Great two shows!Since I haven't read the books it's hard to keep track of the characters but

Where did the kid's Mom go to discuss her idea that someone is trying to kill her son? It seems that the King, her husband and everyone are all together when they were all discussing the wussy prince's argument that he had been ambushed?

She was still at home in Winterfell, in the castle. They were out in the godswood, which is where the northern people pray and reflect to the old gods. It's just a small park type place, but it was back at the castle, not out on the kingsroad. Catelyn stayed behind with Bran to monitor him and run the castle, but the meeting was to discuss where she'll be going and who she'll be going with.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

It's gotta suck a little not having read the book. Well I guess not since you don't know what you might be missing. So far I think they have done a great job with casting and writing. But it's funny when my wife points to someone and asks who it that and I realize that the show has yet to introduce that person by name but I know who it is. Have they even made mention that the guy Jon Snow hugged was Robb? I have watched ep 1 twice and ep 2 once and I have yet to hear his name. Also I have figured out who Theon Greyjoy is as well and I know he has not been named yet. And Tommen and Myrcella!

I love the show so far and have not read the books. I'm just having trouble remembering who everyone is.

It's gotta suck a little not having read the book. Well I guess not since you don't know what you might be missing. So far I think they have done a great job with casting and writing. But it's funny when my wife points to someone and asks who it that and I realize that the show has yet to introduce that person by name but I know who it is. Have they even made mention that the guy Jon Snow hugged was Robb? I have watched ep 1 twice and ep 2 once and I have yet to hear his name. Also I have figured out who Theon Greyjoy is as well and I know he has not been named yet. And Tommen and Myrcella!
I think Robb is named a couple times, but maybe not. They haven't given him a whole lot to do. Theon is such a **********, he looks a little too much like Robb for my taste. Ilyn Payne took me a few seconds to figure out, and he definitely isn't imposing enough. He should have been closer to the Hound's size. I think they're trying to avoid naming too many people (like Tommen and Mycerlla) because the names are unique, and difficult to remember as it is, and much more so when you don't get to read the name and commit it to memory. I've liked explaining the show and clarifying things for the few people I know who are watching but haven't read the books, but its hard not to get too spoilery, and it does seem like a near impossible task to only watch the show and have a good idea about what's going on. HBO has put out a ton of extra material and promo stuff, and have websites dedicated to the families and who is in them and what houses are loyal to others, but without an extra source of information I don't know how anyone could come close to grasping everything that's thrown at the viewer.
Ilyn Payne took me a few seconds to figure out, and he definitely isn't imposing enough. He should have been closer to the Hound's size.
Ahh see I thought Payne looked kind of what I had imagined.
I love the show so far and have not read the books. I'm just having trouble remembering who everyone is.
exactly the problem I'm having. I like the show, but at times I'm confused and just going along with it
I think Robb is named a couple times, but maybe not. They haven't given him a whole lot to do. Theon is such a **********, he looks a little too much like Robb for my taste. Ilyn Payne took me a few seconds to figure out, and he definitely isn't imposing enough. He should have been closer to the Hound's size. I think they're trying to avoid naming too many people (like Tommen and Mycerlla) because the names are unique, and difficult to remember as it is, and much more so when you don't get to read the name and commit it to memory. I've liked explaining the show and clarifying things for the few people I know who are watching but haven't read the books, but its hard not to get too spoilery, and it does seem like a near impossible task to only watch the show and have a good idea about what's going on. HBO has put out a ton of extra material and promo stuff, and have websites dedicated to the families and who is in them and what houses are loyal to others, but without an extra source of information I don't know how anyone could come close to grasping everything that's thrown at the viewer.
Really? You make having been a douche to me in this thread sound like you're a saint. All things being equal, I'm enjoying the show.
I think the brvheart trademarked "eyeroll" goes here.
Well, have it your way, but I don't think my comments in either thread merited the replies I received from either party. I bitch slap you all, like Tyrion did to that whiny little prince.
Really? You make having been a douche to me in this thread sound like you're a saint. All things being equal, I'm enjoying the show.
Pretty sure he’s referring to people in real life. Friends. You know....people he likes.He wasn’t being a douche to you. Everything he said to you, was exactly what went through my mind when I read your comments about the show. (i.e. you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about). He was just speaking the truth. It’s annoying for those that have read the books, to read your (asinine) sweeping proclamations about the story, when you haven’t actually READ THE BOOKS. Go ahead and read them, and then contribute something of substance. For those that are having trouble keeping up with all the characters......that is completely understandable. The books are very complex, with many characters, sub-characters, plots, sub-plots – that are somehow woven together in an amazing way in the books. Anyone watching and enjoying this show, should really do themselves a big favour and read the books. You won’t be disappointed. Even if the books aren’t finished.....it’s still worth it.
Pretty sure he’s referring to people in real life. Friends. You know....people he likes.He wasn’t being a douche to you. Everything he said to you, was exactly what went through my mind when I read your comments about the show. (i.e. you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about). He was just speaking the truth. It’s annoying for those that have read the books, to read your (asinine) sweeping proclamations about the story, when you haven’t actually READ THE BOOKS. Go ahead and read them, and then contribute something of substance. For those that are having trouble keeping up with all the characters......that is completely understandable. The books are very complex, with many characters, sub-characters, plots, sub-plots – that are somehow woven together in an amazing way in the books. Anyone watching and enjoying this show, should really do themselves a big favour and read the books. You won’t be disappointed. Even if the books aren’t finished.....it’s still worth it.
Well, here's another annoying **** who doesn't have the time of day for me. **** you, too, arsehole. You completely misread my posts as "sweeping proclamations" rather than "cynically hopeful".

