Wsop Event #2: $50,000 Poker Player's Championship

Event #2 of the 2010 WSOP at The Rio in Las Vegas is the $50,000 Poker Player's Championship and Daniel will be playing starting at 5:00 PM Vegas time today.This event is an 8 game tournament and will be televised on ESPN. The Final Table will be NL Holdem to make it more television friendly.Good Luck DanielWSOP Updates are being provided by Poker News again this year.http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/wsop-2010/event-2/Daniel will also be sending updates via Twitter.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/daniel-negreanu/twitter.phpDaniel's Twitter Updates28 May 2010, 7:02 pmRealKidPoker: WSOP set up is even better than last year. Excellent job done by the Harrah's crew for realz. Props deserved.28 May 2010, 7:14 pmRealKidPoker: Awesome tribute to Chip Reese to kick things off. Very emotional.28 May 2010, 8:57 pmRealKidPoker: 121,800 after lvl 1. At my table Buchanen Monnette Hastings Durr Evdakov and Grinder at my table. Start w 150k. Slow start. No mistakes.28 May 2010, 10:39 pmRealKidPoker: 153,700 after lvl 2. I was down to 95k and won like 60k in one limit hold'em round. 6 hands played and I won all 6. Dinner break now 1 hour29 May 2010, 12:27 amRealKidPoker: Durr is the most aggro limit player I've ever seen. He makes Gus look like a weak-tight nit. I've seen some very interesting hands so far.29 May 2010, 1:14 amRealKidPoker: 170,800 end of lvl 3. Two more levels to play and I feel great. Durr is down to 30k after a NLH hand29 May 2010, 3:03 amRealKidPoker: 150,900 with one level to play. I feel like I always run bad in the Razz in this event. It'll change eventually.29 May 2010, 4:48 amRealKidPoker: Day is over and I have 148,100. Broke about even today. Can't win it on day 1, you just need to run good late. Bedtime, back at 3pm tomm29 May 2010, 5:04 pmRealKidPoker: At my table Huck Seed Abe Mosseri Eli Elezra Phil Ivey Dario Alioto. Tougher table than yesterdy for sure. Intense focus necessary.29 May 2010, 6:38 pmRealKidPoker: 87,600 after first level. Didn't win a chip that 90 minutes. Switching to NLH when we return29 May 2010, 7:29 pmRealKidPoker: PLO hand I have Ac 10 9c 7 flop is 10c 8c 7 turn Jc . River 7 I make full house but lose to K;J107. Pretty sick beat. May 2010, 8:20 pmRealKidPoker: Was just all in for 13k in razz with 346 caught a 7 Q 6. Needed to beat a 10 on the end and caught an 8 to stay alive. Chip and a chair29 May 2010, 8:27 pmRealKidPoker: Down to 8500. Razz hand. Had 86 and Eli needed to catch an Ace 3 or a 4 to beat me. He caught a 4. I'm running really terrible.29 May 2010, 8:52 pmRealKidPoker: I'm out. Stud hand Eli raised in last position with. Q I was bring in with 22J needed a 2 on river. Sweated the card it was 2 or 3. 3 brutal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang I wish I went to vegas a week later! It was f'ing freezing last weekend and there wasn't shit going on. Memorial weekend ftw.Go Daniel! Yes I'm still a fanboy

28 May 2010, 8:57 pmRealKidPoker: 121,800 after lvl 1. At my table Buchanen Monnette Hastings Durr Evdakov and Grinder at my table. Start w 150k. Slow start. No mistakes.

The Fashion ReportPosted 12 minutes ago by change100 You're not going to find a guy in a bunny suit or dressed like a nun in the $50,000 Players' Championship (unless they lost a substantial prop bet) and for the most part, this field has kept it tasteful when it comes to fashion. There is currently only about a 7 to 1 ratio of players to Ed Hardy shirts, a number that is unfortunately sure to multiply in the coming days.As we noted earlier, Phil Hellmuth is wearing a lime green polo shirt underneath his usual black jacket. According to our sources, Hellmuth was encouraged to wear the color not by his life coach, but by his recently hired feng-shui expert. Seriously.Dario Minieri is gaga for Gucci and is donning a brown v-neck sweater covered in the Gucci logo. Also loving logoed designer-wear is Big Game regular David Oppenheim, whose head is covered in a black wool Louis Vuitton beanie.Jeff Lisandro surprised us, donning a subtle-for-him black button-down with a white embroidered dragon graphic on one side. Justin "Boosted J" Smith, however might want to consider ditching his puffy black bomber jacket-- the material is just a little too "Hefty bag" for us.Are people really still wearing that crap ?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if there will be live final table streams this year?Bluff and ESPN360 carried them last year, but I've seen no indication for any events this year.

The Fashion ReportAre people really still wearing that crap ?
Waaaaay too many, unfortunately.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if there will be live final table streams this year?Bluff and ESPN360 carried them last year, but I've seen no indication for any events this year.Waaaaay too many, unfortunately.
for this event, i doubt there will be a live stream since it will be on tv, but other events are expected to have live feeds
omg you got ants in yo pants or somethin
Just Goldbond right now... but when you put on the medicated stuff, I guess the "tingley" feeling could feel like ants at first.
i has crabs in my pants
Shave half your pubes. Set the other half on fire. Stab the rest with an ice pick when they run from the fire. Just a hint.

Registration has closed and the numbers are in. 116 players entered the 2010 $50,000 Players' Championship creating a prize pool of $5,568,000. 16 places will be paid with the champion earning a $1,559,046 payday.For a complete look at the payout schedule, click on the "Prizepool and payouts" tab in the right-hand column.Not even close to 200.

I wonder without the big attendance boost that everyone thought would happen, if they will go back to the old format, mainly playing all the games @ final table?

I wonder without the big attendance boost that everyone thought would happen, if they will go back to the old format, mainly playing all the games @ final table?
It's FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS man! 25K would get more runners for sure but I don't think the people on the players advisory committee want a large field.
The only way this tourney get televised is if the final table is no limit holdem and without it being televised there would be even fewer entrants.
It's a little difficult to compare year-to-year numbers when it comes to the $50,000 Players' Championship, primarily because the format has slightly changed every year.2010 (8-game mix, televised, NLHE at final table): 116 entries2009 (H.O.R.S.E., not televised): 95 entries2008 (H.O.R.S.E., televised, H.O.R.S.E. at final table): 148 entries2007 (H.O.R.S.E., televised, H.O.R.S.E. at final table): 148 entries2006 (H.O.R.S.E., televised, NLHE at final table): 143 entriesThis year's numbers are up a bit from last year's, no doubt due to the fact that (a) no-limit and pot-limit games have been added to the mix and (b) ESPN is televising the final table this year, where the 8-game mix will be abandoned in favor of straight no-limit hold'em.