nothing is going my way....if things keep up, i will be down for the year....and then i will have to quit..lol..(maybe not, but u never know)..anyways, the table has like 5 loose, bad calling stations....previous hand, there was about 6 limpers, i was in the bb with ak, and i raised to 40...because 2 of the loosepassive called, 3 more decided to join....it was ridiculous...anyways, this next hand comes up...i'm in the sb with a/q hearts..and stack is 250 (low)...utg +1 (loose and bad - $200ish) calls $5mp (loose and really bad $400ish) calls $5mp + 1 raises to $30 (tight player $400ish)button calls $30 (VERY loose, stack covers) hero calls $30 (maybe i should fold/shove, but mp+1 could have a hand that dominates me)utg + 1 calls $25mp calls $25flop ($155)q diamond, j diamond, 6 clubhero checksutg + 1 bets $70 (i know he has top pair or a draw...he will always check to raiser and check raise with two pair/better...this is how he plays and he doesnt switch up)mp calls $70 (i'm not too familiar, but i know if he had a good hand he woudln' just call)mp + 1 folds (this is what i hope for, cause if he calls/raises, then i fold)button calls $70 (button will raise anything two pair or better....with the pot so big...he may push with a draw as well...but he will not just call)hero?maybe this post is a waste of time...it's a bad beat anywyas....and its read dependent reallly....against normal players, you usually fold here..but this game got crazy and loose...and i'm good here 80% of the time against these 3 donks...but even if i am leading, sometimes i have too much to dodge on the turn and river right? aggggh...stupid game sometimes..runner friggin runner...

mp + 1 raises to $30 (tight player $400ish)
Are you sure your evaluation of this player is correct? I don't know what a "tight" player raises PF there and folds to monkey with on that flop with TBH unless it's AKo. Anyway, we have to get value now for our hand and raise AQ there every time.
shoveshoveshoveshoveshoveshove on the flopPF isn't a bad time to 3bet/commit either... I know he's tight, but he's in late position.
exactly what i did...but i didnt like it...and u aren't going to believe what i got called with...i'll say later if anyone wants to add anything..
Are you sure your evaluation of this player is correct? I don't know what a "tight" player raises PF there and folds to monkey with on that flop with TBH unless it's AKo. Anyway, we have to get value now for our hand and raise AQ there every time.
a/k off, 10/10, 99....seems like normal raising hands..he did admit later he had a/k though..i think 30 was a bit too small with the way the table was playing..
a/k off, 10/10, 99....seems like normal raising hands..he did admit later he had a/k though..i think 30 was a bit too small with the way the table was playing..
with a lineup like the one you described, yes.

dont you dare think of folding pre, i reraise to squeeze/ set a shove on any 2 high card flop ( ok maybe not any but you kinda get the idea, favorable flops) to be honest. I mean you have a ton of equity and dead money, attack it!

dont you dare think of folding pre, i reraise to squeeze/ set a shove on any 2 high card flop ( ok maybe not any but you kinda get the idea, favorable flops) to be honest. I mean you have a ton of equity and dead money, attack it!
I honestly wouldn't even look for favorable flops... just shove as soon as the cards hit the felt... but I def agree that our stack is perfect for a 3ball / Shove line... the pot is nice to pick up, and we have a solid hand with plenty of equity
looking back, i think i should have just shoved the flop or even pre.....especially the way the hand played out...but, anyone think i did ok to check-raise shove? that probably let's all flush draws in, but i still maximize right?anyways, i shoved, got called by utg+1 and mp..the two biggest donks at the table...utg+1 has k/q spades, and mp has j/8 off...retarded...turn 9, river 10..ugghanother nice pot not shipped my way...this is suppose to happen right? it just seems like a lot lately...i need to be assured i did the correct thing, cause it kept ringing in my head "1 pair, u shoved with 1 pair..."...
  • 2 weeks later...
looking back, i think i should have just shoved the flop or even pre.....especially the way the hand played out...but, anyone think i did ok to check-raise shove? that probably let's all flush draws in, but i still maximize right?anyways, i shoved, got called by utg+1 and mp..the two biggest donks at the table...utg+1 has k/q spades, and mp has j/8 off...retarded...turn 9, river 10..ugghanother nice pot not shipped my way...this is suppose to happen right? it just seems like a lot lately...i need to be assured i did the correct thing, cause it kept ringing in my head "1 pair, u shoved with 1 pair..."...
1. 3 bet preflop2. No problem with shoving TPTK (better than calling), as long as you know that you're usually only getting called by better hands. With the exception of live poker, where you could be called by so much worse.