Daniels Blog/ Men Playing In The Women's Wsop Event

Awesome blog and article Daniel well written and props to you :4h:ts:club: :)going back from my 1st tournament experience in Vegas some 27 years ago, I was ridiculed, and told women don't belong playing poker, well times have changed and there is a place for us. Perhaps back then it wasn't as acceptable as now, Thank goodness there are players like Vanessa Rousso, Liv Boeree and Kathy Liebert that respect and play does count. also another good article postedwomen making a slash in pokerhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ... great blog/article.Daniel is one of those men who "gets it" when it comes to women's issues. I'm not sure if he has women friends because he "gets it," or if he "gets it" because he has women friends. But it is certainly nice to see someone of his prominence who understands the issues so well -- and who is not timid about speaking up. :club::ts:4h

Hey Daniel if you forgot this is the United States of America where we are free to do whatever the fk we want to do. So if a man wants to play in a ladies event he has that right. Daniel your a golfer right so what did you think when Annika Sorenstam played in a PGA event. Were you against that?I have been a golfer since I can remember and supported her choice to play, and was proud to watch her almost succeed in making the cut. By the way which event is the men's only event. I must be blind or there appears to not be one. So we are supposed to allow the ladies to have their own event why because they are female? How redonkulous!!So Daniel do us all a favor and take your communistic views with you next time you go back to your home country and stay there.EAT MY BONER BEYATCH IM OUTP.S. Don't forget to take your PokerStars RIGGED NUMBER GENERATOR with you.P.S.S Just got back from my first visit to Target Field and its the tits.

Hey Daniel if you forgot this is the United States of America where we are free to do whatever the fk we want to do. So if a man wants to play in a ladies event he has that right. Daniel your a golfer right so what did you think when Annika Sorenstam played in a PGA event. Were you against that?I have been a golfer since I can remember and supported her choice to play, and was proud to watch her almost succeed in making the cut. By the way which event is the men's only event. I must be blind or there appears to not be one. So we are supposed to allow the ladies to have their own event why because they are female? How redonkulous!!So Daniel do us all a favor and take your communistic views with you next time you go back to your home country and stay there.EAT MY BONER BEYATCH IM OUTP.S. Don't forget to take your PokerStars RIGGED NUMBER GENERATOR with you.P.S.S Just got back from my first visit to Target Field and its the tits.
+1
Fantastic post.P.S. you're*

This article changed my mind, it's points are a bit better than DN's.http://www.pokernews.com/news/2010/06/2010...parade-8423.htmBut here’s the thing. Ladies’ events do exist. And a lot of women enjoy them. Who am I to go and ruin their good time? The entire concept of ladies’ events is to draw more women to tournament poker and give them more confidence, not to drive them away. For many women’s poker organizations like the LIPS tour and the High Heels Poker Tour, the WSOP Ladies’ Event is their Super Bowl. For the fifth year in a row, more than 1,000 women bought in. For a good percentage of them, it’s the centerpiece of the one weekend a year they can get away, spend time with fellow players, socialize, strategize, and compete against each other with some serious money on the line.Quoted from the article

Awesome blog and article Daniel well written and props to you :4h:ts:club: :)going back from my 1st tournament experience in Vegas some 27 years ago, I was ridiculed, and told women don't belong playing poker, well times have changed and there is a place for us. Perhaps back then it wasn't as acceptable as now, Thank goodness there are players like Vanessa Rousso, Liv Boeree and Kathy Liebert that respect and play does count. also another good article postedwomen making a slash in pokerhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&
Translation: You're being rude.

The Good Wife GuideFrom a 1950's high school home economics textbook, teaching girls how to prepare for married life.1950 housewife1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal on time.This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking.He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes.They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner.Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.

The Good Wife GuideFrom a 1950's high school home economics textbook, teaching girls how to prepare for married life.1950 housewife1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal on time.This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking.He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes.They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner.Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax.
time_machine_00.jpg

maybe a battle of the sexes tournament? women sign up to play on one half, men the other half. the two winners meet heads up to finish it for a trophy/bracelet/whatever. cap it at 1500 per side so they finish at about the same time.

maybe a battle of the sexes tournament? women sign up to play on one half, men the other half. the two winners meet heads up to finish it for a trophy/bracelet/whatever. cap it at 1500 per side so they finish at about the same time.
pshawww, like a woman and a man ever finish at the same time.

I'd never play in a woman's event but I don't think it would be "wrong" to. It's sexist. It completely goes against the idea that women are equal and thus are needed to have their own event playing against other bad amateurs, most of which do not have the innate sense of aggression which is necessary to be a great tournament player. It's pretty unfair that really good players like Annette15 and locoencabeza get to play a huge 1k field with the biggest edge in the world just because they are women. The bottom line is that it's fun for everyone and that's fine and I think no guys should ever enter it, but any women who argues that they shouldn't or even cares, is being sexist against themselves. It's so hypocritical that it boggles my mind.

I'd never play in a woman's event but I don't think it would be "wrong" to. It's sexist. It completely goes against the idea that women are equal and thus are needed to have their own event playing against other bad amateurs, most of which do not have the innate sense of aggression which is necessary to be a great tournament player. It's pretty unfair that really good players like Annette15 and locoencabeza get to play a huge 1k field with the biggest edge in the world just because they are women. The bottom line is that it's fun for everyone and that's fine and I think no guys should ever enter it, but any women who argues that they shouldn't or even cares, is being sexist against themselves. It's so hypocritical that it boggles my mind.
Why do you think the woman's event is soft? Do women in general suck or just the ones who enter the Ladies-only tournament? Would a Men's event also be soft?The softer competition isn't necessarily the draw to this event. Some women might just prefer the company of other women at the table. Being the minority might just get socially tedious for some personalities.To be clear, the event seems kind of backward to me as well but I think there are arguments for it that aren't sexist.
could they legally segregate based on gender if they ran a men's event alongside the women's event?
picard.jpgHow do the male/female sports get past this stupid legislation?Also, if I was a woman quite new to poker I'd def try the women only event, if only to avoid thousand of online guys with E-penises at the size of godzilla
Why do you think the woman's event is soft? Do women in general suck or just the ones who enter the Ladies-only tournament? Would a Men's event also be soft?The softer competition isn't necessarily the draw to this event. Some women might just prefer the company of other women at the table. Being the minority might just get socially tedious for some personalities.To be clear, the event seems kind of backward to me as well but I think there are arguments for it that aren't sexist.
I think the women's event is likely a relatively soft field not because women in general suck (or are even worse), but because many of the best female professional players do not participate and because the buy-in is relatively low. If you assume (and I do) that the play in a $1K buyin is of a lower quality than in a higher buyin, and then you remove some of the best players from a limited field, it seems intuitive to me that the field would be of a lower quality overall. Thus, I think Annette is gaining a huge advantage. That said, arguments regarding hypocrisy aside, it seems to me that it is a pretty minor deal to have the event and I think it is pretty petty for a man to insist on playing in it. Sort of like a male fan who sued the Oakland A's last year for not giving him a pink hat on mother's day (yes, that really happened). Sometimes being right still makes you an *******.