn't think they were going in that direction, and then they did, and it was more intense than I could have imagined.