Creationist Museum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then you don't understand the main message.I'll give you a clue...Easter
You can certainly argue that the Catholics are wrong to emphasize the sacrifice of the crucifixion, but they are Christians and they do pray to an image of a dead or dying Jesus. (No True Scotsman argument coming in 3 . . . 2 . . . )crucifix.jpgFurthermore, Jesus comes back to life with his wounds intact. He is the friendly undead. The Goths don't just lie around acting dead. They pretend to be the undead. Now, this is kind of silly, but Christians have no leg to stand on to criticize it. The irony is that Christians are able to recognize and mock the absurdity of the Goths without looking back at their own actual belief system with an objective assessment.
You can certainly argue that the Catholics are wrong to emphasize the sacrifice of the crucifixion, but they are Christians and they do pray to an image of a dead or dying Jesus. (No True Scotsman argument coming in 3 . . . 2 . . . )Furthermore, Jesus comes back to life with his wounds intact. He is the friendly undead. The Goths don't just lie around acting dead. They pretend to be the undead. Now, this is kind of silly, but Christians have no leg to stand on to criticize it. The irony is that Christians are able to recognize and mock the absurdity of the Goths without looking back at their own actual belief system with an objective assessment.
I hardly see how reflecting on what Christ's death on the cross means; the complete remission of sin and forgiveness to anyone who asks, can be compared to someone who worships an actual dead body part like the Buddhist who built temple's over different parts of the Buddha's dead body parts.Christ's death was the second greatest moment in the history of the world with regards to mankind.His rising from the dead was the first.To somehow try to remotely pretend that the word zombie or corpse can even flippantly be attached to this event shows either:a. A complete inability to think or understand something very simple.b. A desire to not think logicallyThere are no other options for this action. But if enough of your guys get together, your noise can somewhat drown out the truth.Just don't ask the rest of us to buy the bridge you are selling
Christ's death was the second greatest moment in the history of the world with regards to mankind.His rising from the dead was the first.To somehow try to remotely pretend that the word zombie or corpse can even flippantly be attached to this event shows either:a. A complete inability to think or understand something very simple.b. A desire to not think logically
I understand that you believe that there is greater significance to these events. He was a human. Right?He was dead. Right?A dead human is a corpse. Right?
I hardly see how reflecting on what Christ's death on the cross means; the complete remission of sin and forgiveness to anyone who asks, can be compared to someone who worships an actual dead body part like the Buddhist who built temple's over different parts of the Buddha's dead body parts.
Christians do this too. There are plenty of saint's body parts that are kept as relics.
I understand that you believe that there is greater significance to these events. He was a human. Right?He was dead. Right?A dead human is a corpse. Right?
When a person dies on the operating table, then comes back would anyone ever call them a corpse?It was the resurrection that makes his death only a single stage in a greater event.Focusing on the middle of the event in order to mock it is just a lazy man's way of covering his ears and screaming lalala so he can pretend he isn't lying to himself.
Christians do this too. There are plenty of saint's body parts that are kept as relics.
Catholic thing to 'worship' saints.In fact to give them saint status at all is pretty much just a catholic thing.But in their defense, it's not really church doctrine, more like regional practices that they don't discourage.But this is just semantics as I'm sure you know
When a person dies on the operating table, then comes back would anyone ever call them a corpse?
Not to their face. During the period of time they were actually dead, maybe.
It was the resurrection that makes his death only a single stage in a greater event.
It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.Surely you don't wish to equate bringing someone back to life who's heart has stopped briefly with resurrection. Otherwise, there's nothing unique and remarkable about Easter. You're not saying there's a resurrection every time there's open-heart surgery, right? Jesus was more dead than those guys. If not, can Uncle Fred's open heart surgery cleanse the world of sin and defeat death? Why not?
