Poker Stars Big Game Thread

The show's pretty good, and Stapleton really is one of the best parts of it. Only 4 episodes in, and I think he's my favorite TV poker commentator ever. He knows what he's talking about and he's quite funny.I remember being initially disappointed when PokerRoad Radio got Stapleton back after having Nejad, but he's grown on me. Now I'm pretty sad that PokerRoad Radio has lost Stapleton, but I guess this trade is somewhat worth it.
this.and my sister would cum in my face
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DN has been getting a bit obnoxious lately. He always seems to be making fun of someone at the table, talking about "Internet" kids and how silly they are, and celebratingafter someone gets a bad beat. Not quite certain what has changed, but if I remember correctly he never acted like this before. At least noton this level.It's quite odd for me since I always use to enjoy watching Daniel play, but lately I seem to be rootingfor him to lose every single hand he plays.

DN has been getting a bit obnoxious lately. He always seems to be making fun of someone at the table, talking about "Internet" kids and how silly they are, and celebratingafter someone gets a bad beat. Not quite certain what has changed, but if I remember correctly he never acted like this before. At least noton this level.It's quite odd for me since I always use to enjoy watching Daniel play, but lately I seem to be rootingfor him to lose every single hand he plays.
I dont think its obnoxious...Daniel used to be like that even in the days he was a broke 10-20 grinder...Its his sense of humour and he doesnt mean any harm by it IMO..
I dont think its obnoxious...Daniel used to be like that even in the days he was a broke 10-20 grinder...Its his sense of humour and he doesnt mean any harm by it IMO..
Eh..I dunno. Use to really enjoy watching him play and lately he has just really been causing me to shake my head. On the other hand, Hellmuth seems to be doing much better in this regard. Must have one helluva life coach.

Wow, Daniel just crushed that kid's dreams. If he folds his QQ, the loose cannon doubles up off Williams. This week's loose cannon ran pretty damn bad. I feel bad for him. I thought he played pretty well.

That hand vs internet millionaire was yes another great Negreanu TV cooler but I think that it was the worst payoff I've ever seen him make - that guy was so chatty it seemed clear that he was begging for a callDaniel's fine as long as he's mocking Hellmuth and Matasow they are his friends and they both attract derision - if he was doing that to david williams or Doyle that would be a problem but he doesn'tHe's pretty much made it clear that he'll be mocking Hellmuth in any high stakes cash game and is willing to put his cash behind his wordsThat said - if I was Hellmuth and lost three of four while DN was laughing hysterically like a little girl - i might lose it big time too :)All in all quality entertainment which is what I watch for

Wow, Daniel just crushed that kid's dreams. If he folds his QQ, the loose cannon doubles up off Williams. This week's loose cannon ran pretty damn bad. I feel bad for him. I thought he played pretty well.
I liked the little 45 second video where he rationalized the call, in my mind it was all bullshit. I think Daniel called because he wanted to flat out gamble and if he ended up losing that would be fine as well, in that he would lose to some random dude and may in fact in one 30 second decision change someones life. Overall he has been just his goofy self on this show but for some reason it seems to me that he really wants these guys to make some money.

I found it funny that everyone seemed upset at the internet millionaire's "Tip the dealer and I'll show you my hand" routine: Sure, if you lose a pot you don't tip, but usually the offer is "give ME money and I'll show you my hand", so I thought he added a nice twist to it.

I found it funny that everyone seemed upset at the internet millionaire's "Tip the dealer and I'll show you my hand" routine: Sure, if you lose a pot you don't tip, but usually the offer is "give ME money and I'll show you my hand", so I thought he added a nice twist to it.
Yeah but he was being a douche about it. Sort of "showing up" the others. He flat called Daniel cheap for not tipping when he lost a pot, then threw the dealer like $500 as an "in your face" to DN. Personally, if I just lost a pot and some db told me if I tip the dealer he'd show, I'd think he was an ******* too.

Potential for Loose Cannon to be very marketable...Good looking, can play a little and seems friendly...

Nice gift for Greenstein in that pot against Cada. That was an interesting hand. Maybe he can use that money to take out the loose cannon now. That was pretty funny when he asked her if she was asian, lol.

Yeah but he was being a douche about it. Sort of "showing up" the others. He flat called Daniel cheap for not tipping when he lost a pot, then threw the dealer like $500 as an "in your face" to DN. Personally, if I just lost a pot and some db told me if I tip the dealer he'd show, I'd think he was an ******* too.
I thought that getting under someones skin is kind of relevant to making money in live poker?Maybe that's just me.
I thought that getting under someones skin is kind of relevant to making money in live poker?Maybe that's just me.
I suppose. Are you a player that sits at the table and talks trash to comlpete strangers? Or tries to embarrass them? I dont know, I have a pretty long history of live poker and I would say that only about 5% of players do that. They may hide behind "getting under someones skin is kind of relevant to making money in live poker" but it seems to me those same people are probably db's away from poker as well....
Week 3. ZZZzzzzzzz. It's going to be tough to keep this entertaining without any of the Full Tilt stable. Jason Deruuuuuulooooo.
Well, the table certainly is quieter without Negreanu, but I don't think the full tilt people are really needed - it's still an entertaining show so far.
I suppose. Are you a player that sits at the table and talks trash to comlpete strangers? Or tries to embarrass them? I dont know, I have a pretty long history of live poker and I would say that only about 5% of players do that. They may hide behind "getting under someones skin is kind of relevant to making money in live poker" but it seems to me those same people are probably db's away from poker as well....
I didn't really see it that way, I just thought he was being competitive in a way that he could win. The only reason this guy was at the table was a blatant disregard for money, it certainly wasn't poker skill. So, in my mind he was trying to get the best of it where he could. That's all I am saying, I didn't see it as nearly as douchey as some of the people in this thread think it was.
extremely lame to have a Best of episode after 3 weeks.
Yup. I guess they did throw in one interesting non-aired hand...but still lame sauce.