Just finished all the books.

I'm confused a page or two back people were talking about the possibility of the hound and the mountain fighting, I know where the mountain is but I thought the hound was dead. The priest tells Brienne that he found him and he confessed all his sins before dying. Rorge took the helm from his dead body. I don't remember anything about him going to the monastery. I must have missed something?

During that same chapter with Brienne, there's a description of what can only be the Hounds horse in the stable at the monastery, and also a description of their newest brother, which is that of a very large, strong man who is responsible for digging all the graves, or something. And the exact wording the priest gives is something along the lines of "the hound is dead," but that doesn't necessarily mean Sandor Clegane is dead. If you read over that chapter slowly, and make a few small leaps, you get to arrive at the exciting prospect of the Hound and Mountain fighting for Cersei's life in the first few chapters of the next book, whenever that comes out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

What if the consensus opinion of book six is that it's the best of the series? Would you be back in? Or would you rather win the bet?
IF I hear a number of reviews from people who's opinion I trust that it's good, then I would pay up and read it. I just made the bet to give me some motivation not to waste anymore time on the books

I'm really hoping Jon Snow will be alive. When he said he was going to take the bastard of bolton, I looked up and told my friend ,who has given up on the books ever since the Red Wedding, "Jon Snows a ****ing hero". After about 5 seconds I realised it was too good to be true and he might be dying.Had to close the book after that for a while. "It happened again!"

I read all five books straight through, so there was no waiting around for the next book. I just realized how much I've already forgotten when I read this and thought, "Jon Snow is dead???" Then it slowly started coming back to me. So for the people who have been reading these books one at a time, do you go back and re-read them right before the next one comes out?

i'm gonna tell you its the best book ever written.
I'll give him my honest opinion. *wink wink*

I read all five books straight through, so there was no waiting around for the next book. I just realized how much I've already forgotten when I read this and thought, "Jon Snow is dead???" Then it slowly started coming back to me. So for the people who have been reading these books one at a time, do you go back and re-read them right before the next one comes out?

I did a quick reread last winter before the show came out, and realized how much stuff I'd forgotten and missed, but I hadn't started reading the books until well after AFFC came out, so this was my first time waiting. I'll probably do another reread in a year or so, maybe after season 2 finishes on TV. I try to look for more clues and hints that might lead to things in the future, but I'm terrible at interpreting dreams and stuff like that.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm re-watching this lately and I just love it so muchit's sad because he was like the safest pick ever from the outset. these books must be pretty kickass, but y'know what, I'm probably never gonna read them.

Thanks for sharing that, I broke out laughing more than once reading it.
That was amazing. The Onion couldn't have done any better.Edit: I guess that site is like the Onion. A+ job on this one.

Finally finished ADWD and here are my thoughts and questions

Too many characters - too bad Martin felt the need to add so many new plot lines as it just doesn't seem like he's ever going to draw this thing to a close especially at his pace. I'm most interested in the Stark children but of course they really got almost no play except for Jon. Martin does have a knack for killing off my favorite characters although like most of you, I think that Jon's not dead or if he's dead, will come back like UnCat.I also missed the clue that the Hound was still alive until it was mentioned here in the thread. Who is the new Sir Robert Strong, the silent knight? Did I miss something there also? Sam, Brienne, Jamie and Onion Knight are other characters besides the Starks that I'm wondering about.Thought that Daenerys' plot line dragged way too long except for Selmy. I'll forgive Martell since his death was necessary to free the other two dragons. Theon's plot line was decent but I'm curious what he and Stannis are up to along with all the others who are frozen near Winterfell. Glad to see Varys back although he's a bit more violent and will have to see how the Prince Aegon plot goes since that came from nowhere also. The Bolton letter made no sense to me at the end - it just came out of nowhere.I heard Martin put up one new chapter on his website so I'll have to check that out.

Too many characters - too bad Martin felt the need to add so many new plot lines as it just doesn't seem like he's ever going to draw this thing to a close especially at his pace. I'm most interested in the Stark children but of course they really got almost no play except for Jon. Martin does have a knack for killing off my favorite characters although like most of you, I think that Jon's not dead or if he's dead, will come back like UnCat.I also missed the clue that the Hound was still alive until it was mentioned here in the thread. Who is the new Sir Robert Strong, the silent knight? Did I miss something there also? Sam, Brienne, Jamie and Onion Knight are other characters besides the Starks that I'm wondering about.Thought that Daenerys' plot line dragged way too long except for Selmy. I'll forgive Martell since his death was necessary to free the other two dragons. Theon's plot line was decent but I'm curious what he and Stannis are up to along with all the others who are frozen near Winterfell. Glad to see Varys back although he's a bit more violent and will have to see how the Prince Aegon plot goes since that came from nowhere also. The Bolton letter made no sense to me at the end - it just came out of nowhere.I heard Martin put up one new chapter on his website so I'll have to check that out.

I agree completely about your feelings about the plot and characters. I have the dark feeling that this series is going to be finished after Martin has died by ghost writers like the wheel of time is going to be.Robert the Strong is the Zombified Mountain, come back to life. I predict some time in the future the Hound, reborn as a holy warrior, is going to do battle with the evil shell of his brother. Sam was addressed at the end of the book, he's learning magic and is going to become a wizard. Brienne is the servant of Uncat and is taking jamie to her. The Onion KNight is on some mysterious mission to get the missing stark child.

Ser Robert Strong is the mountain. Qyburn was ****ing around with him in the dungeons for a while after the Red Viper poisoned him. I'm not sure what head was sent to Dorne, but it wasn't Gregor's.The new chapter sheds a little light on some of your questions, but you have to remember it takes place before the end of ADWD, so chances are the letter hasn't been written yet in the chapter.

• 4 weeks later...