oxx)===- really like the opening credits. in fact, if they used that look for a stylized video game of the books/series, i'd buy it.oxx)===- i'm on board with the "more show, less tell" idea. getting close to too much talking in place of action. that being said, they are doing a fine job on most of the conversing, they aren't falling out of character or looking wooden.
I also love the opening credits. I usually fast forward through them for other shows but look forward to this one. I like how it changes up each week depending on where things will be happening. I want more action but then I remembered that for the first 250-300 pages of GoT's was imo, slow. It wasn't until a certain point (which I believe will happen this week) did things really pick up and start pulling me in.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

I also love the opening credits. I usually fast forward through them for other shows but look forward to this one. I like how it changes up each week depending on where things will be happening. I want more action but then I remembered that for the first 250-300 pages of GoT's was imo, slow. It wasn't until a certain point (which I believe will happen this week) did things really pick up and start pulling me in.
This weeks episode is titled "A Golden Crown," so that should be satisfying.
This weeks episode is titled "A Golden Crown," so that should be satisfying.
Well there ya go, then my wish i granted and things should start moving quite nicely now.

Wow, I usually hate these types of shows, but this one is f*cking amazing. Every week, I'm just shocked at shit that happens like last week where the horses head got f*cking cut off. I haven't read the books, and I love this show. Some thoughts on this episode.1) I'm sad there was no Kingslayer this episode. Jaime Lannister is my favourite character, I don't know why he is my favourite, but I just like him, he's a prick and the mother f*cking man. Kill kill kill!!!! bahahaha, yes kingslayer = amazing. 2) I couldn't stop laughing when the hooker showed her special parts while she was on the chip wagon or whatever it's called. 3) I want to punch the little child in the face. The one who s*cks his moms titties. I don't know his name, but he is annoying, and I was hoping the little midget Lannister would punch him in the face or stab his eye ball out. 4) Um, the ******* white haired prince died. WTF?!?!?!?! Like he poured shit on his head, and then he died. I thought this d-bag would be like a main bad guy, and then he just dies. That is f*cking awesome.Ahhhhhh I love this show.

Wow, I usually hate these types of shows, but this one is f*cking amazing. Every week, I'm just shocked at shit that happens like last week where the horses head got f*cking cut off. I haven't read the books, and I love this show. Some thoughts on this episode.1) I'm sad there was no Kingslayer this episode. Jaime Lannister is my favourite character, I don't know why he is my favourite, but I just like him, he's a prick and the mother f*cking man. Kill kill kill!!!! bahahaha, yes kingslayer = amazing. 2) I couldn't stop laughing when the hooker showed her special parts while she was on the chip wagon or whatever it's called. 3) I want to punch the little child in the face. The one who s*cks his moms titties. I don't know his name, but he is annoying, and I was hoping the little midget Lannister would punch him in the face or stab his eye ball out. 4) Um, the ******* white haired prince died. WTF?!?!?!?! Like he poured shit on his head, and then he died. I thought this d-bag would be like a main bad guy, and then he just dies. That is f*cking awesome.Ahhhhhh I love this show.
lol I like your post

phewww. thank u for removing who lives and who dies. some other things too....1) the opening credits. at first I hated them, I thought they were boring. But now for some reason, I really like them. I don't even know why. 2) Without spoiling anything, is it possible to tell me the significance of the raven that the cripple boy keeps seeing, or would it spoil it to tell me? If it spoils the future or something, I don't want to know. 3) The guy who stood up for the midget. Why did he do that? Who is he? 4) How do they ever decide who the king is? Like when the old king died, how did they decide fat ass was suppose to be king?

phewww. thank u for removing who lives and who dies. some other things too....1) the opening credits. at first I hated them, I thought they were boring. But now for some reason, I really like them. I don't even know why. 2) Without spoiling anything, is it possible to tell me the significance of the raven that the cripple boy keeps seeing, or would it spoil it to tell me? If it spoils the future or something, I don't want to know. 3) The guy who stood up for the midget. Why did he do that? Who is he? 4) How do they ever decide who the king is? Like when the old king died, how did they decide fat ass was suppose to be king?
1. I love the credits and the music.2. It plays a part later.3. His name is Bronn. He is an outlaw who I believe was in the Inn where Catelyn Stark took Tyrion hostage and he came with them to the Vale. 4. Usually heirs. It was Fat Ass's people who killed the Mad King so he took over the crown. That is why they call him the Usurper. So if he ever dies, Joffrey would be the next King unless some other person sends and Army to kill the Fat Ass and his family. Or run most of them off like they did with Viserys and Danerys.

I might've missed it, but why was Ned looking up Baratheon? Sorry, trying to really know who is who.And the Golden Crown was awesome.

I might've missed it, but why was Ned looking up Baratheon? Sorry, trying to really know who is who.And the Golden Crown was awesome.
I think Ned might think the son (Jofrey?) isn't Robert's? I didn't read the book so someone confirm

Sansa mentioned something about having golden haired babies with Joffrey which made Ned check and find that Baratheon's had black hair thus Joffrey is not the Kings true heir.

Sansa mentioned something about having golden haired babies with Joffrey which made Ned check and find that Baratheon's had black hair thus Joffrey is not the Kings true heir.
Ok, remember her saying that.
"I thought I married a King.""Quite woman!""I should wear the armor and you the gown."THWAP!
My favorite lines from the show were right after that.."I'll wear it as a badge of honor""wear it in silence or I'll honor you again"
If I ordered HBO right now, would I be able to watch this from the beginning?
I'm not sure if they're all on demand right now but I know I can watch them at comcast's website with their service or you can watch at hbogo.com
1. I love the credits and the music.2. It plays a part later.3. His name is Bronn. He is an outlaw who I believe was in the Inn where Catelyn Stark took Tyrion hostage and he came with them to the Vale. 4. Usually heirs. It was Fat Ass's people who killed the Mad King so he took over the crown. That is why they call him the Usurper. So if he ever dies, Joffrey would be the next King unless some other person sends and Army to kill the Fat Ass and his family. Or run most of them off like they did with Viserys and Danerys.
Thanksss buddy. I'm stoked for Vegas.

i love this show. i'm reading the book and i love it too.but it sounds like there was one hell of a story before all this took place. where is the book describing the war that won robert the crown. that would've been a badass book.

Just to clarify, Bronn is a sellsword, not an outlaw. When Catelyn takes Tyrion hostage she recruits people to assist her in returning him to the Eryie and Bronn comes along because it's basically freelance work. If you didn't notice Tyrion and he developed a bit of a buddy/buddy relationship on the trip there. Bronn takes the risk of championing him because he knows Tyrion will repay him.A Lannister always pays his debts, that's why Tyrion gave his bag of gold to Mort (the jailer) after the fight.

In regard to the 3 eyed crow...

The 3 eyed crow is part of a dream that actually wakes Bran from his coma, but that was changed in the show. It's hard to say anything else about it, you will just have to watch things that happen to Bran, it won't make sense for a while.