Poker Stars Big Game Thread

Is Jason Mercier really 23? His success and attitude, make me so incredibly jealous that I actually hate his guts. Seriously though, aside from skills I feel like his very level, almost indifferent, emotional reaction to the game helps him immensely. That you just cant teach, most people (me) I feel are too emotional about the game and that impedes development.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, yeah, WTF?We had three AWESOME weeks (imho) of "Loose Cannon" poker... you can't stop watching until you find out if the amateur won or lost at the end, right?Then, meh, a whole week of recaps. That sucked. I thought at first they were filling in a gap for a bad Loose Cannon who went out early, but they might have been doing it backwards.... as in, a day or two or recap, then introduce a loser who only lasts 3 days... NO.Now, week four, they F'IN repeat week ONE?!?!?WTF!?!? THIS SUCKS.I guess ratings killed it? How could ratings kill that show? I actually sent angry messages to my local station for putting PAD against this... I watched it to the detriment of PAD. I guess I was wrong.This sucksF me

So, yeah, WTF?We had three AWESOME weeks (imho) of "Loose Cannon" poker... you can't stop watching until you find out if the amateur won or lost at the end, right?Then, meh, a whole week of recaps. That sucked. I thought at first they were filling in a gap for a bad Loose Cannon who went out early, but they might have been doing it backwards.... as in, a day or two or recap, then introduce a loser who only lasts 3 days... NO.Now, week four, they F'IN repeat week ONE?!?!?WTF!?!? THIS SUCKS.I guess ratings killed it? How could ratings kill that show? I actually sent angry messages to my local station for putting PAD against this... I watched it to the detriment of PAD. I guess I was wrong.This sucksF me
I agree with most of what you are saying..The show was great, but you cant run it only 3 weeks and start recap and repeat shows right away...
  • 2 weeks later...

when will there be new shows Daniel??You hooked us in with this great show and now I am having withdrawals.

• 2 weeks later...

rick rahim may be the worst poker player alive both in play and table demeanor he plays junk bets with nothing and is basically playing with his cards face upplus he's annoying

rick rahim may be the worst poker player alive both in play and table demeanor he plays junk bets with nothing and is basically playing with his cards face upplus he's annoying
Yep but he is a whale.
What a terrible table draw for Nadya. I've been impressed with how she's played though.
I deal 2-5nl to her. She wins more than she loses, but there are MANY fish there playing 2-5.
Rick Rahim is annoying ...He is trying to be funny but he is just stupid.
the funniest and most annoying thing about him is that he thinks that he's playing head games with the other guys as he's spilling money all over the placefor some reason there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that viffer was going to hit his set against antonio's acesthe loose cannon's call of rahim's bluff with 2 7 was actually a pretty nice calli hope he wins some cashif I was on the show i'd raise out of position - barry would reraise trying to punish me like he does all these guys I'd reraise all in with QQ's and Barry would have aces
I like that he tries to get the conversation going, even though everybody else is just focused on the game. Having a mix of talkative and quiet players works better for the show (imho, ymmv), it's a pity that it's just one guy this time.
I like that he tries to get the conversation going, even though everybody else is just focused on the game. Having a mix of talkative and quiet players works better for the show (imho, ymmv), it's a pity that it's just one guy this time.
I don't think I could handle more than one Rick. Each time he opens his mouth I just wantthe LC to walk over and punch him in the face.Nice to see the loose cannon isn't afraid to get verbal with him at least.Also, sick read of a set on the flop due to blinking.Really like the LC this week...plus his second rap was far superior to his freestyle.
LC is annoying, but not as annoying as rick, jesus
^ this ^. I get what he was trying to do spewing, but some of that shit was just the worst.Howard needed a more little humble pie and focus and a little less talk imo. Viffer shredded him, and I felt bad for him, but he kinda had it coming. And maybe it was my TV settings, but it looked like rick and a few others had really red lips?

I felt bad for Troy.He was playing not to lose instead of playing to win.He also seemed to get worked up from Rick's and Viffer's verbal jabs. As far as I'm concerned, if a player loses his cool at the table, he'll probably lose in the game.This is easy to say, but I'm pretty sure that I would have called Viffer's all in bluff against Troy's queens. It's all about playing the player. And Viffer knew that Troy was playing scared. Plus, Troy should have considered that, if Viffer is bluffing, Troy doubles up. If Viffer did have the ace, Troy goes home with nothing, which was the way that the game was going anyway.At this point, I've qualified for the PokerStars Big Game audition video twice. And I'm going for a third time this weekend. Daniel: Shouldn't the show want someone, like me, who can keep his cool, knows the game and the players, isn't afraid to go for it, and is a multiple audition qualifier?I'm ready to play when I get the invitation.I've posted this a couple of times. But, if it helps me to get on the PokerStars Big Game, it's worth it.

I felt bad for Troy.He was playing not to lose instead of playing to win.He also seemed to get worked up from Rick's and Viffer's verbal jabs. As far as I'm concerned, if a player loses his cool at the table, he'll probably lose in the game.This is easy to say, but I'm pretty sure that I would have called Viffer's all in bluff against Troy's queens. It's all about playing the player. And Viffer knew that Troy was playing scared. Plus, Troy should have considered that, if Viffer is bluffing, Troy doubles up. If Viffer did have the ace, Troy goes home with nothing, which was the way that the game was going anyway.At this point, I've qualified for the PokerStars Big Game audition video twice. And I'm going for a third time this weekend. Daniel: Shouldn't the show want someone, like me, who can keep his cool, knows the game and the players, isn't afraid to go for it, and is a multiple audition qualifier?I'm ready to play when I get the invitation.I've posted this a couple of times. But, if it helps me to get on the PokerStars Big Game, it's worth it.
thats some deep shit
coulda swore I just read this somewhere else... :club: