Venetian/caesers Deepstack Thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_clap:grats man.Played the first Venetian Deep stack and managed to get into the money.Had one of Men's horses at my last table. Bastard kept beating me to the punch with regards to the few steal opportunities. Being card dead too killed me and I really had nothing to defend with. Super short after the bubble with 26K and it all went in when everyone limped to me on the button with Q9 suited. BB tank called with pocket 4's. bricked. GG me. went out like 59th out of 680 or so entered.

Thanks everyone for the support!!!It was nice being 1st or 2nd the entire 2nd day. Makes things much easier.Not many fun hands until the final 4.-4handed, folded to SB (180k) who completed to 12k, I potted to 36k with A974 rainbow and he called. flop was AJ8 and he checked, I potted, he shoved, I called, he had JJTx and I binked a 3out T on turn-3handed, the guy to my right was tired of folding every hand so he promised to go all in dark (he had 15 blinds), I raised to 42k at 8/16k on btn and sure enough he repotted dark...I had AKT7 double suited and he turned over Q972 rainbow and was drawing to a 2 going to river so I knocked him out.We started heads up with me having a 2.1-2mil chip lead at 10/20k. He hardly ever raised buttons and basically let me run him over. I got up to 2.8mil and then ran KK87 into AAxx and lost. Then he won a few more pots and next thing I know, I am down to 1mil at 15/30. I was a little worried then knowing I probably needed to get lucky. I raised to 80k on btn with Ks9s34 and he called. flop was 2h5hTs and he checked. He loved to float and I didn't wan't to get put in a weird spot so I checked back. Turn was a Js giving me spade draw, gutshot and open ender. He bet 100k and I thought it would be a good spot to show some strength so I potted for 260k more. He thought for a long time then called. River was a Ten and he checked. After thinking for a bit I shoved my last 525k. I didn't want to instashove as that looked almost fake-strong. He thought for an even longer time then folded. I got back to 1.5mil at 20/40 and I raised JdTd85 to 80k, He called. I forgot the exact board but it was 9c6cXd and we went check check. Turn was another low diamond and he bet 75k. He loved to mix in small raises with air and big hands so I figured I would do the same and raised to 175k. He thought and called. River was a 3rd diamond giving me the flush. He checked to me, so I figured it would be best to go for a bet that hopefully he would think is a bluff. I bet 285k and then he c/r me to a million pretty much putting me all in. I didn't see him c/r a made hand as he loved to bet for value always so I called pretty fast but was quite nervous but he said I was good and mucked. Whew.After that I pounded him down until he was at about 800k. He potted button and I repotted KK25. He called and then flop was 34J. He checked to me and I put him all in. He called and then some weird things happened. He flipped over his hand and said "oh no I thought I had a jack" and I looked at his hand and I SWORE I saw QTT5. Anyways....Turn was a Ten and river bricked and I went over to the group of friends watched and said I got 2outed and I was pretty upset. Then he came over and shook my hand and I didn't know wtf was up, so I looked at his hand again and he had QT95 and not QTT5 and I held for the win. So my moment of celebration was actually disappointment. Either way, I ended up taking it down and I couldn't be happier. Thanks again to everyone for their support online and in person, I really appreciate it. Now I can go through the rest of this month with a damn good feeling about how I am playing.

And now someone else needs to win something at Venetian!!
This.I may be there this weekend.Great job on the win and congrats!