• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

For those that have read the books, I cant recall, is A Dance with Dragons the first or second of 2 books that are running in a parallel timeline? Im trying to decide if I should reread A Feast for Crows. EDIT: It is the second book. And I think I will just read a summary (anyone know where I can find a good one?) As I recall Feast wasnt as good as the first 3.

For those that have read the books, I cant recall, is A Dance with Dragons the first or second of 2 books that are running in a parallel timeline? Im trying to decide if I should reread A Feast for Crows. EDIT: It is the second book. And I think I will just read a summary (anyone know where I can find a good one?) As I recall Feast wasnt as good as the first 3.
yeah I believe it is supposed to be the same timeline as Feast.It is hard to tell sometimes what part in time things are happening in the story though. Here is an excerpt by Martin in A Storm of Swords:A Note on ChronologyThe Song of Ice and Fire is told through the eyes of characters who are sometimes hundreds or even thousands of miles apart from one another. Some chapters cover a day, some only an hour; others might span a fortnight, a month, half a year. With such a structure, the narrarative cannot be strictly sequential; sometimes important things are happening simulataneously, a thousand leagues apart. In the case of the volume now in hand, the reader should realize that the opening chapters of A Storm of Swords do not follow the closing chapters of A Clash of Kings so much overlap them.For example in the show, if I remember correctly, Catelyn's meeting with Rob when Rob is in charge of the army happens in the 2nd book, and the scenes with Arya running off and Ned in jail is in the 1st book. Martin did write this episode though, so in his eyes those things might be happening around the same time in the sequence of events, although it seems farther apart in the book.

Well, sheeeeyit, if ripping a man's tongue out of his throat just after you taunted his sorry ass doesn't get the girls hot, I don't know what does. Khal Drogo is super awesome, even though he needs a little eyebrow tweezing. And best learn to hear the Calissie's words, lest this happen to you.WAR!!! Accelerated timeline, I suppose. I'm guessing this was necessitated, in part, by production for the first block of episodes to get done and finish with a bang because there was uncertainty on the renewal front (?). Hopefully the next season (etc) will have time for a more leisurely plotline, although I am enjoying the brisk pace of this inaugural season.WAR!!! Not a spoiler, as I haven't read the books, but I have a feeling Tywin Lannister has a little surprise in store for him, courtesy of Rob. And lol @ Tyrion having to ride into battle...

I got my gf started on this show and she is hooked even tho she didn't read the books. I understand that this show is good without having read the books but the experience is totally different for those of us who read the books. I have so much anticipation for so many sceenes to come. The whitewalker and john snow sceene was a bit off the mark for me, minor off note in a great episode.

As I recall Feast wasnt as good as the first 3.
I don't think AFFC is worse than the first three books. The problem is two fold with it, first it follows Storm of Swords which is probably the best fantasy book ever written, and second it splits the characters in half and certain favorite characters were left out till Dance with Dragons, so people were a bit irritated with that. People really underestimate the story told in Feast, it's quite good.
WAR!!! Accelerated timeline, I suppose. I'm guessing this was necessitated, in part, by production for the first block of episodes to get done and finish with a bang because there was uncertainty on the renewal front (?). Hopefully the next season (etc) will have time for a more leisurely plotline, although I am enjoying the brisk pace of this inaugural season.
Only was the plot line slows down is if they start making 20 episode seasons. The story is just going to continue to gather steam. Next season needs to be 12-14 at least, and honestly the third book might take two seasons to cover.
I don't think AFFC is worse than the first three books. The problem is two fold with it, first it follows Storm of Swords which is probably the best fantasy book ever written,
Um.. if SoS is the best fantasy book ever written, than Crows is by definition worse.
and second it splits the characters in half and certain favorite characters were left out till Dance with Dragons, so people were a bit irritated with that.
I was much more than a bit irritated.

I actually got curious and tried to spoiler myself, but I was unsuccessful. I was wondering what happened to Syrio after Arya made good her escape. It would be...disappointing to find we may not see the gregarious Swordmaster again.

I actually got curious and tried to spoiler myself, but I was unsuccessful. I was wondering what happened to Syrio after Arya made good her escape. It would be...disappointing to find we may not see the gregarious Swordmaster again.

You won't see him again.

There is a pretty popular theory out there (regarding Syrio) that...

Syrio = Jaqen, because he is a faceless man. The lack of him dying on screen has sent people who believe that into a frenzy since it was the episode written by Martin, We didn't even see the member of the Kingsguard telling Cersei he killed him like he does in the book

There is a pretty popular theory out there (regarding Syrio) that...

Syrio = Jaqen, because he is a faceless man. The lack of him dying on screen has sent people who believe that into a frenzy since it was the episode written by Martin, We didn't even see the member of the Kingsguard telling Cersei he killed him like he does in the book

oh shit! disregard the pm I sent to you mercury. I have no idea whats going on anymore.

I didn't say he was dead, no one really knows that. There's plenty of other things to occupy the last 2 hours, I don't know how the hell they're going to cram it all in.

LOL he put out another video
wow this is great. I need to watch his reviews every week.