A Mosque On The Twin Towers Site?

I just wish one of you whack jobs would have defended the Quran burner just as vehemently, in fact to stay intellectually honest you would absolutely have to. Of course you haven't, but then again no one in his right mind would call you intellectually honest.
where is this comimg from?1. I support that guy's right (or anyone's) to burn anything they want, but to the best of my knowledge, that hasn't come up here.2. Burning a book (any book) is ****ing stupidYou calling anyone else a whackjob is fun
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish one of you whack jobs would have defended the Quran burner just as vehemently, in fact to stay intellectually honest you would absolutely have to. Of course you haven't, but then again no one in his right mind would call you intellectually honest.
Um, everyone defended his right to do it. I just don't agree that this and the cordoba mosque are equivalent. I am ok with one and I am not ok with the other which is my opinion.No one would accuse you of being intellectual. Neither you nor Palin can see the difference between the two and that's sad. Book burning is the lowest of the low. But, of course, Palin tried to get some books banned when she was mayor of Wasilla so it probably does not bother her too much.
Um, everyone defended his right to do it. I just don't agree that this and the cordoba mosque are equivalent. I am ok with one and I am not ok with the other which is my opinion.No one would accuse you of being intellectual. Neither you nor Palin can see the difference between the two and that's sad. Book burning is the lowest of the low. But, of course, Palin tried to get some books banned when she was mayor of Wasilla so it probably does not bother her too much.
Both the Quran burning guy and the Mosque building guy are/were being inconsiderate dickheads because they can/could be. It doesn't take a genius to see that. The thing is, if you can't see that right off the bat you probably never will. It's no slight against your intellect, you are just wired wrong.
Both the Quran burning guy and the Mosque building guy are/were being inconsiderate dickheads because they can/could be. It doesn't take a genius to see that. The thing is, if you can't see that right off the bat you probably never will. It's no slight against your intellect, you are just wired wrong.
Actually, it takes a large leap to see that. One guy is burning a book; the other is building a house of worship on a block with an OTB and a strip joint. If you can't see that these are not equivalent acts, you are wired wrong.
Actually, it takes a large leap to see that. One guy is burning a book; the other is building a house of worship on a block with an OTB and a strip joint. If you can't see that these are not equivalent acts, you are wired wrong.
I thought Obama was supposed to unite. WTF were we thinking?
You mean one guy is burning a bunch of crushed pulp with ink blots on it and the other guy is trying to build a trophy building to celebrate the actions of the 9-11 hijackers.
If religon breeds a "potential" for evil based on ancient writings you can't separate Christianity from the equation simply because it's "less evil" than the other. If you are suggesting to ban one then you should ban the other. Then again I don't know what you or anyone else is suggesting to do actually do to ban either one. (I'm not for this just making suggestions and asking you to clarify).
im not suggesting to ban either one. but both of them do need to be separated from law. the reason why america is not having the problems with muslim immigrants that europe is, is that we have individual rights equally enforced for everyone (we try, at least), but europe is creating double standards for muslims and encouraging them to keep all aspects of their culture in tact. the problem is, many aspects of their culture go against basic human rights as western nations would see it, so you have a conflict.
no, he's right. its really pretty obvious. only cultural relativists cant see it.
You mean one guy is burning a bunch of crushed pulp with ink blots on it and the other guy is trying to build a trophy building to celebrate the actions of the 9-11 hijackers.
You mean one guy is burning the holy book of billions and the other guy is building something on an island in the Northeast United States.
no, he's right. its really pretty obvious. only cultural relativists cant see it.
no he's wrong. its really pretty obvious. only people who blame all Muslims for 9/11 can't see it.
You mean one guy is burning the holy book of billions and the other guy is building something on an island in the Northeast United States.
While you ignore the fact that the location of this building is relevant to 9-11, your arguments are all just slanted propaganda, only believed by the sheep.
I give a shit because I don't want my kid to have to pray in school.
Were kids ever forced to pray in school?
baaaaa
Strangely I was not expecting the outright acceptance of your sides position that they must slant the facts in order to justify your case.It leaves me confused as to how you can fool yourself into thinking that your argument has any merit.
Only for the first 150 years of our countries history.The slippery slope of complete religious take over of the education system was right on the precipice before 'level' heads prevailed...
When I was in Public School here in Toronto we used to say the Lord's Prayer every morning along with singing O Canada.
Obviously you are unable to recover from this horrible condition placed on you.All the words of Oh Canada?The horror...
Strangely I was not expecting the outright acceptance of your sides position that they must slant the facts in order to justify your case.It leaves me confused as to how you can fool yourself into thinking that your argument has any merit.
Actually, I was just sort of mocking the absurdity of your original statement
Actually, I was just sort of mocking the absurdity of your original statement
While ignoring that it was a mirror image of the statement I was responding too.One where my side was painting in the most favorable light regardless of facts, and the other side was painted in the worst possible light, regardless of facts.That's a common method I use.It fails on your side almost every time.Even when it is explained after each time.Is subtly not compatible with closed mindedness?
While ignoring that it was a mirror image of the statement I was responding too.One where my side was painting in the most favorable light regardless of facts, and the other side was painted in the worst possible light, regardless of facts.That's a common method I use.It fails on your side almost every time.Even when it is explained after each time.Is subtly not compatible with closed mindedness?
Yes, but that staement was itself a statement mirroring a rediculous claim from 'your side'which renders yours sort of meaningless.I'd love to learn more about your methods....
Yes. It wasn't until the 1960's that the Supreme Court made two rulings that put a definitive end to it.
The pledge of allegiance says "One nation, under God..."
This always made me very uncomfortable. It really should be changed back (this part was added to the pledge in the 50s).
Yes, but that staement was itself a statement mirroring a rediculous claim from 'your side'which renders yours sort of meaningless.I'd love to learn more about your methods....
Actually your side's refusal to acknowledge that the land is relevant to muslim terrorist who killed 3,000 people for no reason but to try to destroy our way of life is the only claim made by either side.Constantly lying about the physical lands relevance by trying to dilute it with references to a strip club being nearby shows that deep down even you guys understand that once you admit that there were muslims flying those planes, you would have to face the fact that the action to build a mosque there is a slap in the face to America.But your side doesn't need truth or facts to pat yourselves on the back. The problem is you are willing to sell out your country in order to feel good about yourselves.
Yes. It wasn't until the 1960's that the Supreme Court made two rulings that put a definitive end to it.
And not a minute too soon. Just in time for the cultural revolution that brought us a huge jump in unwed pregnancies, STDs and serious drug use to our culture.Of course we can pretend the two have nothing in common except being both brought about by the same mindset...
This always made me very uncomfortable. It really should be changed back (this part was added to the pledge in the 50s).
What about the Declaration of Independence? Should we cut out the references to God there too?
I wonder what happened if a kid said that they weren't a Christian and didn't want to pray to Jesus?I mean, even in 1830 that would have obviously been against the first amendment.I'm surprised it took 200 years to make a ruling on that. I suppose that's because schools weren't run by the federal government prior to the mid-twentieth century.