1/2 Live...bet Sizing Bad On Turn?

I was playing the 1/2 game, while waiting for the 2/5 seat to open up...and this hand came up...for some reason, due to me not use to playing these blinds, my bet sizing must've been off (as with the rest of the hand as played)...and does anyone bet the river here for value? I have AA...i dont really remember stack sizes that well...UTG calls $2UTG + 1 calls $2 Hero raises to $8 (stack was $170)Button calls $8 (had about $100)SB foldsBB foldsUTG calls $8 (had us covered)UTG + 1 calls $8 (i dont remember cause he folded on the flop)flop $35K 7 3, two spades - i have the ace of spadesUTG checksUTG + 1 checksHero bets $24Button calls $24UTG calls $24UTG + 1 foldsturn $107Q spadeUTG checksHero bets $40Button foldsUTG calls $40River $187J diamondUTG checksHero checksOn the turn, i felt there was a very good chance, besides the flush, that someone made two pair with k/q...i really didnt want to commit, but looking back, with how much i had left, i should have just shoved right???Besides turn, does anyone bet the river for value here?

I would say shoving is a bad idea. you have a little more than the pot left and if you are beaten by a flush here you would need many more outs to make it a profitable bet. lets do the math: If you are certain someone has a flush here that leaves you 6 outs If you are certain that they have 2pr that leaves you 8 outs combined you are looking at 15 outs that beats 2pr (8+6 - 1 spade in the 2pr outs) in that case you are only going to win ~35% I would say 40 is a good bet as a good flush will probably raise you and you can fold with confidence and play a shortie for a while. The other part about it, is what makes poker fun, is you could shove representing the flush but the only way this would be profitable is if you are sure that player x is good enough to fold his 2pr and not make a hero call. Unfortunately many times this will be called reluctantly by poor players that are hoping to make their boat on the river. you also might get lucky to see the guy with the king of spades and a queen call thinking he might get lucky and his K high flush will stand up on the river if he makes it (I have unfortunately seen this retarded play done before and then watched him loose $350 on the river when the fourth spade came and someone had the ace.) Overall I would have bet that, it can also look like you are betting your flush to try to milk it out of people who will still call with KX or QxI would not bet the river as you would be shoving the rest of your chips and if you were going to do that you might as well have done it on the turn. I assume from your post that you lost to someone who had KQ right?

At my 1/2 game, a standard raise is 12, with 2 limpers in, you could even make it 15. Since you made it just 8, the bet on the flop looks right, and I like the bet on the turn as it's not too large in case someone hit their flush. I'm leaning towards firing the river, but checking looks fine.

i make it bigger on everystreet, and get it in on the turn def

I was playing the 1/2 game, while waiting for the 2/5 seat to open up...and this hand came up...for some reason, due to me not use to playing these blinds, my bet sizing must've been off (as with the rest of the hand as played)...and does anyone bet the river here for value? I have AA...i dont really remember stack sizes that well...UTG calls $2UTG + 1 calls $2 Hero raises to $8 (stack was $170)
You raised to $8 with AA on the CO in a live 1/2 game?
I assume from your post that you lost to someone who had KQ right?
No, i beat K5 clubs...but i'm not positive i'm up against two pair/flush...i would think it's best to lean towards shoving and maybe getting two pair to fold...a flush will call regardless, but i still have outs against...
At my 1/2 game, a standard raise is 12, with 2 limpers in, you could even make it 15. Since you made it just 8, the bet on the flop looks right, and I like the bet on the turn as it's not too large in case someone hit their flush. I'm leaning towards firing the river, but checking looks fine.
Yeah, ...i had just won a pot, and i was stacking chips...all eyes were on me when i went to look at my cards and i was kind of in a hurry, so i just threw $8 out..which is my standard raise with no limpers...but i did see the limpers..lol...
i make it bigger on everystreet, and get it in on the turn def
that's what i was thinking...too small all the way...
You raised to $8 with AA on the CO in a live 1/2 game?
yeah, see above..

dude you are thinking they will notice the % of there stack they are putting in. people playing 1-2 either suck balls or think they are god's gift to poker, and still suck balls at poker ( with one or two decent players). bet your dam hands, bet them big, and make moneies! $$$. vbet vbet huge. lolz!

IPITS, although I raise to at least $10 preflop.IMO in a standard 1/2 live game, shipping the turn is burning money. Bad players' ranges are all over this board, even when we have the As. If we have a strong hand, and a draw to the nuts, why do we want to bloat the pot on the turn? Doubt I'm even calling a sizeable river bet with the J hitting.

I was playing the 1/2 game, while waiting for the 2/5 seat to open up...and this hand came up...for some reason, due to me not use to playing these blinds, my bet sizing must've been off (as with the rest of the hand as played)...and does anyone bet the river here for value? I have AA...i dont really remember stack sizes that well...UTG calls $2UTG + 1 calls $2 Hero raises to $8 (stack was $170)Button calls $8 (had about $100)SB foldsBB foldsUTG calls $8 (had us covered)UTG + 1 calls $8 (i dont remember cause he folded on the flop)
In 1-2 live games, I'd punch myself if the PF raise holding AA was less than 7xbb. 1-2 live cash games are notoriously loose. Unless you're pegged as a tight player deep into a session with decent players, I wouldn't even think about attempting to try to soft raise such a strong pf hand.You're a newbie in a 1-2 live game, extract value pre flop. As much as possible. Raise to $20 and I bet you get at least 1 caller. Then you're heads up with top pair at minimum.. Allow people to use implied odds with a soft raise and you tie your own noose.Just sayin

remember, loose live players don't think of a $6 raise as raising 4x big blind, it's only $6 more.. why not call?? Push it to $20 and you still get a lot of players calling with trash like 88, 99, JJ, AK, KQs, etc.

I've noticed that at the club i play, the 1/2 players try to make the most insane bluffs...and get way too tricky with their made hands.....there's this one player, who always min raises bluff on the river...you can always call him with top pair and expect to be good...but if he has top pair or better, he will never raise, just call...ridiculous...lol...

I've noticed that at the club i play, the 1/2 players try to make the most insane bluffs...and get way too tricky with their made hands.....there's this one player, who always min raises bluff on the river...you can always call him with top pair and expect to be good...but if he has top pair or better, he will never raise, just call...ridiculous...lol...
I was a little boozy when writing that post so I wasn't trying to be a dick but the general point stands. In low quality games the EV with big hands is getting loose calls pre-flop. In the higher limits ppl respect 10x raises pf, which lowers the EV of strong raising pf with AA, KK, QQ. You have to manufacture EV by inducing good players to make bad calls through mis-reads. But it's rare when you're in a 1-2NL LIVE game where ppl properly respect high pf raises by new players. The only time you sweep blinds is when nobody has better than gap-connectors or worse. So be it.Lately I've been dumping money into quality stocks that keep shedding price despite strong earnings.. just makes it harder not to cash out the trading acct and hit AC & home games