• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

Well that was fun.I encourage anybody who enjoys the show to read the book, it'll flesh the story out much more. I know it really made things better for me when I started reading the book after I watched the first few episodes.I can't wait for my next long plane ride since that'll be the excuse I use to start reading the second book, although I might not be able to wait that long.

They nailed the final scene, I was worried about it, but it looked great. Production starts at the end of next month on season 2. Offers for a bunch of the new roles are out but are still being finalized so no announcements yet. Next season will be epic. Robb Stark, Stannis Baretheon, Renly Baretheon, and Tywin Lannister all leading armies against each other, the Night Watch's expedition beyond the wall... Dany's dragons... Tyrion running shit in King's Landing. At least the 5th book is only a couple weeks away.

to borrow a famous sports quote " I don't believe what i just saw!"

when those dragons appeared

I sat there during the entire credits with my mouth open. I am so lost after every episode I had kinda of forgotten that was where her storyline was headed.for those that have read the books does the first book end exactly where the tv show ended? ( do you think any parts from the first book might still be used in season 2?) I have hated every movie which I have read the book first. So looking to read but stay behind the tv show-- thanks

to borrow a famous sports quote " I don't believe what i just saw!"

when those dragons appeared

I sat there during the entire credits with my mouth open. I am so lost after every episode I had kinda of forgotten that was where her storyline was headed.for those that have read the books does the first book end exactly where the tv show ended? ( do you think any parts from the first book might still be used in season 2?) I have hated every movie which I have read the book first. So looking to read but stay behind the tv show-- thanks

That's pretty much exactly it.... a couple things got changed around a bit for storytelling purposes, but basically yeah, the book ends with the dragons being born.
lol that Grand Maester scene was great...
The one with Ros? That scene seemed weird to me, added for no reason really. I'm sure we could have heard him contemplate how good of a king Joffery will be without showing Ros banging her 15th customer on the show. As much as they showed her early I was thinking she would end up taking Shae's place, but I guess she is just there when someone feels like meandering on about the past after busting a nut.
The one with Ros? That scene seemed weird to me, added for no reason really. I'm sure we could have heard him contemplate how good of a king Joffery will be without showing Ros banging her 15th customer on the show. As much as they showed her early I was thinking she would end up taking Shae's place, but I guess she is just there when someone feels like meandering on about the past after busting a nut.
You need to rewatch the scene, you missed the point of it.

The GM was rambling on, jabbering like a fool while the girl was around, taking special care to say how great of a king he thought Joffery would be. He acted like he was ready for the tomb. But, the instant she left. he was up and on his feet, doing calathentics, and acted like 30 years younger. His whole demenor changed. And when he got dressed, and opened the door, he affected that stoop and slow movement again, pretending to be much more frail than he was, and I'm forced to think he said all that stuff about Joffery, because he knew the whore worked for little finger. I thought it was fantastically interesting. I think the point of it was it show how deceitful the court was, how everyone is playing the game of thrones, all the time, even the GM.

The interesting part of that scene to me was after she left when the Grand Maester was doing his stretching etc and showing that he's in pretty good physical shape and then just as he's about to go out in public he gets all slumped over and appears frail. I think it was a really good way to show that he's also somebody who hides a lot of things.Edit: BigD beat me to it and expanded on what I said above.
YA...Big D nails it below.Seemed like he even had added weights to his outfit to make him even slower than he really is.

The GM was rambling on, jabbering like a fool while the girl was around, taking special care to say how great of a king he thought Joffery would be. He acted like he was ready for the tomb. But, the instant she left. he was up and on his feet, doing calathentics, and acted like 30 years younger. His whole demenor changed. And when he got dressed, and opened the door, he affected that stoop and slow movement again, pretending to be much more frail than he was, and I'm forced to think he said all that stuff about Joffery, because he knew the whore worked for little finger. I thought it was fantastically interesting. I think the point of it was it show how deceitful the court was, how everyone is playing the game of thrones, all the time, even the GM.

Not sure this needed to have spoiler tags. IMO, in this thread, spoiler tags should be reserved for things pertaining to the books that haven't happened in the show yet. I think most everyone reading the thread should be up to date with the show.Also, I can't believe I have to wait another year for the next season. The last episode really laid out how much the first season was a prologue of what's to come.

Yup, eggzackly. I really love the duplicity and conniving on all levels of this show...And the "conversations" between Varys and Petyr are always fun...