A Mosque On The Twin Towers Site?

List of Islamic Terror Attacks For the Past 2 Months
Well, the good news is all those attacks were in places and upon people that do not matter.There is no such thing as 'modern Islam'. There is only the good old stone-age variety that we've all come to understand so well. No matter how much we try and gloss it over, whitewash reality and delude ourselves that these are a 'peaceful' people, the central precepts of Islam are gravely radical by contemporary western standards, however, I don't think this means we should disallow their mosques, but rather take a cue from them and reorient our ways in accord. People of Caucasian extraction have the capacity to be the biggest assholes on earth and unlike the mud-hut dwellers (whose terroristic tantrums amount to hardly more than grandiose gestures of spear chucking) we are mean in carefully planned, highly effective, science-based ways. Just because we've been faggots since the end of World War II doesn't mean we aren't capable of reawakening our inner-bastard and decimating some 3rd world ass. Instead of folding against Islam, lets check-raise them by allowing them to think we're 'tolerant', then just when they think the coast is clear, boom. Internment Camps.Rights? Yeah, they have "rights"... Right onto a slow fucking boat heading out of this country, destined to deposit their asses back where they belong.AMERICA!american_flag-971804.jpegAND FREEDOM!pledgeofallegiance.jpgLIBERTYstatue-of-liberty-2.jpgPIE!7.jpgAND HALAS!george_halas.jpgTHIS IS OUR COUNTRY, BABY!No%202%20Mexico%20Tourist%20Map.gif
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or is it possible that more than a billion Muslims around the world are culturally and intellectually diverse? If that is the case, could also be the case that Muslims in New York are probably among the most liberal and western-centric Muslims in the world? And if that were the case, would it make any sense to go way out of our way to alienate them? I mean, if we're not going to simply group together all Muslims (which would be SO much easier to do and would take so much less, you know, thinking), then maybe we should simply leave those peaceful Muslims in our cities alone and let them build Mosques/Basketball courts.
I'm pretty solidly on the fence about this whole issue, and the last few pages are fascinating, with VB tipping the scales in one direction and then LLY quickly tipping them slightly the other way. Some excellent posts on both sides.I also enjoyed Scram's latest post, particularly the idea of 'check-raising' Islam.
I'm pretty solidly on the fence about this whole issue, and the last few pages are fascinating, with VB tipping the scales in one direction and then LLY quickly tipping them slightly the other way. Some excellent posts on both sides.I also enjoyed Scram's latest post, particularly the idea of 'check-raising' Islam.
LLY is only convincing when he tries to steer the argument from what it really is. this isnt about all muslims being able to "have their mosques." we arn't talking about banning mosques outright everywhere, or even just in new york. we are talking about one specific and more than ordinary mosque (one being funded with blood money from the middle east, not from the peaceful muslims in new york) in one specific and more than ordinary place (a building damaged by terrorists on 9/11). this is a very specific issue involving a special historical context and symbolism that leftists try to morph into a sweeping matter of religious freedom in all of america. what you quoted by him is a perfect example. and note that this is exactly the type of thinking that the imam appeals to in his comments and articles about the situation (while hiding out somewhere). the imam is a skilled shyster, and the left eats up his words just as he wants them to.
You guys are not talking about it but this phenomenon is not limited just to the New York mosquehttp://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=...ce9e1c25799f52d
Oh, don't get me wrong. There is clearly tons of ignorant religious intolerance in this country. Much of it coming from the Liberals against religion in general. I find it somewhat ironic (again, the Alanis definition) that it is the same angry Liberals who bash Christianity and religion in general that are now trying to defend the Mosque.But this thread and discussion was relative to the provocative actions if the radical Imam in NYC. An action that has actually fueled the ignorant in places like Tennessee.Heck, there was an idiot here in Michigan who burnt a Koran in front of a Mosque and now the Muslims want the FBI to investigate and bring charges against the guy.First Amendment indeed.There is also ignorant radical intolerance against homosexuals, abortion, logging, land development, banks, nuclear power, and McDonalds.
Oh, don't get me wrong. There is clearly tons of ignorant religious intolerance in this country. Much of it coming from the Liberals against religion in general. I find it somewhat ironic (again, the Alanis definition) that it is the same angry Liberals who bash Christianity and religion in general that are now trying to defend the Mosque.But this thread and discussion was relative to the provocative actions if the radical Imam in NYC. An action that has actually fueled the ignorant in places like Tennessee.Heck, there was an idiot here in Michigan who burnt a Koran in front of a Mosque and now the Muslims want the FBI to investigate and bring charges against the guy.First Amendment indeed.There is also ignorant radical intolerance against homosexuals, abortion, logging, land development, banks, nuclear power, and McDonalds.
I doubt any liberal has a problem with Christianity in general.....it is the attempted legislation of biblical ideas that gets out anger up. It's probably the same irony I feel when some conservative gets all huffy about Muslims wanting Sharia law while they oppose gay marriage or gays in the military by quoting scripture.
I doubt any liberal has a problem with Christianity in general.....it is the attempted legislation of biblical ideas that gets out anger up. It's probably the same irony I feel when some conservative gets all huffy about Muslims wanting Sharia law while they oppose gay marriage or gays in the military by quoting scripture.
What about when they use science, community standards and logic?
What about when they use science, community standards and logic?
I'll get back to you if that ever happens.Or I'll just ride to California on a flying pig to discuss.
I'll get back to you if that ever happens.Or I'll just ride to California on a flying pig to discuss.
