Creationist Museum

Not really. Have you ever tried to run down an antelope? They will run faster but tire and lay down, up until you get close again. They will also circle back into the group of animals and they will switch off being the prey to keep fresh legs as a survival technique. Scientists tried for decades to figure out how we actually did it. They eventually searched for the most primitive tribes on the planets and heard stories of "persisitence hunts" until we finally found some that could do it.So for millions of years and long before we invented spears humans persistence hunted by tracking and running down animals for food. So we lived in nomadic groups, or families, that traveled around in search of prey. Typically the "men" of the family, the fathers would take on the brundt of the early run and the sons and daughters would fill in later and rotate. The women, most likely carrying the baby and the grandparents would pull up the rear and finish off the prey divvying it up for the group. Now imagine modern day runners. Women and older people are often some of the better ultramarathoners. It also gives a different perspective when you see a women jogging on the street pushing her stroller or carrying the baby in a backpack. It is also why marathoners have 2 peak ages, 27 and (get this) 64!Back to the hunt. It took amazing focus and creativity to out think the prey as you were running. You had to "guess" their next move. Anticipate it. Plan for it. Alot of anthropologists now surmise that this was one of the main reasons we developed "imagination" as a species or at least a major influence on it.So I would say that one good trait turned into a fantastic one.
I think this is an example of forcing the methods based on the results. How can they have any idea how men ran and hunted millions of years ago from a couple of teeth and a drawing of a guy with a spear? Next they will try to put different colored fur stripes on a zebra or something crazy.64? I guess I got a few more years on the couch then <high five everyone>
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go ahead and call BS on the motivation here. I doubt there was any "switching off" of being the prey (tag! you're it!), and suspect it's more like "Hey, how come he's running back over this way? Go away dude! Can't you see that lion is still chasi - OH SHIT, NOW HE'S CHASING ME! RUN!"
hahaha, I agree.
I think this is an example of forcing the methods based on the results. How can they have any idea how men ran and hunted millions of years ago from a couple of teeth and a drawing of a guy with a spear? Next they will try to put different colored fur stripes on a zebra or something crazy.64? I guess I got a few more years on the couch then <high five everyone>
Hopefully one day in the future, in honor of BG, all schools will hold a moment of science in your honor.Oh and that idea keeps me running. I mean, sh it, I've got 15 years before I even peak!!But seriously they spent decades trying to prove the theory and gave up and published it in nature as a "theory". Afterwards they got tons more leads and it has been done many times so it is not conjecture. There were persistence hunts. African tribes and Tarahumara Indians from Mexico still do them occasionally. I will add that it also helps explain the extinction of many mammals across the globe as humans moved out of Africa. It also is tough to "prove" since it wasn't like they left spears laying around as evidence, especially since they weren't invented yet. But looking at our unique bodies and abilities it is pretty obvious.
hahaha, I agree. Hopefully one day in the future, in honor of BG, all schools will hold a moment of science in your honor.
Followed by: We used to teach evolution in class, but since that theory was debunked, we now talk about the science of creationism, now turn your Bible to Genesis chapter 1. :club:
Oh and that idea keeps me running. I mean, sh it, I've got 15 years before I even peak!!
I never told you this, but I have great respect that you have accomplished this in your life. I would do anything to accomplish this in my life. (Anything except eat right and exercise.)
But seriously they spent decades trying to prove the theory and gave up and published it in nature as a "theory". Afterwards they got tons more leads and it has been done many times so it is not conjecture. There were persistence hunts. African tribes and Tarahumara Indians from Mexico still do them occasionally. I will add that it also helps explain the extinction of many mammals across the globe as humans moved out of Africa. It also is tough to "prove" since it wasn't like they left spears laying around as evidence, especially since they weren't invented yet. But looking at our unique bodies and abilities it is pretty obvious.
I am not saying that their conclusions are faulty in their logic, only faulty in anyway claiming to actually know what people did a million years ago based on the very few bones we have.It's not like they had written anything down.
You must not have seen his shoes.
No I saw them. I was giving him a pass on those.I'm sure there is a reason that I don't understand.It probably involves running.
No I saw them. I was giving him a pass on those.I'm sure there is a reason that I don't understand.It probably involves running.
Nah, Jesus told me to wear them.Kidding aside, thanks BG I appreciate that. It's been tough for an old guy. And as for SBriand asking why we're so "mean"in here, I think it's because it would be even more boring. I prefer to think of it as anti-authoritarian.
Nah, Jesus told me to wear them.Kidding aside, thanks BG I appreciate that. It's been tough for an old guy. And as for SBriand asking why we're so "mean"in here, I think it's because it would be even more boring. I prefer to think of it as anti-authoritarian.
So any problems with knees and stuff, you seem to be taller than average. I mean I'm afraid to start working out again, ( again?) because I get aches from working when I stretch things while lifting heavy things on ladders above my head at night in the wind alone with a cigar in my mouth.Oh that's another thing, do they allow cigars while running?
So any problems with knees and stuff, you seem to be taller than average. I mean I'm afraid to start working out again, ( again?) because I get aches from working when I stretch things while lifting heavy things on ladders above my head at night in the wind alone with a cigar in my mouth.Oh that's another thing, do they allow cigars while running?
Well, I smoke so sure!I am actually not tall 5'9", but height doesn't make a difference if you keep short steps and run midfoot instead of landing on your heels. I had injuries every time I tried to run and it turns out it was the stupid Nikes and the arches. Other than normal aches from being old I'm doing pretty good. I ran 7.5 miles last Sunday morn.
Hey leave me out of this old timer!
Well, I smoke so sure!I am actually not tall 5'9", but height doesn't make a difference if you keep short steps and run midfoot instead of landing on your heels. I had injuries every time I tried to run and it turns out it was the stupid Nikes and the arches. Other than normal aches from being old I'm doing pretty good. I ran 7.5 miles last Sunday morn.
Well, you give me inspiration.I am going to try to walk faster from my cart to the golf ball for at least 9 holes every time I golf.