feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersBB: $6.37 (Hero)UTG: $3.61 UTG+1: $2.29 MP: $12.79 HJ: $13.81 CO: $2.44 Button: $2.83 SB: $2.03 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :3h:4h (8 players)UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.17) :qh:5c:jh (3 players)Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15, CO foldsTurn: ($0.47) :ts (2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksRiver: ($0.47) :club: (2 players)Hero bets $0.55, UTG raises to $1.10, Hero ???Guy just sat down. Maybe two hands ago...hadn't played one yet. Don't know what to make of the utg limp. How clear of a 3 bet is this on river?

I wouldn't over bet the river. I'd make it like .35As played, it's a "fold" but when I have the 2nd nut flush (even on a paired board), my fold button disappears, weird...ZOMG 66, limp. ZOMG set! I call. (not worried about the draws bc 3 of a kind is goot)ZOMG he checked the turn, I need to check and let him make a flush (rounders style, how'd that work out for you, Mikey McD?)ZOMG min-raise his bet on the river bc he can't fold, amirite????

I wouldn't over bet the river. I'd make it like .35As played, it's a "fold" but when I have the 2nd nut flush (even on a paired board), my fold button disappears, weird...ZOMG 66, limp. ZOMG set! I call. (not worried about the draws bc 3 of a kind is goot)ZOMG he checked the turn, I need to check and let him make a flush (rounders style, how'd that work out for you, Mikey McD?)ZOMG min-raise his bet on the river bc he can't fold, amirite????
wait...so you are saying the correct play is to make it .35 and fold when he makes it .70? Interesting...I've been so lost lately...absolutely nothing is working for me. It's just ridiculous...Lol @ the fold button disappearing.
wait...so you are saying the correct play is to make it .35 and fold when he makes it .70? Interesting...I've been so lost lately...absolutely nothing is working for me. It's just ridiculous...Lol @ the fold button disappearing.
Yeah, we want to get a worse hand to call, so like Jx etc, we want to make a nice value bet. And over bets are always the nuts, so he'll fold QJ.And yeah, bet/fold bc like he's not generally going to raise worse... I mean, maybe we can call bc ppl can raise worse flushes, but its close on a paired board...

It just sucks, bc river min-raises are the nuts, like ppl don't bluff raise and they want to get value at an amount where they think you can't fold...

It just sucks, bc river min-raises are the nuts, like ppl don't bluff raise and they want to get value at an amount where they think you can't fold...
I never thought it was a bluff raise...I just figured he could be raising with any flush there...but...I seriously suck right now...super defeated. I can't even deal with it. I used to win...I swear...Unless it was some crazy long ass dream I had.
I never thought it was a bluff raise...I just figured he could be raising with any flush there...but...I seriously suck right now...super defeated. I can't even deal with it. I used to win...I swear...Unless it was some crazy long ass dream I had.
Yeah, like I might be wrong here, but I wouldn't raise 97cc on the river. bc yeah, we prob have the best hand, but if we raise, can a worse hand call? prob no, we prob just get jammed on by nut flushes and full housesGuys I know who are super sickos go on 20k+ hand break even stretches/downers... just keep playing well, playing within your bank roll and you'll be finerocketship soon

And if we do raise 97cc, it has to be with the intention to raise/foldbc like, lets pretend like we raise our small flush hoping to get called by A4 and JT. It's ambitious, but whatevBut like would a J check the turn? would A4 check the turn? prob not... so yeah...I dunno, it's late and I am prob making no sense. Take all my advice from tonight with a grain of salt... ISAP

feral_cow_icon.gifYour converted hand, now with more cowbell.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 8 playersBB: $6.37 (Hero)UTG: $3.61 UTG+1: $2.29 MP: $12.79 HJ: $13.81 CO: $2.44 Button: $2.83 SB: $2.03 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with :3h:4h (8 players)UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero checksFlop: ($0.17) :qh:5c:jh (3 players)Hero bets $0.15, UTG calls $0.15, CO foldsTurn: ($0.47) :ts (2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksRiver: ($0.47) :club: (2 players)Hero bets $0.55, UTG raises to $1.10, Hero ???Guy just sat down. Maybe two hands ago...hadn't played one yet. Don't know what to make of the utg limp. How clear of a 3 bet is this on river?
we're getting like 5:1 with the second nut flush on a single paired board? snap snap snaparoo
Seems like a pretty easy call to me... not much value in raising
+1 Folding to minraises when you have a pretty competitive hand is bad.

call and get shown a boat, i mean it is WA/WB and we have way too much equity to fold.

I call here for sure. Not much value in raising, but I think he can have a small flush pretty often here. I agree about not going for the overbet too, especially with someone we have no reads on.

Yeah, like I might be wrong here, but I wouldn't raise 97cc on the river. bc yeah, we prob have the best hand, but if we raise, can a worse hand call? prob no, we prob just get jammed on by nut flushes and full housesGuys I know who are super sickos go on 20k+ hand break even stretches/downers... just keep playing well, playing within your bank roll and you'll be finerocketship soon
Just cause you won't raise a low flush on that river doesn't mean lolfish who open limp won't.You can't fold for the minraise here imo.Just remember that you're playing other personalities, not yourself. :club:
call and get shown a boat, i mean it is WA/WB and we have way too much equity to fold.
I don't think this is a WA/WB situation. He can be raising any flush or even trips here. Never fold with the way this hand played out and I also think against a lot of players, you can comfortably shove this river.

On rivers it's always WA/WB because there are no more cards to come so you're always winning or losing. That term is usually reserved for earlier points in a hand where you're debating a raise or a bet, but it's a spot where your opponent either has you crushed or is drawing very thin and in those cases, it's usually ok to give free cards and whatnot since there isn't any risk of him drawing out on you. If you have AA and your opponent raises you on a flop of K72r, that's a good example of WA/WB because he cannot have a hand with any real equity vs you and he's either raising a hand where you have few outs (if he's got a set or 2 pair) or he's raising a hand where he's got very little equity (be it a bluff, AK, KQ or whatever).Agree with KingJames that you should not be overbetting here. Also agree with Naismith that he could be raising any flush for value here. Is he going to have the nut flush or a boat sometimes? Sure, but we're getting a good price and even if he's never bluffing here, we still beat a ton of his value hands if he raises most of his flushes, so this is a definite call.

I don't think this is a WA/WB situation. He can be raising any flush or even trips here. Never fold with the way this hand played out and I also think against a lot of players, you can comfortably shove this river.
Try to keep in mind not everyone is running a 40/38 with a 3bet of 15... YOU better shove this river all day in most circumstances