Jj Utg In 10$ 1r1a Just After 1st Hour

As described in topic;Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t10481)BB (t6065)Hero (UTG) (t9245)UTG+1 (t9403)MP1 (t5940)MP2 (t11680)CO (t2870)Button (t8855)Hero's M: 61.63Beginning after addon i tend to re-evaluate playing style, so going in blanco, 1st hour we both werent seen as maniacs yet nor nits.Preflop: Hero is UTG with Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gifHero bets t245, 5 folds, SB raises to t650, 1 fold, Hero calls t405We are both pretty deep, i have position, i think he and i are both representing huge strength so i decide to take cautious route.Flop: (t1400) 9heart.gif, 8diamond.gif, 10spade.gif(2 players)SB bets t900, Hero calls t900Im not over enthsiastic about my hand, overpairs dominate me, underpairs might have setted etc, i keep cautious and decide to call.Turn: (t3200) 2club.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksbrick arrives and he checks, i decide to check behind thinking im way ahead or way behind atm stillRiver: (t3200) 6club.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t1200, SB raises to t8931 (All-In), Hero: ?????I normally would check behind again but recently im trying to change play since im missing value a lot by my passive play. So i bring out the teaser bet that might make an underpair or even AK to call and surprisingly(to me lol) im faced with the c/r allin.As played how would you do this?Tips on different lines highly appreciated too.

As played, I think this is a call. He checked two streets with a hand strong enough to c/r with? Particularly since his check on the end gave you an oppurtunity to end the hand, I can't imagine villian is strong here.edit: he moved in? Maybe he does have it... i dunno bizzare line, maybe just not worth the risk in the end... id be curious as to what he had tho

I think as played, I just check down the river. You need to have a plan there when you do bet the river. If you don't have a plan or feel like being faced with a reraise would put you in a tough spot, just check it down.If you feel like this is a trivial bet/fold, then follow through and fold your hand. Just always have a plan before you open yourself be being reraised on the river with a marginal hand.

i would have bet the turn and just checked the river. i mean i doubt a st8 is checking the turn then c/r the river bc it looks a lot like a resteal to me to be honest, but that is why i dont like betting the river.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but why would it be bad to put in a small raise on the flop? Lose value/inflate pot? I can see where we would want to play this hand out, because we are open ended with top pair, but with the pre-flop play you could narrow down villain a bit more here? For him to continue, he would have to be open-ended as well, higher pair, or hit set. Since we have 2 Js, if he has KQ here hoping for the gut shot, very unlikely he will hit, and would he want to continue on a gut shot??. 900 into 1300 to me almost seems like he is continuation bet hoping you will fold, or wanting you to hangout. I would c/r flop if I was OOP open ended or with a high pair. Feel him out better here and re-eval later?? Is this just really idiotic thought process??As the hand played out, I would guess he had 77, and hit the low end. Since you did not bet OP on the turn, he knew you did not have the high end already.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but why would it be bad to put in a small raise on the flop? Lose value/inflate pot? I can see where we would want to play this hand out, because we are open ended with top pair, but with the pre-flop play you could narrow down villain a bit more here? For him to continue, he would have to be open-ended as well, higher pair, or hit set. Since we have 2 Js, if he has KQ here hoping for the gut shot, very unlikely he will hit, and would he want to continue on a gut shot??. 900 into 1300 to me almost seems like he is continuation bet hoping you will fold, or wanting you to hangout. I would c/r flop if I was OOP open ended or with a high pair. Feel him out better here and re-eval later?? Is this just really idiotic thought process??As the hand played out, I would guess he had 77, and hit the low end. Since you did not bet OP on the turn, he knew you did not have the high end already.
we chase away some the hands we wanna get payed from, plus so many turns are good for us so see if he fires turn before we reveal our hand too much, and if we raise and get reraised or called then bet into on blank turns we kinda hate life a bit. we preserve value so much by calling the flop.
we chase away some the hands we wanna get payed from, plus so many turns are good for us so see if he fires turn before we reveal our hand too much, and if we raise and get reraised or called then bet into on blank turns we kinda hate life a bit. we preserve value so much by calling the flop.
That's what I was thinking, losing value. Working on that aspect now. Right now I am being aggressive early, and giving up the chance to make money later in the hand.

I don't see a problem with raising the flop. Losing customers? Big deal...The best way to lose a hand is to slow play an unmade hand. What if the turn is a J? Still feel pretty good about things with one card to come?Maybe try a min raise...you know how much people love those. If you get a call, shove the bricky turn. If villain shoves over your min raise, then fold.