i love this show. i'm reading the book and i love it too.but it sounds like there was one hell of a story before all this took place. where is the book describing the war that won robert the crown. that would've been a badass book.
Yeah, that whole backstory is slowly revealed in the book ( and will, to a lesser degree, be reveled in the show).That war, and the events that lead up to it, and things that happen during it, effect and inform basically everything that happens in the show/book.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

Thoughts1) Holy F*CK. Sick Episode.2) Not enough Kingslayer. I thought my boy would be a lot more in this episode. He was only at the start of the episode when his dad was raping that donkey. 3) Who does Ned want to be King? I don't understand. I'm so confused. 4) Drago's scene where he gives that monologue near the end is the shit. I want to listen to that before every hockey game I play now. 5) The lesbian scene was pretty awesome.

My guess will be that fastpasstv.com will hook you up
****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this link is not working anymore someone help me out!!!!!!!!!!
3) Who does Ned want to be King? I don't understand. I'm so confused.
Dead King Robert's brother, Stannis. He's never been seen on camera, only talked about.

I found a link that worked from greatstufftv.comanother great episode, although I am starting to notice the exclusion of the direwolves like jadaki had mentioned earlier.

I found a link that worked from greatstufftv.comanother great episode, although I am starting to notice the exclusion of the direwolves like jadaki had mentioned earlier.
BTW...fastpasstv.com is now fastpasstv.msAlso this show is outstanding on pretty much every level
3) Who does Ned want to be King? I don't understand. I'm so confused.
King Robert has two brothers, Stannis is the older one and hasn't been seen this season. Renly is the younger brother who has been around since the story shifted to Kings landing and is in a relationship with Loras Tyrell (the Knight of Flowers). Since none of Robert's kids are legitimate, they are not rightful heirs which is why when Ned was taking down the kings last commands he put in "rightful heir" instead of Joffery.However, Ned sucks at the game of thrones. Renly was smart leaving King's Landing, he knew what was about to happen.Charles Dance as Tywin was great.
King Robert has two brothers, Stannis is the older one and hasn't been seen this season. Renly is the younger brother who has been around since the story shifted to Kings landing and is in a relationship with Loras Tyrell (the Knight of Flowers). Since none of Robert's kids are legitimate, they are not rightful heirs which is why when Ned was taking down the kings last commands he put in "rightful heir" instead of Joffery.However, Ned sucks at the game of thrones. Renly was smart leaving King's Landing, he knew what was about to happen.Charles Dance as Tywin was great.
That made me laugh
Charles Dance as Tywin was great.
Love him but everytime I see him I see Sardo Numpsa...(or as Eddie says, "Brother Numpsey!") or Benedict from Last Action Hero with that eye.

Charles Dance = Always awesomeHaving much fun watching this. Glad they didn't waste too much time on the "Drogo care/'Drogo not care" about the iron chair thing. The wheels fell off the assissination bus and it carrened out of control into a vast chasm of horse manure. I would invade Hell for Daenerys.Also, the actor who plays the guy who revealed the poison wine looks a lot like the actor who played Mikhail in LOST (the one-eyed Russion dude), but it is not the same guy...

Rewatched all the episodes and am really glad I did. I'm not as lost as before, I still don't know everyone's names, but almost everything makes sense now and easier to follow.

Did Ned's own knights turn on him?
Not really. His knights were already killed. He was under the impression that LittleFinger had the the city watch knights on his side but of course LittleFinger can't always be trusted.
Did Ned's own knights turn on him?
No.. those were the city guards. You remember him telling little finger that he needed the "gold cloaks" on his side, and little finger said they are loyal to the man that pays them. Well, the man that paid them ( little finger) wasn't loyal to ned, so that was the betrayal. Ned's knights from the north all got speared in the back.
little finger said they are loyal to the man that pays them. Well, the man that paid them ( little finger) wasn't loyal to ned
i would disagree with the details here. the kingdom is heavily in debt to the lannisters, so in fact they're the ones paying the gold cloaks. i think littefinger's quip was as much of a warning as he cared to give ned, but ned didn't stop to think it through.
i would disagree with the details here. the kingdom is heavily in debt to the lannisters, so in fact they're the ones paying the gold cloaks. i think littefinger's quip was as much of a warning as he cared to give ned, but ned didn't stop to think it through.
Well, in the abstract you're right, that the lannisters hold all the debts. But, practically speaking, it's Littlefinger who literally pays the gold cloaks, who finds the gold for them, and gives it over to them, who deals with their captains and has the loyalty of the captains. They would have backed Ned, had littlefinger ordered them to. Littlefinger backed the Lannisters, surely, because they were the wealthier and more powerful house.
No.. those were the city guards. You remember him telling little finger that he needed the "gold cloaks" on his side, and little finger said they are loyal to the man that pays them. Well, the man that paid them ( little finger) wasn't loyal to ned, so that was the betrayal. Ned's knights from the north all got speared in the back.
Thanx.

This episode was written by Martin, I liked some of the stuff he tweaked. Kevin Lannister, Mirri Maz Durr and the Great Jon making appearances finally were cool. Nice to see more of the direwolfs too.Oh and Syrio's fight was excellent.

This episode was written by Martin, I liked some of the stuff he tweaked. Kevin Lannister, Mirri Maz Durr and the Great Jon making appearances finally were cool. Nice to see more of the direwolfs too.Oh and Syrio's fight was excellent.
Great as usual.Tongue through throat tho!
Great as usual.Tongue through throat tho!
"First you'll have to kill me""I already have"So awesome...HBO just keeps coming out with great show after great show