I hardly see how reflecting on what Christ's death on the cross means; the complete remission of sin and forgiveness to anyone who asks, can be compared to someone who worships an actual dead body part like the Buddhist who built temple's over different parts of the Buddha's dead body parts.Christ's death was the second greatest moment in the history of the world with regards to mankind.His rising from the dead was the first.To somehow try to remotely pretend that the word zombie or corpse can even flippantly be attached to this event shows either:a. A complete inability to think or understand something very simple.b. A desire to not think logicallyThere are no other options for this action. But if enough of your guys get together, your noise can somewhat drown out the truth.Just don't ask the rest of us to buy the bridge you are selling
lol at this post.
Not to their face. During the period of time they were actually dead, maybe.
Than calling Christ a zombia or a corpse is pretty much just an arrogant way to act right?
It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.Surely you don't wish to equate bringing someone back to life who's heart has stopped briefly with resurrection. Otherwise, there's nothing unique and remarkable about Easter. You're not saying there's a resurrection every time there's open-heart surgery, right? Jesus was more dead than those guys. If not, can Uncle Fred's open heart surgery cleanse the world of sin and defeat death? Why not?
Well there is that taking on all of mankind's sins thing
lol at this post.
lol at spending billions to send a carbon atom around a circle while people are losing their homes because of the bankers who are probably mostly athiest
Than calling Christ a zombia or a corpse is pretty much just an arrogant way to act right?
People who are offended when they are called corpses should avoid lying around dead for the whole weekend.
Alberta scientists discover largest bed of dinosaur bonesScientists in Alberta have discovered the largest dinosaur bonebed ever documented – along with evidence of massive carnage – near Hilda, 50 km north of Medicine Hat.http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/techno...article1608423/Strangely, there were no human bones found among the dinosaur bones.
New hominid moves back date of walking upright to 3.6 million years still a tad away from the earth being 6000 years old though.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_...older_than_lucyThey still missed the dinosaur period by about 62 million years though.
Greatest moments in the History of Mankind:1) Fire2) Wheel3) Invention of American footballTough break, Jesus.
Once again, you guys are claiming credit for things you had nothing to do with.
New hominid moves back date of walking upright to 3.6 million years still a tad away from the earth being 6000 years old though.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_...older_than_lucyThey still missed the dinosaur period by about 62 million years though.
I would have loved to been around for the conversation between Evolution and Natural Selection during this day:Evolution: Got me a new species here, going to let him walk upright and begin losing muscle mass, ability to smell will decrease, hearing will weaken, and over all strength will decrease by about 75%.Natural Selection: I might have something to say about that!Evolution: No, see I am going to give him a bigger brain, and better control over his thumbs, which by the way...are opposing! How cool is that?Natural Selection: Yea, but I have quite a few other animals that are still going to eat him if he can't smell them, avoid them, or fight them.Evolution: But a bigger brain will allow them to have the ability to understand our role in their development.Natural Selection: Then why not let them have the bigger brain, and the muscles and skill sets needed for survival?Evolution: Sorry, you'll have to talk to random mutation for that..he is the only one actually making any changes around here.Natural Selection: Well can you at least tell me how long I have to sit on the sidelines while these changes take place?Evolution: Just a few million years.Natural Selection: I might want to talk to my union rep about this.Evolution: Big deal, you let reptiles grow wings over a ten million years without any benefit from the change until they were completed, what's another million year of ignoring your job?Natural Selection: But if they get bigger brains, they might figure out that I have been falling down on the job for most of your changes.Evolution: Don't worry, they'll believe anything as long as they don't have to answer for their conduct during their lives.
cr13.jpgcr14.jpgI wonder where you go to school to become a "Creation Biologist?"
Natural Selection: So uh, CB where'd you come up with those things?Creation Biologist: Ummm, I made them up.Natural Selection: Yeah, figured...
Natural Selection: So uh, CB where'd you come up with those things?Creation Biologist: Ummm, I made them up.Natural Selection: Yeah, figured...
Missing the point entirely.Here is what you guys find:070806-humans-asia_big.jpgHere is what you decide they looked like:39702.jpgFrom a tooth you guys get hair color, tools, bow legs, etc.The point of their plaque is that when you make things up, you get to pay your nickle and take your turn.You trying to make them look stupid for doing exactly what they say they are doing..taking a wild guess based on nothing but random guessing..doesn't do well for you trying to make my side look dumb. You know what I mean?