I'm really enjoying the show so think I'll buy the book and start reading it. I have a 15.5 hour plane ride in 2 weeks and I think the book will make it go much faster.

You completely misread my posts as "sweeping proclamations" rather than "cynically hopeful".
I was thinking more along the lines of "comically uninformed."
I have a 15.5 hour plane ride in 2 weeks and I think the book will make it go much faster.
Nah, it'll still be 15.5 hours. Hi-yo!
I was thinking more along the lines of "comically uninformed."Nah, it'll still be 15.5 hours. Hi-yo!
Now that's fairly acceptable and kind of funny, because I will cop to (and have already done so) being comically uninformed about the series and books, etc. Nice work, Troll Jelly.At the same time, those of you who got their knickers in a twist over my posts may have sociological issues. I mean, do you realise how idiotic it is to go batshit crazy that, God forbid, someone doesn't have the same knowledge level as you about something you've clearly obsessed over? I'm also guessing you hate it when someone treats you like garbage over something similar.

Speaking as somebody who doesn't pay attention to silly e-fueds in other threads, and has pretty much just been reading this thread, I thought TheraFlu's initial comments to mercury seemed to come out of nowhere, and definitely came off as douchey.aaand, I'm out. Continue bickering.

mercury: shut the fuck up. you know you have a reputation as an utter douche bag. live with it.me: i'm awesome.this show: almost as awesome as meskell jell: not a troll.

Here's an article from Slant Magazine on GoT. Thought it might make some interesting reading.Game of Thrones overview by Slant MagazineA couple of things stood out to me and my uninformed view. First, this is the second article that talks about GoT being told from a "limited third person perspective", almost as if it were something unusual. Basically, all that says to me is that the writers aren't inclined to share everything with me and either trust the viewer to be able to put things together over time or they know that many viewers are already familiar with the books. Second, they compare it to Tolkien. I can already see this in terms of scope. Third, the article quibbles a lot with the treatment of women characters. From what I've seen and what I know about fantasy novels, it makes little difference to me. Context and lot of life are what they are.\lol @ Suited...Now selling doucheburger franchises...

having never read the books, allow me to make a wild and ridiculous prediction: Bran will one day be King and rule the Seven Kingdoms. I dont know why, but I get that feeling. Or maybe he dies next week, I dont know.

having never read the books, allow me to make a wild and ridiculous prediction: Bran will one day be King and rule the Seven Kingdoms. I dont know why, but I get that feeling. Or maybe he dies next week, I dont know.
I was going to respond to this but no matter how I word it is just comes off too spoilery.