Please leave Hillary alone, she's trying to get ready to ruin for president without looking like a backstabbing political whore.
Please leave Hillary alone, she's trying to get ready to ruin for president without looking like a backstabbing political whore.
BG, was this intentional (said in a sweet southern blond belle voice)
Oh, don't get me wrong. There is clearly tons of ignorant religious intolerance in this country. Much of it coming from the Liberals against religion in general. I find it somewhat ironic (again, the Alanis definition) that it is the same angry Liberals who bash Christianity and religion in general that are now trying to defend the Mosque.
I find it unsurprising you are incapable of deciphering a difference between bashing Christianity and religion "in general", i.e. of their own accords, vs. bashing those who seek to blur the line separating church and state for political gain.Religion should be apolitical, and politics should be non-denominational. That's all we dirty LIBRULS wish to see.
I find it unsurprising you are incapable of deciphering a difference between bashing Christianity and religion "in general", i.e. of their own accords, vs. bashing those who seek to blur the line separating church and state for political gain.Religion should be apolitical, and politics should be non-denominational. That's all we dirty LIBRULS wish to see.
if only this were true
if only this were true
it is with respect to that issue, 100%. Keep your religion to yourself and you will find that no one will give a crap. Oh, sure there is a handful of jackasses who get mad if a company puts up a christmas tree but not a menorah or a kwaanzaa bush but they are outliers not worthy of being paid attention to.
it is with respect to that issue, 100%. Keep your religion to yourself and you will find that no one will give a crap. Oh, sure there is a handful of jackasses who get mad if a company puts up a christmas tree but not a menorah or a kwaanzaa bush but they are outliers not worthy of being paid attention to.
Yes, but I was blatantly disregarding the rest of his post and focusing only on the one part that said "That's all we dirty LIBRULS wish to see." I then propounded on that and wished that it were true that it is "ALL" the lberals want to see. It was supposed to be kind of funny and at the same time a commentary on what always happens on FCP, and that is to ignore most of a post and only zero in on one particular statement whereby we can demonize that person based on one quote taken out of context. Actually I guess it could be a commentary on politics in general.
Horse shit.Liberals, perhaps not you, have indeed bashed and ridiculed religious people in general, not just their political "religious right" incarnations. They think they are smarter than people who worship God. I find it unsurprising that you not only personally attack me, but ignore this Liberal tendency and claim it is just some noble desire to separate Church and State. FWIW I support the separation, even though it wasn't exactly what our Founding Fathers had in mind.
Horse shit.Liberals, perhaps not you, have indeed bashed and ridiculed religious people in general, not just their political "religious right" incarnations. I find it unsurprising that you not only personally attack me, but ignore this Liberal tendency and claim it is just some noble desire to separate Church and State. FWIW I support the separation, even though it wasn't exactly what our Founding Fathers had in mind.
Why should religious people not be criticized? Liberals do tend to be less religious than conservatives, but as a group they are still mostly religious (see poll data here).
Why should religious people not be criticized?
1. Cause we are better than you2. Cause we are chosen by God3. Cause we founded this country4. Chuck Norris is a Christian
Why should religious people not be criticized? Liberals do tend to be less religious than conservatives, but as a group they are still mostly religious (see poll data here).
Did you read that survey? It seems internally inconsistent at times.There is some interesting stuff in there.
Most liberals, as well as conservatives, consider themselves to be Christian. However, the proportion of adults in each group who embrace that identity differs significantly: 94% of conservatives call themselves Christians, while just 74% of liberals do so.
This surprised me. I honestly didn't realize that this many Americans identified themselves as Christians. There is no way that 75% (or more) of people that I know identify themselves as Christians. And then:
21% of conservatives were associated with the Catholic church, compared to 30% among the liberals.
I'd have thought that more Christians would be Catholics and it seems interesting that more Liberals are Catholics than Liberals.
1. Cause we are better than you2. Cause we are chosen by God3. Cause we founded this country4. Chuck Norris is GOD
FYP
Horse shit.Liberals, perhaps not you, have indeed bashed and ridiculed religious people in general, not just their political "religious right" incarnations. They think they are smarter than people who worship God. I find it unsurprising that you not only personally attack me, but ignore this Liberal tendency and claim it is just some noble desire to separate Church and State. FWIW I support the separation, even though it wasn't exactly what our Founding Fathers had in mind.
God doesn't belong to a political party, but if anything, Jesus was a RAGING fucking liberal:Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9] Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39] I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44] Thou shalt not kill [Matthew 5:21] If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7] Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.] In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.] Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21] Love your neighbor as yourself. [Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you. [Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21] But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.] And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret… [Matthew 6:6 & 7]
God doesn't belong to a political party, but if anything, Jesus was a RAGING fucking liberal:Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. [Matthew 5:9] Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. [Matthew 5:39] I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despite-fully use you, and persecute you; [Matthew 5:44] Thou shalt not kill [Matthew 5:21] If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to cast a stone at her. [John 8:7] Do not judge, lest you too be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. [Matthew 7:1 & 2.] In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.] Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. [Matthew 22:21] Love your neighbor as yourself. [Matthew 22:39] So in everything, do to others as you would have them do to you. [Matthew 7:12.] If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. [Matthew 19:21] But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.] And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret… [Matthew 6:6 & 7]
Don't forget that he was for women's rights as well

I heard a very good sermon where the guy teaching the study clearly showed that:A. God is not a Republican&B. Thank the Lord he is also not a Democrat