I would have loved to been around for the conversation between Evolution and Natural Selection during this day:
Are you trying to argue that a bigger brain doesn't make us more fit. Because I think the evidence is against you.Also, our lack of strength isn't a weakness. We're weaker than chimps, but we can run faster and for longer distances. This would of course be necessary if our main source of food was chasing mammoths around the savannah and into the planes and mountains of Europe, Asia, and eventually into North America. Actually, a human can run a marathon faster than a horse. We're really not all that bad after all!Actually, to add a bit, our need to be among the world's best endurance runners also explains our lack of fur (as compared to other Primates.) We also have among the world's best cooling systems in our skin and sweat glands. This is of the main reasons that we can run so fast for so long and over very large distances. Other animals overheat very quickly and break down, but humans can jog at high speeds for hours. We're pretty amazing animals, actually.
Are you trying to argue that a bigger brain doesn't make us more fit. Because I think the evidence is against you.Also, our lack of strength isn't a weakness. We're weaker than chimps, but we can run faster and for longer distances. This would of course be necessary if our main source of food was chasing mammoths around the savannah and into the planes and mountains of Europe, Asia, and eventually into North America. Actually, a human can run a marathon faster than a horse. We're really not all that bad after all!Actually, to add a bit, our need to be among the world's best endurance runners also explains our lack of fur (as compared to other Primates.) We also have among the world's best cooling systems in our skin and sweat glands. This is of the main reasons that we can run so fast for so long and over very large distances. Other animals overheat very quickly and break down, but humans can jog at high speeds for hours. We're pretty amazing animals, actually.
Then I guess Natural Selection isn't all its cracked up to be.Other animals get good traits and add to them. We had to turn in some good ones to get other good ones.
Then I guess Natural Selection isn't all its cracked up to be.Other animals get good traits and add to them. We had to turn in some good ones to get other good ones.
Not really. Have you ever tried to run down an antelope? They will run faster but tire and lay down, up until you get close again. They will also circle back into the group of animals and they will switch off being the prey to keep fresh legs as a survival technique. Scientists tried for decades to figure out how we actually did it. They eventually searched for the most primitive tribes on the planets and heard stories of "persisitence hunts" until we finally found some that could do it.So for millions of years and long before we invented spears humans persistence hunted by tracking and running down animals for food. So we lived in nomadic groups, or families, that traveled around in search of prey. Typically the "men" of the family, the fathers would take on the brundt of the early run and the sons and daughters would fill in later and rotate. The women, most likely carrying the baby and the grandparents would pull up the rear and finish off the prey divvying it up for the group. Now imagine modern day runners. Women and older people are often some of the better ultramarathoners. It also gives a different perspective when you see a women jogging on the street pushing her stroller or carrying the baby in a backpack. It is also why marathoners have 2 peak ages, 27 and (get this) 64!Back to the hunt. It took amazing focus and creativity to out think the prey as you were running. You had to "guess" their next move. Anticipate it. Plan for it. Alot of anthropologists now surmise that this was one of the main reasons we developed "imagination" as a species or at least a major influence on it.So I would say that one good trait turned into a fantastic one.
Not really. Have you ever tried to run down an antelope? They will run faster but tire and lay down, up until you get close again. They will also circle back into the group of animals and they will switch off being the prey to keep fresh legs as a survival technique. Scientists tried for decades to figure out how we actually did it. They eventually searched for the most primitive tribes on the planets and heard stories of "persisitence hunts" until we finally found some that could do it.
I'm going to go ahead and call BS on the motivation here. I doubt there was any "switching off" of being the prey (tag! you're it!), and suspect it's more like "Hey, how come he's running back over this way? Go away dude! Can't you see that lion is still chasi - OH SHIT, NOW HE'S CHASING ME! RUN!"