Poker Stars Big Game Thread

Well if their coach sucks, shouldn't a coach from another team write a scathing blog about how they are better than them?
you'd sure think so. Get 'em on the blower.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if their coach sucks, shouldn't a coach from another team write a scathing blog about how they are better than them?
THe team doesnt suck..I could write a 5000 page essay, but if you like just go to the hockey forum..BTW we are 4-2-1 this year..
THe team doesnt suck..I could write a 5000 page essay, but if you like just go to the hockey forum..BTW we are 4-2-1 this year..
Is that good?

So how many people do you think wet their lips when Robles sits down at the $4K/$8K mixed game at the Bellagio?He does sit down there doesn't he?

I don't think you understand what shooting an angle means.
Just looked it up - you are right, I did not mean "shoot an angle" but rather wanted to convey that you can make a case for bad manners, but not for collusion.
And Tony doing things while Robl is in hands with other players and then being thanked for it smacks an awful lot of collusion. Saying "Thanks for the assist" after winning a pot in which another player called the clock in an unreasonable amount of time seems to acknowledge the fact that he was aided in the winning of that pot.
He aided in winning the pot for sure; Daniel indeed acknowledged that. But the word collusion implies that there is a secret prior agreement between the players. I don't think Daniel and Tony G. decided beforehand that Tony would call the clock, so it's not a case of Tony and Daniel colluding, but more a case of Tony wanting to antagonize Robl. That this helped Daniel to win the hand is merely a side effect.
  • 5 weeks later...

I went back and watched some old episodes. I found one (during the week where the LC is the old ex-race car driver) where I think Daniel handles needling Phil for not straddling perfectly, and probably better than anyone else I've ever seen. I'm not sure what my point is, but I just thought I should say it.Also, Joe Stapleton is my favorite poker announcer of all time and it's not even close. Overall, I think the show is great. I love the dynamics of the Loose Cannon and I think that it requires very little tweaking (I think a bigger prize for biggest winner would incite some action), which is remarkable considering it's the first time anyone's done something like it. The line-ups have been good to great every week, with a good mix of grinders and gamblers and some especially good gems I haven't seen elsewhere, like William Reynolds. I've watched very little TV poker over the last couple years, but I'm very much looking forward to the next season.Oh, also, Dani tearing Phil apart was pretty awesome.

I went back and watched some old episodes. I found one (during the week where the LC is the old ex-race car driver) where I think Daniel handles needling Phil for not straddling perfectly, and probably better than anyone else I've ever seen. I'm not sure what my point is, but I just thought I should say it.Also, Joe Stapleton is my favorite poker announcer of all time and it's not even close. Overall, I think the show is great. I love the dynamics of the Loose Cannon and I think that it requires very little tweaking (I think a bigger prize for biggest winner would incite some action), which is remarkable considering it's the first time anyone's done something like it. The line-ups have been good to great every week, with a good mix of grinders and gamblers and some especially good gems I haven't seen elsewhere, like William Reynolds. I've watched very little TV poker over the last couple years, but I'm very much looking forward to the next season.Oh, also, Dani tearing Phil apart was pretty awesome.
Agree. this really is a very watchable show and next to HSP easily the best of the bunch. William Reynolds is the Spicoli of poker spicoli.jpg . I also am reluctantly liking Tony G more (used to hate him and still think he is just a mean dick most of the time) but he makes the show interesting for sure. The person I liked the least so far was that cocky buzz-cut Helicopter pilot spewtard...forget his name. What an ass. As long as they continue to cast talent with opposing temperaments and personalities this show will have legs for a long time.When are the new episodes going to start?
Def love Joe but it should be said that gobboboy writes almost all of his hand analysis. I was floored by how accurate most of the thought processes are since TV announcers rarely ever have a clue.He's still my fav tho. Anyone who can pen the phrase "O-M-Tony G" deserves some type of award.
Def love Joe but it should be said that gobboboy writes almost all of his hand analysis. I was floored by how accurate most of the thought processes are since TV announcers rarely ever have a clue.He's still my fav tho. Anyone who can pen the phrase "O-M-Tony G" deserves some type of award.
I was actually wondering when the hell Joe learned how to play poker, but I assumed he just got coached up or something. Gobbo writing it makes a lot more sense. I still love Joe, though. He's by far the funniest, he helps Chris Rose step somewhere into the realm of bearable, and he never gets in the way of important table talk.I used to be a big fan in the early days of Two Jacks in the Hole and I still listen once in a while. I'm glad to see him get a little exposure.

Seat 1 - David Fishman (Loose Cannon)Seat 2 - Bill Perkins (Businessman, Producer/Actor)Seat 3 - David Williams [-$100,000 (week 2)]Seat 4 - Phil Laak [+$260,500 (weeks 1,5)]Seat 5 - Joe Cada [-$ 86,400 (week 3)]Seat 6 - Phil Hellmuth [-$286,900 (weeks 1,6,7)]is the lineup

Two Jacks In The Hole, soon to be renamed Huff & Stapes, is towards the top of my pretty extensive regular weekly podcast listening rotation. Worth a listen if you have the time.

Two Jacks In The Hole, soon to be renamed Huff & Stapes, is towards the top of my pretty extensive regular weekly podcast listening rotation. Worth a listen if you have the time.
<3

I swear my local affiliate is trying to kill the show. They keep screwing up and showing Tuesday's episode on Monday then throwing in an old episode on Tuesday night.I loved how incredulous Mercier was when the LC told the table about folding AA and KK.

the aa is one thing, but the kk is a great spot vs short stack to get some more dough with less risk. +dwilliams was playing terrible.fyi, if you are having trouble watching it on tv, go to www.pokerstars.tv. it plays the day after it would be on tv, or www.cardplayertube.com <----- great video site

Another super entertaining cooler for Phil Hellmuth - God he's fun to watch lose!
Phil coolered himself. He could've easily folded, the LC is never bluffing in that spot and Phil loses to the hand he put the LC on, any set or Ace-10 and the more likely Ace-Jack.

Just finished watching the week and it was great! Kudo's for the LC. I have to say I don't like to see the LC crying tho, bit to much American sentiment being forced out but on the other hand I can unsterstand 'cause it's a shitton of money. Joe Stapelton is my favourite and I'm sad Two Jacks are having a break.

• 1 month later...

Odd that this thread got dropped after the drama in the last week.Really wish Fishman had gotten the passport.Any discussion on when a new season will start?

• 5 months later...
So not going to be on Fox anymore?
Pretty sure that's correct.No reason for Poker Stars to pay to have it aired on Fox in the US any longer.